Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wake up every day in sweat and fear that they fired him. They obviously have no plan what-so-ever with him, so what's the deal here? Is he supposed to get over by himself like Ryder or what, because building a storyline for Superstars and/or NxT is worse than being fired. I really like the guy, and if the plans about bringing up the tag team division from ashes are true (or continue on the recent Air Boom wave of revitalization) can we expect that Hawkins shows up on the tag team scene? Also he and Reks don't really look like a tag team, Reks looks like a Neanderthal meets Alien vs Predator, and Hawkins is the modern day clubbing guy or whatever...

Any thoughts? Opinions?

(for the fun part of the thread I give you this photo...)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean, I'd hate to see him fired only then to have a guy like Skip Sheffield to be pushed instead or crap like that... I don't know, I personally think that him and Reks have some chemistry, since Reks actually decided to get a haircut and all... I don't know maybe feuding with the usos should be a good move to get them over as heels, since the Usos are starting to be over as faces... I also wonder to myself what would have happened if the Nexus storyline didn't feature NxT rookies but instead the jobbers like Reks, Hawkins, Baretta, Mc Intyre, Kidd and all those guys...
I find ludicrous that guys like Zack Ryder have to get themselves over, while creative can't be arsed to build stars and instead focuses on already built talent all the time... But who knows, they already saved Mark Henry and I think that they are trying to salvage what they can of Otunga so...

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
You wake up in sweat and fear?...wow.

I honestly don't know if they have anything planned for him in the future. WWE are unpredictable in who they use properly. Perhaps he's being prepeared for the proper tag team division whilst on NXT. But then again Chris Masters was improving and people had faith in him. Look where he is now.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Him, Ryder and Baretta could easily be the future. All great talkers, all great in the ring, all charismatic. Why Alex Riley, Mason Ryan and various others are utilized more than they are escapes me. Hawkins could definitely be a great midcard heel, he'd be great in Vickie's stable. I hope they start using him soon, he's too good a talent and has too much potential to be totally wasted.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You wake up in sweat and fear?...wow.
That's more a figure of speech.

I'm glad I'm not alone here. Guys like him, Trent, Primo and others who live and breathe wrestling taking the back seat to FCW clones, just because they arent 6'4" 250 or sth.

·
Dr. Mantis Toboggan
1,127 Posts
That's more a figure of speech.

I'm glad I'm not alone here. Guys like him, Trent, Primo and others who live and breathe wrestling taking the back seat to FCW clones, just because they arent 6'4" 250 or sth.
Exactly. WWE needs to wake up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
YEA CURT HAWKINS IS A GREAT HEEL GOOD FOR THE MIDCARD TOO I LIKE THE SMALL FEUD HE HAD WITH BERETTA ON SUPERSTARS AND HIS COMMENTARY TOO

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
C-Hawk is awesome. I think he should keep the jacket/red pants look over the generic tights/kickpads though. Makes him stand out more so I'm glad he brought the pants back. Dude can wrestle for sure and he looks like a big deal.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Yeah, his team with Reks is lame.

Re-team him with Ryder. It's a no-brainer.

Bring back The Dudebusters (Croft & Barretta) too!
Yes, Hawkins/Ryder is a much better team than Hawkins/Reks. Ryder is over as hell, but I think he's stuck in a catch-22 in which if they were to push him for real, it would destroy the character that got him over. Hawkins could be the leader of the team (although they would come out to Ryder's theme song as it is much catchier) and the straight man to Ryder's antics.

They could even do a New Age Outlaws style intro, with Hawkins introducing them as "The Party Starter Curt Hawkins, The Internet Champion Zack Ryder, The Major Broskis!" which Ryder could then cap off with, "And if you're not down with us, I have one question. Are you serious bro?"

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I really think they should team him back upwith Ryder, these two are gold together and they could be this decade's Edge and Christian, I don't think either should be singles right now, both could be pretty epic if the both accepted that for the next 2/3 years they should focus on being the best tag team in Wrestling

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, Hawkins/Ryder is a much better team than Hawkins/Reks. Ryder is over as hell, but I think he's stuck in a catch-22 in which if they were to push him for real, it would destroy the character that got him over. Hawkins could be the leader of the team (although they would come out to Ryder's theme song as it is much catchier) and the straight man to Ryder's antics.

They could even do a New Age Outlaws style intro, with Hawkins introducing them as "The Party Starter Curt Hawkins, The Internet Champion Zack Ryder, The Major Broskis!" which Ryder could then cap off with, "And if you're not down with us, I have one question. Are you serious bro?"
I really think they should team him back upwith Ryder, these two are gold together and they could be this decade's Edge and Christian, I don't think either should be singles right now, both could be pretty epic if the both accepted that for the next 2/3 years they should focus on being the best tag team in Wrestling
The Major Broskis >
The Party Starter & The Long Island Iced Z = they already have together working gimmicks

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
It depends what you define as working, if he can get on tv and give it a chance to get it over then who knows, Ryder's gimmickis working

1 - 20 of 28 Posts