Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Heyman's recent interview with Cole, he calls Cesaro The Next Big Thing, and I for one am extremely happy they are going for this angle, or at least hope that it's something they run with. I've thought in the past that Heyman 'bestowing' the title on to someone else is an instant rub in its own right and especially now, coming hot on the heels of Lesnar breaking the streak, and if their current partnership runs its course to its inevitable break up down the line (when ever that is) Lesnar can truly put Cesaro over as the next big thing. Thoughts guys? :heyman

· Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm all for it, but Cesaro needs a better starting feud than with Jack Swagger. I say Cesaro should unify the US and IC titles and go on to face the WWEWHC at some point while holding the unified IC-US title. If he's holding two unified titles, he would be the first man to hold 4 title belts at a time and would give him permanent credibility.

· Banned
8,694 Posts
He needs a slow and steady build so that he can develop an actual character and a fan base that won't move on when he's not in the title picture. Hot and fast pushes do not work in 2014.

Plus, slow and steady is simply better for my entertainment. Which matters more than anything.

· Registered
4,801 Posts
I just love that the guy who really got put over with the breaking of the streak was Paul Heyman. He's going to feed on that like a leviathan for years. He'll be minting stars left and right with the heat he got from that. He instantly legitimized Cesaro and took him out of the midcard(although the feat of strength at WM30 helped) with 4 words('The King of Swing'), while Cesaro had been fairly stagnant with RA.

· B̴l̨e͡edįng͜ Sin ⛧
12,223 Posts
He needs a slow and steady build so that he can develop an actual character and a fan base that won't move on when he's not in the title picture. Hot and fast pushes do not work in 2014.

Plus, slow and steady is simply better for my entertainment. Which matters more than anything.
This should go for everyone tbh.

Rushing someone end up fucking them over in the long run e.g Swagger, Sheamus.

Once you win the title so early in your career there's no where else to go but down.

· Banned
8,694 Posts
This should go for everyone tbh.

Rushing someone end up fucking them over in the long run e.g Swagger, Sheamus.

Once you win the title so early in your career there's no where else to go but down.
It's a compacted problem. It hurts on two levels:

1) when you're rushed to the main event, you're not building the diehard, loyal to the end fans that guys like Cena, Punk, Orton and Bryan built up from being highlighted while toiling through the midcard, all the way up. What you WILL get a lot of are flaky bandwagoners who are enamored with the latest flavor of the month and willing to get behind a new star, but not necessarily caring for the star themselves.

2) So that when it comes time to step back down the card to maybe a high-profile non-title feud, the flakes have flaked away and there was never a hardcore fan base put into place. At least, not a large enough one to sustain overness worthy of someone who should be a main event talent.

And yet the WWE seems to let this happen over and over and over again.

· WeeWoo WeeWoo
22,540 Posts
:lmao Wow, yeah, I don't think Cesaro is anywhere near Lesnar's level and he may never be. You're talking about Cesaro beating the man who broke Taker's streak...no offense to his marks, but he is not worthy of that honor.

· Registered
13 Posts
:lmao Wow, yeah, I don't think Cesaro is anywhere near Lesnar's level and he may never be. You're talking about Cesaro beating the man who broke Taker's streak...no offense to his marks, but he is not worthy of that honor.
For the time being, pretty much no one can be near Lesnar's level. In fact, he'll get heat until the end of his career foir being the streak-breaker.

I can see Cesaro being the Yang to Lesnar's Yin, tho. Both huge, strong guys with different personalities, managed by the same man. Could work.

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is this clown serious? Do you have any idea how pro wrestling works? Cesaro being put with Heyman is to elevate him and the timing of it is completely intentional. All partnerships eventually end and it is more than likely, however long down the road it is, he will face Lesnar. There arn't many legit guys on the card who can benefit from a Lesnar feud, now going into his 3rd year back. Although I don't know why I'm arguing with a butt hurt Swagger fan who has done nothing but bash Cesaro in any given thread. Bottom line we will see Cesaro/Lesnar eventually, it is one of the main reasons he has been put with Heyman.

· Registered
550 Posts
he actually is.
totally. he bodyslammed the big show out of the ring. straight up. big show didn't jump. cesaro just picked him up, turned him and threw him out of the ring. he's a little bit strong. stronger than he looks even.

can he a cut a super long promo? not sure. well, in ROH he has but i don't know if it fits the style right now. however, he can cut an affective one. it's not like brock cuts jaw dropping promos. it's a plus if he gets through a couple minutes without heyman saving the day.

it's a great pairing. the spin is super over with the crowd even if it is gimmicky. can anyone see that happening in a HW title match? guess crazier things have happened.

also, i think rusuv has major potential. like umaga potential. just keep him away from a cena feud too soon. really hard to keep a monster heel role w/ limited mic skills going though.

· Banned
3,897 Posts

If not Cesaro then who is? Bryan? He doesnt need it and to pull it off considering the size difference would be ridicolous. Pretty much nobody looks legit against lesnar unless they bring cain velasquez in but Cesaro the man that can squat and bench 4-500+ pounds, the man with catchwrestling experience, the man that was in the armys,the man that is the most versatile and allaround atlethe,the man that has paid his dues all over the world if not him then who? Roman Reigns? Since everybody likes hyping him up. Reigns hasnt proved shit and isnt better then cesaro in any area.

Cesaro is the best right now without a doubt.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.