1 - 20 of 5699 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Atleast it's just the HR department for official communications and job ads, I don't think that's nearly as ridiculous as the title suggests.

I expect a huge amount of HR departments already operate this way in the modern world for right or wrong.

·
From parts unknown
22,812 Posts
Jezebel beta male cuck refuses to play and review No Man's Sky because it's not No Woman's Sky ...

I think it some sort of a backhanded attempt at poking fun at that poor guy who refused to review ghostbusters. Unfortunately, the cuck doesn't realize that the reason why that guy refused to review the movie had nothing to do with women.

But then, it's a castrated male on Jezebel, what can you expect?

http://thegg.net/opinion-editorial/why-isnt-it-called-no-womans-sky-jezebels-no-mans-sky-nonsense-article/

This author addresses the issue of it being a rage-bait post ... but also acknowledges that we really have reached the point where we really can't tell anymore.

Don't forget that Jezebel is the same female echo chamber that believes that Air Conditioning is sexist

:kobelol

·
That's the way it has to be
1,123 Posts
I'd like to thank you for creating this thread.

Because it means all the bullshit posted by the same posters, linking to right-wing nutjob "news" sites which shoot for the lowest hanging fruit at best, and make up stories at worst, can go in one place rather than cluttering up the whole section.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd like to thank you for creating this thread.

Because it means all the bullshit posted by the same posters, linking to right-wing nutjob "news" sites which shoot for the lowest hanging fruit at best, and make up stories at worst, can go in one place rather than cluttering up the whole section.
I can assure you, a lot of this is not bullshit at all.

Political correctness has rendered free speech and free thought almost redundant. We're quickly turning into a society that instead of promoting free speech and interrogating it, we are policing it down to microscopic levels and it makes me uneasy.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

·
From parts unknown
22,812 Posts
I can assure you, a lot of this is not bullshit at all.

Political correctness has rendered free speech and free thought almost redundant. We're quickly turning into a society that instead of promoting free speech and interrogating it, we are policing it down to microscopic levels and it makes me uneasy.
Don't take Skybox's crap in this thread seriously. When he first broke onto the scene, he was as much anti-SJW as the rest of us.

He created this gimmick and is now taking it way too seriously. :kobelol

Just go through his first few threads and you'll see what I mean.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,964 Posts
When the British passed the "Communications Act of 2003" under Tony Blair I foresaw it going where it would eventually go: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/online-troll-muslims-police-facebook-11707461#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Online troll caught out after posting 'grossly offensive' anti-Muslim comments on police Facebook page

Dad-of-seven admitted offence under the Malicious Communications Act

An online troll ended up in the dock after posting comments ‘grossly offensive’ to Muslims on a police website.

Dad-of-seven Stephen Bennett, 39, made inflammatory remarks on Greater Manchester Police’s Facebook page, in response to an appeal for information in a sex case with an Asian suspect.

One comment he made concerned Asian women, another was likely to be offensive to Muslims.

Bennett, of Wythenshawe, also wrote: “Don’t come over to this country and treat it like your own. Britain first.”

He made the comments despite his mother-in-law and sister-in-law being Muslims, his lawyer told the court.

The response sparked outrage from Facebook users who feared his remarks would set people against each other.

When Bennett was arrested by officers in an 8am house call, he said: “Is this about that Muslim thing on Facebook? I’m getting locked up for sticking up for my own country.”

Bennett later admitted an offence under the Malicious Communications Act.

His Manchester Crown Court sentencing hearing was told that he was a dad-of-seven who was finding it ‘difficult to cope’ at the time because of the loss of his job, but was now back in work as a cleaner.

His lawyer added that his mother-in-law and sister-in-law were Muslims, and that he was not racist.

But web users who read his posts felt his remarks would fuel tensions.

One Muslim witness told police he was concerned the ‘irresponsible’ comments would ‘incite hatred’ and be a ‘potential tool for radicalisation’.

Another Muslim personally offended by the remarks challenged Bennett online, telling him ‘act your age’.

People in the wider community were also offended, prosecutor Gavin Howie told court, with one female Facebook user describing his remarks as ‘offensive to all women’.

Mr Bennett’s lawyer, Andrew Higginson, said his actions were ‘difficult to explain’, adding: “There’s more to him than what one sees on Facebook.

"It’s a sad indictment of the state of our social and political discourse that whilst one is shocked, one is not particularly surprised comments like this are posted.

“It’s increasingly common for comments posted on social media to be featured in criminal cases. These platforms provide an amount of anonymity. People can say things they wouldn’t dream of saying face to face.
More:

Sentencing, Recorder Andrew Long told Bennett he found it ‘impossible to believe’ he would have posted the ‘grossly offensive’ comments unless he was ‘at least a sympathiser’ with those who expressed such views.

The judge said ‘running the risk of stirring up racial hatred in the present climate’, was ‘very serious’ describing it as ‘conduct capable of playing into the hands of the enemies of this country’.

Sentencing him to a 12-month community order, with 180 hours’ unpaid work, the judge added: “Your remarks damaged the community in which you live, and it’s the community that you must repay.”
Saying incendiary things online is a questionable practice and many trolls of all persuasions are annoying, but one may readily peer into the mechanical apparatus of the state to see where things are going in the United Kingdom. Sir Peter Fahy, chief constable of Greater Manchester, noted a little over a year and a half ago that the UK seemed to be in the process of becoming something of a police state and myriad indicators since have proven his statement to possess considerable merit.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts

·
Banned
9,033 Posts
What's all this about I live in Aus and haven't heard a thing about this, can't watch vids at work and can't find anything on Google. Anyone got a link that works to an article or something?

I would've thought if a law was passed or something it would be all over mainstream news.

Edit: Is it this?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/act-parliament-passes-religious-vilification-laws-20160804-gqlagu.html
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/act-parliament-passes-religious-vilification-laws-20160804-gqlagu.html

I'm so sorry Australia now has some shite blasphemy law that's similar to ones in the middle east.

Edit: Damn, you beat me to it. $7500 fine, fuck me sideways.

1 - 20 of 5699 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.