Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New thread for a New Day. Old thread was old, decrepit, and a reminder of an era long gone.

You all know the deal. If you're unsure, here are some ground rules and general guidelines.

• No Spamming
  • No Arguing
  • No "WELL EXCUUUUUSE MEEEE, PRINCESS!"
  • You can discuss your BTB and BTBs of other members here. Do NOT needlessly shill your BTB. We have an Ad Thread for such shilling.
  • Asking for conceptual advice is fine
  • Use references such as Google or http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/ for information and answers before asking here.
  • Just have fun
Remember, when in doubt; use the POWER OF POSITIVITY.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
How many matches for 2 hour Raw/Smackdowns? Between 5-7 each with a long replacement promo in place of a match?

And for a 1 hour NXT? 3-5 matches?

Gonna add in as a question too, would it be believable to have a Eurotrash vs Balor Club feud on NXT if it's made a slow burn and built correctly? I'll be starting essentially with Royal Rumble jusst finished as well as NXT London (within days of each other) but would it be too quick of an introduction for two full factions with 2 months build for NXT Dallas? I mean i've always wanted to write Eurotrash wrestlers especially ZSJ vs Balor and i'll probably end up doing it anyway (with Ospreay replacing End) but could that potentially be genuinely realistic (heel Balor club with vignettes and essentially a 3 on 3 feud)

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
That sounds about right for 2 hour shows. NXT tends to have 4-5, but most are extremely short. 3 matches is probably best case scenario for a one hour show.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
That sounds about right for 2 hour shows. NXT tends to have 4-5, but most are extremely short. 3 matches is probably best case scenario for a one hour show.
Yeah cheers, would rather focus on actual decent matchups rather than squash matches like they have currently with backstage promos for character development anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
2 months is a longer time than it seems. The feud could work if it's built correctly. Lots of vignettes as you said will be helpful. Good luck to you.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What would you guys think of a "Talking Dead" style talk show after my weekly shows? I think it could be a great way to give my characters more "life" if that makes sense.
The idea sounds good. Would it be in kayfabe, so to speak, or would it be out-of-character?

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Four projects and I can't seem to pick one. :mj2

WCW 1998... What I would change. :banderas

WCW 2000... Rey Mysterio Vs. Eddie Guerrero Vs. Chris Benoit for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship is my dream Triple Threat match. :hogan

Asylum Wrestling/Dark Shadows revival... Lucha Underground, HBO's Oz, and HBO's Game of Thrones making a baby.

My CAW fed... So over-the-top, but no one would know who anyone was.

Dammit all. :mj2

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Third one third one third one. Please please please.
The third one would be the most creatively satisfying, I admit. I'm having trouble with the roster, though.

I have the show set sometime between 2014 and 2016, but I barely watched any wrestling besides CMLL and Lucha Underground in that time. I don't really know too many independent wrestlers and I really, really do not want to use too many WWE/TNA performers, although with the roster I have now, it's looking like I am using more than I want to. I can repurpose 'em, which I've done to people like Finn Balor/Prince Devitt and Becky Lynch.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Well, you could always go earlier? I dunno, I just really liked that idea when I first saw it. Haha.

Why don't you want that many WWE/TNA people?

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, you could always go earlier? I dunno, I just really liked that idea when I first saw it. Haha.

Why don't you want that many WWE/TNA people?
Earlier... Then I can't use some of the performers I want to use, though, like Ivelisse. :trips5

The reason I don't want too many WWE/TNA performers is because they're instantly recognizable and then the show just becomes WWE-lite, which I don't want. Sure, the show would have a different format and like LU, would be more of a drama with wrestling set as the action pieces, but too many WWE/TNA guys and it becomes too familiar.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Fair enough.

I don't think you need to worry about WWE-Lite though, EPW was pretty WWE-ish (from what I remember) but didn't turn into WWE-Lite. So you could probably do it, but I ain't gonna pressure you no more. :p

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fair enough.

I don't think you need to worry about WWE-Lite though, EPW was pretty WWE-ish (from what I remember) but didn't turn into WWE-Lite. So you could probably do it, but I ain't gonna pressure you no more. :p
Yeah, but it's also the talent. The talent nowadays... well, I'm really not interested in the lot of 'em, but I'll manage. I'll make myself a fan by using 'em.

You know what sucks the most? When something like Lucha Underground has already used character types and concepts you yourself have wanted to do, such as the Mil Muertes and Catrina characters. I've always wanted to use a character named Muerte (with a known wrestler portraying him) and a female valet named La Calavera Catrina. Damn you, Lucha Underground. Beating me to the punch in everything from the format down to the characters themselves. :mj2

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Only 2 weeks of shows written forward, so will probably take my sweet time writing and formatting my shit before posting and make sure it's really nice to look at as well as read, but I thought 'fuck it' and posted some rosters and my PPV recap of results if anyone wants to just give it a skim :)

Looks pretty generic and same-same as the current WWE, but i've got some really fuckin' cool things planned.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It looks cool enough and two weeks of shows - I think - is plenty. I'm excited to see what you do :)

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
You know what a sucker I am for your original stuff Dante so I say Dark Shadows of Wrestling needs to be rebooted asap.

Show 'em how it's done.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know what a sucker I am for your original stuff Dante so I say Dark Shadows of Wrestling needs to be rebooted asap.

Show 'em how it's done.
Would you or anyone else cared if I had characters similar to Lucha Underground? I did create 'em years ago, just never used 'em. I just don't want it to be looked at as a ripoff, because it's definitely not the case.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Well I know full well that's not the case. I remember you shooting off the names to meet for years before Lucha Underground were even a seed in someone's mind.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts