Wrestling Forum banner

The next superstar to get first world title win as a face?

4061 Views 45 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  Felpent
Who do people think will be the next star to get their first wwe or world title win, while as a face?

The most recent one I can think of(unless I'm missing a real obvious one), was Christian(last year), Jeff Hardy(I think it was in 2009?) and before then, CM Punk(in 08). I consider Bryans last year to be more of a heel than a face one.

So who do people think will be the next face to win their first big title? I keep on hoping for someone like Kofi to do that(not many stars I can think of, have won their first WWE/WHC while never turning heel), but I doubt it.
See less
Who do people think will be the next star to get their first wwe or world title win, while as a face?

The most recent one I can think of(unless I'm missing a real obvious one), was Christian(last year), Jeff Hardy(I think it was in 2009?) and before then, CM Punk(in 08). I consider Bryans last year to be more of a heel than a face one.

So who do people think will be the next face to win their first big title? I keep on hoping for someone like Kofi to do that(not many stars I can think of...
See more
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Yeah at the minute, Kofi's a good shout. Only other superstar somewhat possible at the moment would probably be Cody Rhodes but that's only if he gets turned face (which he won't). Other than that, I'd wait until some guys from FCW came up.

· Registered
4,305 Posts
It's hard to say because no one ever gets pushed up the ladder as a face anymore. Creative likes to push their wrestlers as heels, and then turn them face once the fans start cheering for them.

The only ones I can currently see achieving that feat are guys who might not even get pushed towards a World Title ever: Alex Riley, Zack Ryder, or Santino Marella. However, their lesser credibility would lend to a bigger markout moment when they do win.

Cody Rhodes is just too good of a heel to have him win his first belt as a face.

· Registered
306 Posts
I was hoping that it would be Ziggler but looks like thats not the case anymore. I dont think we are gonna see a first world title win from a babyface in a while maybe nexy year but not this year unless they decide to push ryback to the moon which i hope they dont.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
I consider Bryans last year to be more of a heel than a face one.
He won the belt as a face. It doesn't matter if he turned heel, it matters what he was when he won it. If he won it as a face, it's a face title win.

Of course it's RyBack and I don't even know HOW that's debatable at this point. He's the ONLY face who hasn't won the world title that the WWE has shown any commitment to.

Yeah, Kofi's gonna win the title in like 10 years but it ain't gonna be 10 years til a face wins his first belt.

· Registered
1,022 Posts
I would guess Cody Rhodes might. I think he'll turn eventually.

But next in line? Hmm... Ryback.

· Congratulations, you played yourself
10,108 Posts
:lmao Kofi won't win the title. Ever. No way. His ship has sailed.

Sin Cara. They're gonna wait and see if he gets injured before taking a chance with him. Mysterio is gonna put him over and then we'll have Sin Cara in the main event of Smackdown.

· Registered
2,592 Posts
He won the belt as a face. It doesn't matter if he turned heel, it matters what he was when he won it. If he won it as a face, it's a face title win.

Of course it's RyBack and I don't even know HOW that's debatable at this point. He's the ONLY face who hasn't won the world title that the WWE has shown any commitment to.

Yeah, Kofi's gonna win the title in like 10 years but it ain't gonna be 10 years til a face wins his first belt.
He won the title as a heel. You can't cash in your MITB contract against an incapacitated face without becoming a heel in the process. He tried to cash in on Mark Henry before, but that wasn't so bad as Henry was a heel and Bryan was a face. He wasn't an all-out heel until around his feud with Sheamus, but he was using enough heel tactics in the ring and on the mic after winning the title that he could continue to be defined as a heel.

· Registered
2,645 Posts
:lmao Kofi won't win the title. Ever. No way. His ship has sailed.

Sin Cara. They're gonna wait and see if he gets injured before taking a chance with him. Mysterio is gonna put him over and then we'll have Sin Cara in the main event of Smackdown.
I'd agree with this. I think Sin Cara's future is up in the air, but either way I don't think he'll be a midcarder much longer. With him it will either be go big or go home. To be honest I think he'll end up being released before he ever gets a main event push.

· FOURTEEN TIMES, THE GAME
7,551 Posts
Kofi Kingston over the likes of Santino or Ryder.
God help us if those two ever win a world title. If guys like Perfect, Owen Hart, Scott Hall or Jake Roberts couldn't win one, then Santino shouldn't. That said, if they drop the comedy routine with him, and let him be serious and show that he can go in an extended match, then I'll change my tune.

I like Ryder fine, and think he got robbed of his push at the end of 2011, and into 2012. I've like what I've seen from him, just don't know if he'll ever get that kind of push.

In response to the question, I'd have to agree with Kofi, and I'd hope that if he wins a world title, he keeps it and stays in the main event picture.

WWE is bad about having someone win the big one, lose it, then forget about them.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.