Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's safe to say, the WWE has entered a new era. I guess an appropriate name would be; The Youth Movement. After all the talks of the WWE being stale and TNA saying they were going to show a fresh new product on TV, the WWE has actually started pushing younger guys, hard, while TNA just recently brought back ECW for another tribute show and their roster is stacked with old WWE and WCW wrestlers. Let's look at the youth movement;

The Miz - Clearly is receiving a huge push. Won the MITB in a match with several big names. Has been booked into a position the last few weeks which makes him seem to be on the same level as main eventers like Jericho and Edge. The Miz is clearly heading towards a WWE or World Title run within 6 months.

NXT - Was made purely to bring guys from FCW to the WWE and give them a platform to gain experience and perhaps to get over. I think the concept of the show has worked well so far. If someone like Alex Riley would show up on a RAW or SD!, most people in the crowd would know his character and boo him.

Nexus
- Obviously a tremendous storyline, because nobody in a million years expected this to happen. They've managed to make these guys look like a serious threat. They will probably trim the fat eventually (so guys like Young and Otunga leave the stable) and focus more on the individuals which leads me to....

Wade Barrett - The WWE really seems to be behind the guy. He's getting a lot of mic time and has beaten the likes of Henry and Jericho already. At this rate he'll be a certified main eventer in a few months and he has the necessary skills.

Sheamus - He's obviously part of the Youth Movement. They have successfully established him as a solid main eventer. Has "beaten" the likes of Cena, HHH and Orton.

Daniel Bryan
- People will say he will never be pushed to the top because he doesn't have the look etc. Fact is they set the whole Miz/Team WWE storyline up JUST for Daniel Bryan to return at one of the biggest PPV's of the year and he was booked strongly as well. Things are looking bright for Bryan at the moment.

Others
- Also guys like Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne have been involved with the top guys in the last few months, instead of old guys like Hardy and Regal. I can certainly see McIntyre in the main event one day and Swagger has a lot of potential as well.

To be honest, the WWE deserves more credit for giving these guys a shot at the top. The IWC always whines about how the WWE never really pushes a new guy. Well, now they are pushing several new guys, big time. It doesn't matter if you like the wrestlers who are being pushed, fact is the WWE has ushered in a new era; the Youth Movement, and I think it's great.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
the crowd reaction these past couple of weeks have been the best in recent years...esp Orton....I think WWE is getting good again and best yet this is the time where the WWE has always been stale...Very excited to see what happens....looked at what we got right now....

-Orton as a huge bad ass face that the crowd loves
-Taker/Kane fued with Kane as Heavyweight Champion
-An amazing invasion storyline with Nexus, a group of rookies that the WWE has make look incredible strong since their creation(The mainevent at SS was probably the most excited mainevent i have seen in a couple of years)
-Like the OP said....and the youth movement with Miz, Nexus, Sheamus....ect.

Maybe TNA has finally made WWE step up their game.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
They're starting to set themselves up for the future and that is great. For me, this has been the best year for WWE since 2006 and the most important thing for me is I actually like some of the newer guys like Barrett, Sheamus, Miz, Bryan and Riley. They've actually got something about them and I was wondering where that was going to come from a few months ago.

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
Yes it is a new era in the WWE its now the Cena Era but the WWE is doing a good job of pushing the young guys they need to get over but it also a new day in Pro Wrestling because the sport of Pro Wrestling here once again.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
WWE just isn't pushing these guys hard enough. They''re hard to buy. Example look at Swagger. He was just cutting these generic promos week after week.

Miz he jus says "I'm Awesome" and that's it. Ted Dibiase-oh boy him.

I just can't relate to these characters and just can't get into them. 5 years from now I would love to see where WWE will be at.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I have no problem with this as well

As long as WWE keeps its progressive, that is.

Which I fully expect them to

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Well, the PG Era has always focussed on creating newer stars. It began with the rebuilding of Randy Orton in 2007-08. Punk got his first title in 2008. 2009 saw the rise of Sheamus, the Miz and a few others. 2010 has been the year of new stars: 2 NXT seasons, Nexus, Swagger, Miz....

It was caused basically because a lot of older guys has left all of a sudden (Flair, Shawn, JBL, Batista, Jeff....), preexisting top stars have not had injury-free records (Cena in 2007 and 2008, Batista all over, Orton in 2008, Edge in 2007 and 2009, Triple H currently, Taker barely showing up...) and many are closing in on their retirements (Taker, Kane, Jericho, Mysterio...)

They need to keep pumping new talent into the mainstream. (I guess Jeff's departure played a major role in that realization.) Plus I believe WWE realize that they can't really let all that talent go waste; after all, they're not totally blind, are they?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Agreed with Samee,people just can't enjoy the show without bitching,and I specially hate when other people try to ruin (by argumentation,that is) the stuff I love to watch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts