Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hypothetically if the tag team division becomes relevant and reputable again, could Ziggler and Swagger be the next "Edge and Christian"?

There are other good tag teams on the rise as well but I see these two guys being on the top of the list along with opportunities down the road to split and go for singles titles.

Thoughts?

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Hold on playa...there will never be another Edge and Christian. NEVER! And of all people you choose Zi-NO!! Just no...

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
there will never be another edge and christian
This.

We will get other great tag teams someday, but just like Demolition or the Hardys or Rock n Roll express, these tag teams are unique.

You also have the added qualifications of two guys that grew up together, were best friends, broke into the business together, and continued to be friends have great chemistry for the rest of their careers. You just can't replicate that by throwing two other guys together. They also had great comedic timing, mic skills, wrestling ability, etc...

Swagger and Ziggler don't have that connection, nor do they have the chemistry together to make up for it. They don't even wrestle like a real tag team, working together to isolate opponents and work a body part or actively get into any shenanigans behind the ref's back and make the crowd hate them. E&C used to have some masterful exchanges against the Hardys, Too Cool, Dudleyz, etc... that you wouldn't get from the other teams from an in-ring perspective and on a psychological level.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
With the tag division being in the worst shape it's been in since....well ever, the odds of there being any actual tag teams on the level of E&C are slim to none. We only got one tag team, ONE, Epico and Primo and no other legit teams. Usos hardly count, they are barely featured on superstars much less the main shows.

These other teams like Swagger and Swiggler, and Big show and Khali aren't legit tag teams since they are really just singles competitors slapped together to give the ONE tag team someone to fight. So you want another E&C? Not gonna happen in the current WWE environment, better get used to Epico and Primo and whatever other short lived, slapped together team WWE throws out there.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
ummm i think theyve givvin up on the tag team division a longgg time ago. But yeh zigswag would be a really legit team to have but zigglers way too big for that especially in this lowering stage of wwe

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
In terms of being a goofy tag team? Barreta and Hawkins if WWE pair them up as the Dudebusters.

I see a lot of Edge vibes in Heath Slater aswell.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ummm i think theyve givvin up on the tag team division a longgg time ago. But yeh zigswag would be a really legit team to have but zigglers way too big for that especially in this lowering stage of wwe
Thanks for understanding what I meant.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
In terms of being a goofy tag team? Barreta and Hawkins if WWE pair them up as the Dudebusters.

I see a lot of Edge vibes in Heath Slater aswell.
heath slater ????? omg ...even the biggest edge hater wouldnt stoop that low

Reactions: samizayn

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think the closest we have had to a entertaining tag team was Miz and Truth, but obviously their pushes were derailed after being served to the Rock and Cena.

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
For some reason, before I opened the thread, I thought you were gonna compare Santino and Zack Ryder to Edge and Christian. Thankfully, this didn't happen. As for the question, no, there will never be another Edge and Christian.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Swagger is fucking shit. Ziggler could potentially rise to that level.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts