Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... Not a real hate topic, but I have a question.

Am I the only guy who really doesn't like this guy?

He seems stellar in the ring and all but I really can't stand him. First of all, he was meant to be in the late 90's All Japan main event scene with guys like Kobashi and Misawa. Am I really meant to believe that this Japanese Billy Kidman lookalike in zebra tights can take Misawa to his limit? Don't get me started on his GHC title win. Was there any real reason to give it too him? Being BBF's with Misawa probably was the main reason.

It's not so much that I want to kill him. It's just I don't want him to be alive anymore.

Thoughts?

BTW, I have nothing against Ogawa personally. He's probs a nice guy. I just can't take him seriously.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
Re: The Official Yoshinari Ogawa Hate Topic *All Ogawa Hatred and Death Threats Go He

I don't think anything of the guy. He got to where he got just because he was Misawa's bag handler, just like Beefcake & Hogan.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Re: The Official Yoshinari Ogawa Hate Topic *All Ogawa Hatred and Death Threats Go He

He is just Skinny.... There is nothing to him.

He isn't terrible or anything. There just isn't anything to him.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

I don't think anything of the guy. He got to where he got just because he was Misawa's bag handler, just like Beefcake & Hogan.
Yeah, this. I mean, Ogawa's wrestling skills are fine and all, but he was nothing other than Misawa's gayboy, plus his personality is absolutely annoying. I totally dislike him. One of my favorite modern puro moments is Takayama destroying Ogawa in a GHC Hewiki Title match.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts

Yeah, this. I mean, Ogawa's wrestling skills are fine and all, but he was nothing other than Misawa's gayboy, plus his personality is absolutely annoying. I totally dislike him. One of my favorite modern puro moments is Takayama destroying Ogawa in a GHC Hewiki Title match.
This. Don't forget when Super Kobashi punched his face in and inducted him into The Hall of You Don't Fuck with Kobashi!

Ogawa is not bad in the ring, just skinny and more annoying looking than a circus clown.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts

I still don't understand how NOAH let him beat Akiyama for the belt. Really a Vince Russo moment right there...

·
Banned
1,824 Posts

I always hate when people use "skinny" as a justification for hating a wrestler, makes you sound like a douche

Focus on wrestling ability

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

I always hate when people use "skinny" as a justification for hating a wrestler, makes you sound like a douche

Focus on wrestling ability
No, people need to focus on wrestler's personality and character. Wrestling ability means dog's shit without some kind of attractive personality and charisma (see: Roderick Strong, for example).

Oh, and Ogawa being skinny doesn't help, that's for sure.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts

There are certain forms of skinny that are zero buys though as soon as you walk through that curtain.

CM Punk and Evan Bourne, you can work with that and market them as an underdog or maybe have something else that overshadows their lack of physique/size.

Peter Avalon though is a completely different story.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts

Skinny doesn't really matter if you're in shape however.

You can be skinny, yes but if you're in great shape it doesn't matter.

You can't be fat and in shape but you can be skinny and in-shape.

If you don't give someone a chance before even seeing them perform because they are skinny, thats just ridiculous

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

Ogawa is very good IMO. Not in the ranks of Kobashi, Misawa, Takayama, Sasaki or KENTA, but he's still fine.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts

Ogawa is fine as wrestler, I would say he's always around prime Billy Gunn level. The skinny thing is no real issue in WWE any more or in ROH, but in Japan no one is going to take Ogawa serious as Champion. He has zero definition, I've seen people in better shape in a morgue.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

Ogawa being skinny so much wouldn't bother me if he was in the ring with the other Jrs where he should be, but its pretty hard to buy him beating guys like Akiyama when his moveset pretty much consists of him doing Eye Rakes, Backdrops and roll ups.

I did always appreciate the fact his whole schtick was to wrestle like a little cunt because it seems so out of place in Japan, or more specifically the companies hes worked for. But yeah, he got as high up as he did just because of who he was friends with, not talent.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts

Do you mean Umaga and Samoa Joe were never ever in shape? WTF?
Joe in his prime was always big, but he was never fat.

I'd say Umaga was fat.

What I mean by you can't be fat and in-shape, is you can't be toned.

I guess I should've clarified.

I'd call Brodus Clay fat, but he's still one of my favorite guys atm

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

I did always appreciate the fact his whole schtick was to wrestle like a little cunt
Yes, and he actually defeated Akiyama that way, boy how hilarious that moment was. Pure trolling by Misawa & NOAH.

Oh, and his performance (w/Misawa) against KENTA and Marufuji is pure gold. Douchebag 101.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts

Ogawa is very good IMO. Not in the ranks of Kobashi, Misawa, Takayama, Sasaki or KENTA, but he's still fine.
KENTA? really? incredible boring and unexciting unless he is getting his ass kicked by some Heavyweight like Akiyama or Takayama

·
Registered
709 Posts

KENTA? really? incredible boring and unexciting unless he is getting his ass kicked by some Heavyweight like Akiyama or Takayama
Yeah, you really need to be incredibly boring to have the best series of matches in NOAH history :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,824 Posts

What exactly was Ogawa's relationship with Misawa?

Friends? or Student/Mentor?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts