Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just posted l5 minutes ago but this just popped into my head

when the Nexus angle first came about and they were a huge group of guys doing what they wamted taking out who they wanted looking like they were taking over. all it would of took would have been Vinny mac to stik with the huge group of guys pushinng wade Barrett as the main heel while giving moderate pushes to some other members. they could have been the NWO

i know the NWO was done a long time ago and it would be a re hashed re used recycled storyline but fuk it it wud have worked.

the only thing missing would have been a manager to play the Bischoff role but maybe not that nesecary and a major face to turn heel and align himself with the group and you would have had the perfect formula
i mean come on NWO helped keep WCW on top in the Monday Night Wars and the Nexus could have made the WWE product alot better during this transitional period in WWE but its not to late

Restablish the Nexus again as a big group of young guys
Get rid of Punk
Unite Corre and New Nexus
disregard the members being exclusive to raw or smackdown so it makes it look like they dont care and are taking over
maybe use Diesel as the mamnager figure because of his NWO past and then finally....
The long awaited JOHN CENA HEEL TURN or failing that HHH

Then all you need is a main face on his own or a group to feud and you have the perfect story and WWE product would be saved

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Not enough big names... My Nexus in My btb on the other hand... cough cough

If it got the right people then ye

Not get rid of Punk

·
Banned
8,938 Posts

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not enough big names... My Nexus in My btb on the other hand... cough cough

If it got the right people then ye

Not get rid of Punk
the nwo didnt have as many big names as people think scott norton horace hogan the disciple not all exactly huge stars but some of the original nexus show promise

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
No, not even slightly.

The nWo was game changing. It blurred the lines of kayfabe, had two major invading superstars, and the biggest wrestling icon of all time turning heel.

The Nexus is just a bunch of pissed off rookies.

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, not even slightly.

The nWo was game changing. It blurred the lines of kayfabe, had two major invading superstars, and the biggest wrestling icon of all time turning heel.

The Nexus is just a bunch of pissed off rookies.
so you dont think in this era of wrestling a Cena heel turn would not be as huge as the hogan heel turn?
they cant exactly do the invading superstars because there is no were to invade from because wwe dont seem to sign alot of TNA original talent

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not enough star power and less people cared.
i know thats why you align them with some established stas and besides that isnt tis eant to be the time when new stars are being created i couldnt think of a better way than with a heel faction it worked with evolution

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
There's several OBVIOUS reasons. I don't have the time to list all of them, so let's start with the biggest. Let's look at the first incarnation of the group. You're comparing 8 rookies, with NO television experience, and only 1 of them even had a fanbase before Nexus formed, and he got kicked out the first week, to 2, major WWF stars, who had just jumped promotions, and along with them, the biggest babyface who has ever, ever, ever, ever, ever lived in the history of forever, turning heel for the first time since he became the industry's leading icon

·
Registered
919 Posts
Nexus isn't even in the same league as nWo B-Team let alone the nWo.

·
Registered
138 Posts
There's several OBVIOUS reasons. I don't have the time to list all of them, so let's start with the biggest. Let's look at the first incarnation of the group. You're comparing 8 rookies, with NO television experience, and only 1 of them even had a fanbase before Nexus formed, and he got kicked out the first week, to 2, major WWF stars, who had just jumped promotions, and along with them, the biggest babyface who has ever, ever, ever, ever, ever lived in the history of forever, turning heel for the first time since he became the industry's leading icon

This says it all---As someone else said--the NWO was a game changer. One of if not the biggest story line in the history of wrestling.

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
look i know the guys are not as huge as nwo and i know the idea sounds farfetched but i think WWE is lacking a Heel stable and they had the perfect start with Nexus and could have built them using the same model of the NWO

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
also why do you have to sound lyk a dick wen ur answering a question?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Yeah because they have members that equal Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash riiiight. None of them will ever be that big or could ever be that big. You can't be as big as the nWo when you don't even have the talent to be. Not to mention the fact that wrestling isn't as popular as it was then and probably never will be again.

Nexus isn't even equal to the nWo b-team or nWo 2000

·
WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts