Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been long enough to where I feel the WWE may be able to pull this off with Michael McGuillicutti, or Joseph Hennig. In recent memory he was in a decent feud with Tyson Kidd. Nothing great, but Joe finally showed some character in this feud, and I think he should progress. The cat should just come out of the bag as to what his "real name" actually is. I'm certain there is a story that can be made up to explain the changing of his name. He could say that he didn't want "others" to think that he got to where he is by name only, and that he wanted to prove he had "it" on his own.

Perhaps he could say that he didn't want to feel like he had to live up to what his father had done. Then it dawned on him, that his father Curt never won the WWE world title, and it's something that Joe realized was something he realistically could still do. Joe says that there is still time to restore "prestige" to the Hennig family, and capture a WWE world title. He could coin himself "The Perfect Son" Joe Hennig. I just feel it's time that a solid story was given to him to work with. Would love to see him "Perfect Plex" someone through a table as well. Send a clear message that he is done being a "tool"

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I like the idea, but would find it disrespectful if he wanted to win it because Curt never did. If he said he was honouring his father then most definitely get behind it.

That or call himself mr perfect jnr!

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
But he isn't "Perfect" like his did was. Far from it. You can call him whatever you want to but Michael and Ted Jr. will never be in their fathers' league.

·
Registered
766 Posts
He simply sucks. He should be future endeavored, but he won't because of his bloodline.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
He wont suit the gimmick as his not perfect nor is he anything like his dad. His dad was epic. His not.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It's a good idea and one I think they'll use, but McGillicutty isn't ready for it yet. He has been improving on NXT recently but I'd give him another six months/a year or so of NXT/Superstars experience and see where he is then.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I think Hennig gets a lot of hate on here due to his horrendous NXT S2 promo. He's not that bad in the ring and he is slowly improving on all fronts. I would love for him to drop the McGillicuty name first before he gets a second chance on the main shows.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
It's a great idea but I'd wait another year before doing it, he is steadily improving in all areas but in order to pull this off properly and do his dad justice he has to be a lot better than he is now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts