Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How they've handled the Asian talents thus far. If you look at the history of this company and how they've handled Asian talents it has been rather embarrassing. Look at MLB and you can see it done right with what they do to market all talents to their demographics and this includes their Japanese stars.

I am impressed with what I have seen from stars like Nakamura and Asuka. They're both doing well and are still at the top of their game even at the peak of their careers. I can even acknowledge Itami because he isn't a stereotypical character. While he has only been wrestling here and there due to a lengthy injuries along the way I can't say that I am unimpressed. Itami is legit and his ring style is great by comparison to what I see currently on the main roster.

Nakamura and Asuka are quite possibly my two favorite stars in the WWE today. I could care less about Shinsuke and his broken English. The same can be said about Asuka. What these two bring to the ring with their energy and overall charisma is amazing. They are what wrestling at this stage was missing. I am impressed with how the WWE has treated both Nakamura and Asuka. Nakamura on SD has been something impressive to see because thus far his booking has been gold with the exception of Ziggler. Asuka is just kicking ass and is the most legit star not named Brock Lesnar.

Itami may not become the next big star that Nakamura will become, but don't count him out. What I like about Itami is that he is his own character. Not some Oriental Express tag team, or some stereotype. Itami may not ever be a WWE World Champion, but he also won't ever be some pass time gimmick, or bullshit stereotype. It's part of what I like about the handling of Asian talents by the WWE. I have to applaud them because past talents have just been awful. There are few things I will praise this company for. This is one of them.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I wouldnt be giving them credit just yet. We have seen nothing of how those talents will fare on the main roster yet (205 Live doesnt count). Nakamura is the first one who will give us a clear idea on how this will go for the Asian talents on the main roster.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
ive got a few things to give them credit for
alexa
shesaro
braun vs roman

they have a few good things going for them now, just need to sort the smackdown tag division and womens division and theyll be on the right track

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Why would you? Nakamura is the only one on the main roster as far as I know and it's not like they're playing to his strengths with his car crash promos with Ziggler.
It's like giving them credit for their handling of Bulgarian or Swiss talents.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would you? Nakamura is the only one on the main roster as far as I know and it's not like they're playing to his strengths with his car crash promos with Ziggler.
It's like giving them credit for their handling of Bulgarian or Swiss talents.
Do you see Nakamura coming out in a blue jeans, wife beater, and cowboy hat acting a fool? No you don't. Nakamura is being featured as if he is a special attraction and you know what? He is. Car crash promos? Have you attended any of his shows since he joined NXT and now the main roster. I have. His pops are real, not fake. Get your shit together Jack.

My point stands. He nor the other talents I mentioned have been booked like jokes. I mean for crying out loud there is a thread with Goldberg congratulating Asuka's win streak. She now has tied his. Itami needs time again, but his finisher is over and so is he. We haven't watched enough of him to really give him the pass, but I already have because he was a big deal when he first arrived. You can't predict the injury bug.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Do you see Nakamura coming out in a blue jeans, wife beater, and cowboy hat acting a fool? No you don't. Nakamura is being featured as if he is a special attraction and you know what? He is. Car crash promos? Have you attended any of his shows since he joined NXT and now the main roster. I have. His pops are real, not fake. Get your shit together Jack.
So he isn't involved in car crash promos because he's getting pops?
If you don't think this is a car crash promo you are not worth arguing with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkxeBNkg4DY

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So he isn't involved in car crash promos because he's getting pops?
If you don't think this is a car crash promo you are not worth arguing with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkxeBNkg4DY
I don't care about care about car crash promos. Thanks for the lone example. Nakamura is good at what he does. If he reminds the viewer of a pop icon that is a good sign. Whether people criticize him for looking a particular way isn't the point. He is drawing interest wherever he goes. He has been handled well so far and I think the mere fact that he is working with a mid card talent like Ziggler is humble on his part. He is a rare talent and that's all that needs to be said.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts