Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This conflict is known is just about every family and sometimes resorts is big trouble.The way most of the media brings up big brothers as big bad punks while the little brothers are poor little innocents is just sad because it's not true

I'm an older brother and I have a younger brother.I think being an older broher is harder.Why? Because being the oldest means I have to take care of him no matter how much I don't want to.I have to help him and not expect to be helped.I must forgive him for always trying to put me down as my little brother is the type that wants to prove he's better than me and will do anything to try to make me look like shit to make him seem like "the better brother".I have only beaten him down once in my life out of anger,But he has done horrible things to me I try to over look.When we get into fights through words we always end up almost beating each other up with my older sister always stopping us.I do admit I cannot stand my brother not one bit,At all

I may be wrong,I'm an atheist and my brother despises my ass because of me being an atheist.Anyway,Who do YOU think has the harder way of life and why?

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
I have a little brother. I'm the more rebellious extrovert sibling and he's pretty quiet. Grade wise I'm ahead of him. He makes As and Bs while I make straight As. He's better at gaming than me. I'm more athletic and the better liar. He is the better artist and knows more about comics and wrestling. We have a good relationship though he is the submissive one. He does what I tell him. Which I do take advantage of like when I don't want to do dishes or take out the trash.

Our parents treat us pretty equally though I will say that I'm my dad's favorite.
For me its harder for the younger sibling because he/she lives in the older siblings shadow. No offense but your brother sounds like an ass.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
If you're older then older brothers, if you're younger then it's younger ones. There're pros and cons to both and we only see the cons relating to ourselves.

I'm an older brother so it's obviously harder for me ;)

·
7,737 Posts
My older brother and I haven't had many issues. We both spent a lot of our time with our older cousins growing up so he never had a massive amount of seniority over me. I respect him a crapload though and we don't fight that often, but then again we lost our mam 5 or so years ago when I was 13 and he was 16, so instead of me becoming an arse when I became a teen we looked out for each other a lot instead. Now we're both older we're pretty good friends and since we aren't keen on my dads new girlfriend we go to each other with problems instead of him, which probably adds to the respect etc.

Same can't be said for my younger sister but no family gets along perfectly, I love the both of them a hell of a lot

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I get along great with my older brother. Sure we had tons of fights when we were younger, but we are pretty close now. We don't have any other siblings so we just try to stay close. I completely agree with what Thumb said tho. When you are the older brother you will only see the negative aspects of it and vice versa.

·
Banned
251 Posts
The closest I ever had to having a brother is my half-brother, who used to torment me with my cousin when I was 5 or 6. We're talking being tied to a chair a being forced to watch really gruesome horror movies. I loved the 90's...

Btw, how old is your brother OP? I'm trying to paint a picture of what it looks like for the two of you fighting and arguing. No offence :p

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I got 2 younger brothers and I actually get along with them. I am the oldest so I am suppose to step my game (via education) and set a good example for them to look forward. I don't really have much conflict sometimes I bug him on purpose (for fun) but we have a healthy relationship.

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,581 Posts
I have a older brother. I know its harder for him too because of how he has to handle most of problems my parents encounter when having to communicate with another person because they don't speak very good english themselves.

But anything he ever struggled with as a child I don't because he helped me through it. I get better grades, did better in sports(though he is more athletic than me), and overall I learned things at a way younger age than he did.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
I don't have an older brother. But I do have three older sisters. Sure there were some bad times when we were growing up, but which siblings don't fight? But now that we are older, and maybe wiser, we still talk and have fun while being around eachother.

At least I have a better relationship to my siblings than my Dad does.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,340 Posts
I have a younger brother that's 2 years older than me. He's my best friend. Until we both went away for college we did just about everything together. We fight but it's usually nothing serious and when we do argue we both get over it in a few hours.

I also have a little sister that's 10 years younger than me. I would do anything for her and I'm insanely overprotective of her. We have a great relationship.

I guess some people have issues with their siblings but I never did. I've basically done everything with my little brother since he was born and while my relationship with my sister is totally different there is still no conflict at all between us. I love them both and I'm lucky to have them.

·
1,973 Posts
I have 3 step brothers, all older and 1 half brother, that is younger. None of my step-brothers live at either of my houses though (mums and dads) though my little brother being 11 obviously does. I am not around him everyday though, because he lives with my mum and step-dad and I live with both my mum and step-dad and dad and step-mum. We are similar to what the OP said, but as some of the guys have said, who isn't? My little brother is so moody and fluctuates so easily in all aspects, probably a typical 11 year old. Would take me too long to go into detail on everything.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
I'm the younger one, and I'm glad for it. While he'd kick my ass in a fight, I get to do all the things he's done, and my parents can't say shit about it.

He has been through University and High School without any guidance, I have always had his advice and opinions, on University Open Day he came with me and without him I would've been fucked. He went through it alone.

Being the eldest is definitely harder than being younger.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts