Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking the OVW roster and saw Elijah Burke on there. Could this mean a return of The Pope? Would love to see him team with EC3.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Decent mic skills but mediocre in ring talent. No thanks. There are indy talents available who trump him in both departments and have youth on their side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jay Lethal is the world's most chocolatey vanilla midget. The guy's Dean Malenko minus the superb in-ring talent, i.e., hot garbage. He'll amount to nothing in this business. Although I do agree The Pope was never the most graceful worker, the guy has oodles of charisma and can speak very well on the mic. Bringing him back, and giving him some actual direction, would be a huge boost for current TNA. I hope it happens.

By the way... did Pope's name just now pop back up on the OVW website? This isn't another case where it's been there all along due to somebody forgetting to remove it, is it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Pope is just average in the ring, but his mic skills and charisma make him a little more special. The crowd always seemed to love him and he could get heat as well.

Don't hold me to it, but I went on the site a month or so ago and didn't notice him before.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I could go for both Pope and Lethal back, in the X division. they could both work well there. hell maybe even together as a tag team.
but I can't help but to feel like I don't really get the "Pope" gimmick for this guy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pope is definitely not an X Division type of guy...someone they should bring the Television Title back for. Would love to see Jay Lethal back on the roster as well.

·
Banned
11,718 Posts
Hope not. Pope was was always below average. Lethal on the other would be awesome. Don't see why they ever released him.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Pope is definitely not an X Division type of guy...someone they should bring the Television Title back for. Would love to see Jay Lethal back on the roster as well.
I don't see him as a main event heavyweight contender, so unless he's stuck in the mid card all the time I think he could be more useful in the X division.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I wasn't a fan of how his boots/guards looked like socks and the way he wore his hair braided like a little girl. That ain't what's poppin' or pimpin'. I don't remember being impressed by his ring skills or his mic skills, either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts