Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

One of the most unlikely (and humorous) tandems in WWE history, Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov, will prove their mettle when they collide with WWE Tag Team Champions Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater of The Nexus for their titles at Survivor Series.

Since uniting as a tag team earlier this year, Santino & Kozlov have established themselves as worthy opponents, but their greatest accomplishment came during the unprecedented "old school" edition of Monday Night Raw. During that historic broadcast, they defeated Jimmy & Jey Uso to earn a WWE Tag Team Title opportunity at Survivor Series thanks to the power of the "Cobra."

The Nexus originally captured the coveted championship at WWE Bragging Rights, but it was not Slater & Gabriel who earned the notorious faction’s first title win in WWE. Rather, it was the impromptu team of David Otunga & John Cena who bested former WWE Tag Team Champions “Dashing” Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre that fateful October evening in Minneapolis.

However, the following night on Raw, Nexus mastermind Wade Barrett decided that combustible partnership of Cena & Otunga could not be trusted to work as a unit. After all, Cena was brought into The Nexus against his will, while Otunga has brazenly opposed Barrett on numerous occasions. Therefore, Barrett ordered Otunga to lay down for Nexus allies Gabriel & Slater, who became the new WWE Tag Team Champions just 24 hours after that initial victory.

Though they won their titles in a dubious fashion, Gabriel & Slater have proven themselves a formidable team in recent weeks, capitalizing on the growing tension between Tyson Kidd & David Hart Smith of The Hart Dynasty, themselves former champions. Knowing that defeat could result in exile from The Nexus – or worse – neither Gabriel nor Slater will be taking the goofball-and-goliath team of Santino & Kozlov lightly.

Will The Nexus continue to dominate WWE’s tag team division? Or will international oddballs Santino & Kozlov celebrate their first WWE Tag Team Title reign? To find out, tune in to Survivor Series this Sunday, only on pay-per-view.
I hope to see Nexus retain, and hopefully someone good like Usos win them at a later time.​

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Zero interest here.

·
Registered
983 Posts
The Dudebuster's should have got this title shot, zero interest in this a 5 minute match with 3 of it being Santino doing some funny stuff

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I kind of look forward to this one. I find the Santino/Kozlov team to be really entertaining, so hopefully that translates in this match. I expect Nexus to retain here though.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
Why are Marella/Kozlov getting a shot at the belts should have put Nexus against someother team.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Nexus -vs- Santlov for WWE Tag Team Championships

Added to the Survivor series card,after last nights number one contenders match.

My thoughts, if anything screams filler, this is certainly it! I'm surprised Santlov even got this close to the tag titles to begin with. However santino is over (and Vladimir, did he get a chant last night, not sure.). Nexus to retain in this one, I think is certain.

Thoughts?

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Re: Nexus -vs- Santlov for WWE Tag Team Championships

I thought I heard a Kozlov chant for about 4-5 sayings when Santino was jumping on the apron :lmao

Aside from that, I wouldn't be surprised if Santino and Kozlov become tag champs at some point, but I don't see them removing the titles from the Nexus.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts

It'll be so stupid if Santino and Kozlov win. I mean, creative would really take the Tag Titles away from the main focal point of it's A-show (on the same night it's leader wins the WWE Championship) in order to give said titles to a throw away comedy tag-team?

If creative do this, they're officially run by fucking morons!

·
Registered
7,449 Posts

I'd like Santino and Kozlov to become tag team champions but not right now. Nexus need to retain at the moment. Unless they're all going down Sunday, which is unlikely.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

I would let Santino & Kozlov win the titles from Nexus and let Wade Barrett lose as well and then hopefully they all stuff them in a crate and send them back to FCW where they belong.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

Nexus should just squash them.

·
Registered
914 Posts

Should Santino and Kozlov pull off the unthinkable and win the belts, then there's ZERO chance of Barrett winning later on.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts

Tag Titles will officially be dead if Kozlov and Santino win....

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Glad to see Santinolov in the limelight for a bit, but ... for the love of all that is good in the word, Dudebusters push, please!

I think Nexus need to retain (without interference!!!) to keep themselves strong. Nexus needs goldz.

·
EPW Owner
4,267 Posts

I would let Santino & Kozlov win the titles from Nexus and let Wade Barrett lose as well and then hopefully they all stuff them in a crate and send them back to FCW where they belong.
Hahahaha What?, I get hating Heath Slater but Justin Gabriel can go in the ring and you need someone in The Nexus to have the work-rate. Down the line we'll probably end up with Gabriel vs Bryan or Gabriel vs Bourne or Morrison and it'll be fantastic.

You want to ship Wade Barrett off to FCW? for what? succesfuly becoming the top heel? his heel mannerisms are great, he's comfortable on the microphone and he can garner heat wherever he goes. Barrett is fantastic and easily a future World Champion.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts