Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did anyone else felt the same way in that opening segment?

It was like HHH telling Punk to knock yourself out with all the equipment on the announce table as if he knew that Punk hasnt got anything significant left to say.

A couple of months back Punk use to get his microphone cut out which showed that WWE was stopping him from speaking his mind. The pipebomb suggested that Punk is explosive on the mic with his words when given the opportunity, but this week he was given the green light and the freedom to go on say whatever he wants to millions of viewers and there was a comic feel given to the term pipebomb.

With regards to Punk's character, why the hell did he get so excited to wear Triple H's blazer. He was acting like a kid throughout that segment, just real goofy. Its getting really difficult to take him seriously in the last couple of weeks and he doesnt look like a being a World Champion again anytime soon

There is so much difference between the Punk who cut that amazing promo and the Punk now. He went from a rebel to a company man.

How can the bandwagoners who became his fan only after he cut that promo still side with him? Are you guys just happy that he has been given a "push" rather than bringing change (dont bring up the "give him time" b.s anymore)

I say "push" because Cena is back to the one being in the title picture and when The Rock comes back, it would be all about Cena and him until Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ofcourse its gonna be about Cena Rock at WM, what they are doing with Punk will get him over with all the fans and thats how he becomes a top face. He cant just be loved by a certain group of older men and be at the level of Cena and Orton.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ofcourse its gonna be about Cena Rock at WM, what they are doing with Punk will get him over with all the fans and thats how he becomes a top face. He cant just be loved by a certain group of older men and be at the level of Cena and Orton.
The more they try to make Punk appeal to kids, the more he would be disliked by the older fans. It might not seem this way now, but it could eventually.

In that case, there would be no difference between Punk and the superstars who WWE currently has as the faces of their company

·
Registered
373 Posts
I can't help but feel you're projecting your own opinions onto HHH when you say this

It was like HHH telling Punk to knock yourself out with all the equipment on the announce table as if he knew that Punk hasnt got anything significant left to say.
To me - and this is no doubt me projecting too - it felt like HHH was being nice to Punk because they were allies in this instance.

With regards to CM Punk's character. He's a bad-ass nerd. Operating word here is 'Nerd.' Getting mock-excited over wearing the boss' blazer is just nerd comedy to me. As for looking like he's not gonna be World Champion again, anytime soon... wow, I completely disagree. I don't even get how you can think this. I guess it depends on what you mean by "soon."

This whole thing about CM Punk being a sell out... I can see where you guys are coming from, in some respects. I guess it's just an alternative supermark opinion.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
"Can I wear your Blazer?" "I'm In!"
Those 2 phrases may sound childish, BUT, awesome.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
uugh , another thread that's complaining about punk's character

his character is GREAT .. he doesn't have to come out every week and be all serious and shooting FF's

he was highly entertaining in the last raw , he didn't sell out or anything (keyfabe speaking of course) , he stated his reasons and backed up his points

i see no harm in pulling of a comedic mood now and then , you know OP , many wrestlers with cutting edge characters have done that one way or another ..

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Punk was never really that serious. Remember when he was making the snow angels? He was obviously been sarcastic with the blazer.

But I do agree that Punk shouldn't have sided with Cena... ever. I hate that he's all buddy buddy with Triple H now. It's one thing for him to not be a part of the conspiracy but that doesn't mean he should become his butt-buddy.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Did anyone else felt the same way in that opening segment?

A couple of months back Punk use to get his microphone cut out which showed that WWE was stopping him from speaking his mind. The pipebomb suggested that Punk is explosive on the mic with his words when given the opportunity, but this week he was given the green light and the freedom to go on say whatever he wants to millions of viewers and there was a comic feel given to the term pipebomb.

With regards to Punk's character, why the hell did he get so excited to wear Triple H's blazer. He was acting like a kid throughout that segment, just real goofy. Its getting really difficult to take him seriously in the last couple of weeks and he doesnt look like a being a World Champion again anytime soon

There is so much difference between the Punk who cut that amazing promo and the Punk now. He went from a rebel to a company man.

How can the bandwagoners who became his fan only after he cut that promo still side with him? Are you guys just happy that he has been given a "push" rather than bringing change (dont bring up the "give him time" b.s anymore)

I say "push" because Cena is back to the one being in the title picture and when The Rock comes back, it would be all about Cena and him until Wrestlemania.

Ok if any of you all remember back to when CM Punk was regularly doing commentary on RAW......He wore street clothes with a blazer over it. I believe he mocked the fact that the 'Company' told him to look 'Professional' and wear something 'Nice'. It's also an inside joke regarding his depush in fall of '09 because he got mouthy with The Undertaker when approached about his 'Unprofessional' dress-code while being WHC in public........He said something to the affect of 'John Cena dresses up?'. He's actually made references to this instance another time while on guest commentary, as to why he wears the blazer, and said something to the affect of 'This is me dressing up'. The last time he was on commentary with Del Rio leading into HIAC, guess what? He was wearing a blazer over his gear. So please get over it, it's just an inside joke that's become an on-air custom for Punk.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so perhaps I went slightly overboard with regards to Punk wanting to wear HHH's blazer. But do people think about what I said about the pipebomb in the OP? Seeing as no one is disagreeing with it

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Ok so perhaps I went slightly overboard with regards to Punk wanting to wear HHH's blazer. But do people think about what I said about the pipebomb in the OP? Seeing as no one is disagreeing with it
Someone did disagree with it as they said it seemed like you injected your own feelings into what HHH said.......And I'm inclined to agree with their theory of it was more HHH kissing up to Punk since they are now 'Allies' in this with a common enemy. Not to mention I think it was also to show that HHH didn't care at this point cuz everyone else pussied out. So he knew CM Punk would probably say controversial stuff, but he didn't care at this point as long as they got through the show.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The one problem I had with that segment is the fact that about 30 seconds into the match they cut to a commercial, and then got interrupted by Vince 30 seconds after the break, so we really didn't get to hear any of Punk on commentary.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts