Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted The Rock to come back for a long time, but after his return (I did mark out when he first came back and his music hit) it's just not the same. Maybe if his words didn't feel like they were filled with so much lies. His promos are entertaining as always but I have hard time cheering for him. Promises like he would never leave and how he kept us in his heart felt hollow. LOL and the following week he can't even do a appearance again but instead does a pre-recorded promo. Guy was never in Buffalo and he says finally he has returned to Buffalo. He has stated many times he doesn't want to do a wrestling match again, but entertain in other ways, so basically on the mic. Rocky is owning Cena on the mic but Cena's words are more true. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if Cena could make it in Hollywood he would too. It's just so hard to cheer for him when he says he's the people's champion and when I know he's leaving after Mania again. He's already in a 2012 movie casting called protection.

· Registered
8 Posts
He's talking like he will have some sort of confrontation with Cena at WrestleMania. He can be on camera the whole time and the fans will still watch his segment more than any part of the show. Hopefully is will make more appearances even after WreslteMania and keep his-self involved in the story lines.

· Registered
534 Posts
We all know John Cena stalks the strip clubs.

I feel he is lying by not admitting this in his promos. :rolleyes:

"Mommy, why does superman like naked women?" Mom: *Lifts top off at cena*

· Banned
2,684 Posts
People complain about Rock not returning; he's now returned and already made two appearances. He'll likely be appearing on Raw live once more before Wrestlemania which he'll then be hosting. He's basically giving you a few years worth of appearances in the span of a month and a half yet people still find reason to complain or be disappointed. Either it's because they can't believe his words or they're not happy he's not taking part in a match or because he won't be sticking around longer.

It's exactly what I meant when I said we have so many hypocrites. People want him back just for a promo, claiming they'll be happy with such a small appearance, then it's not enough and he needs to do a match also or stick around for a few months (which would not doubt turn into the desire for year or two knowing some fans). It's just like Austin. He came back to guest referee twice or just to stun someone and people were complaining that he wasn't doing anything useful. But if he didn't return for several years, we'd have people moaning he's not making any appearances at all.

You cannot win. This is evident.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
If amazing, heart-felt promos disappoint you, go watch TNA
Or watch EVERYBODY else on the WWE roster. The Rock is the ONLY person that does heart felt promos in either WWE or TNA.

· Registered
2,887 Posts
I'm not buying it either. The only good thing I've seen come out of Dwayne returning is the effect on Cena. We've seen actual character development from Cena. The whole pg Cena seems to be reverting to a more pg-13 Cena. Will it last? I hope so!

· Registered
797 Posts
I want to believe the Rock, but I have seen interviews where he denounced the WWE and said he would never return. If he love the WWE (The Company) why would he say that. His movies have been ok and he has proven he can act and has tried very hard to make it to the A list and has just not had that role to get him there yet in my opinion. He said he paved the way for other to make it to the big screen, but he was not the first to make and pave that way. I feel that is a big insult to Hogan and others before him. The Rock is the only one who left wrestling to focus 100% on movies.

· Banned
2,684 Posts
I want to believe the Rock, but I have seen interviews where he denounced the WWE and said he would never return. If he love the WWE (The Company) why would he say that. His movies have been ok and he has proven he can act and has tried very hard to make it to the A list and has just not had that role to get him there yet in my opinion. He said he paved the way for other to make it to the big screen, but he was not the first to make and pave that way. I feel that is a big insult to Hogan and others before him. The Rock is the only one who left wrestling to focus 100% on movies.
He denounced the WWE? Do you even know what the word actually means before using it? The Rock has never said anything but positive things about the WWE in any interview when asked. He's always claimed to be open to a return but not wrestling again. That's far from denouncing it.

Also, no superstar before The Rock has successfully made a cross-over into movies like him. That's an undeniable fact.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.