Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did it start? Usually we have 5 threads on how amazing she is every time she twitches but after the car crash of her performance tonight we're unlikely to get them, so I'll do my best to help out and make my own

After being involved in one of the worst segments in living tonight it's time to answer the question where the Myth of her having great mic skills comes from. She's not usually as bad as she was tonight and she's nowhere near the worst on the roster but why do people act like she's ever been good?

She's completely average on the mic she never has anything interesting to say, and has shown no ability to enhance a feud with her mic work. She hasn't good a single good promo in her career and people constantly call her the best ever female mic worker, some of her marks have even said she's the best mic worker male/female in the company.

So the question is, why is such an average mic worker with no memorable promos got so overrated to the point a lot of people regurgitate her being good on the mic as a fact?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I think she is better than most on RAW but she isn't that great on the mic. Then again I never thought Trish was that great on the mic as well.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Her promos generally hit the spot for me she plays the bitchy mean girl really well not just her words but her facial expressions too are on point. But this segment just stunk up the joint.

She isnt the best mic worker in the whole company but out of the women she's the best.

Charlotte just shouts at times n talks like a robot sometimes too.

n rest of the women are average to poor on the mic.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
She's good at acting like a cocky, hot little bitch who all the boys wanna fuck but thats about it. Fact is she's still getting "WHAT" chants every week and while she plays them off well, if she was so great on the mic she wouldn't get them at all. The best mic workers like Jericho, The Rock, Austin never got what chants.
LOL Stone Cold started the WHAT chants.

·
Registered
74 Posts
She's good at acting like a cocky, hot little bitch who all the boys wanna fuck but thats about it. Fact is she's still getting "WHAT" chants every week and while she plays them off well, if she was so great on the mic she wouldn't get them at all. The best mic workers like Jericho, The Rock, Austin never got what chants.
Austin just may have. just a little

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
She's got a great ass... wait were discussing Alexa's talent...?

Hm... Oh!!

She's got a great ass

I'll be fair and say that unless you are superb on the mic, there was no way that segment was gonna work.

Reactions: JafarMustDie

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,134 Posts
Not here to defend her but you would've needed to be a Steve Austin level mic worker to make that horrible material work.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not trying to defend her, but probably the only one who could have pulled that material is the Rock, and making some changes on the fly

That's giving her a little too much credit. The segment was awful, truly awful and not many people could have made it great but there are a lot of people who could have got a lot more out of it

If Bliss was as good on the mic as her marks say (and she's been called the female rock on here) she'd have done better with it. Look at some of the garbage the Miz has had to work with this past year, the best mic workers get the best out of what is usuallly poor WWE writing.

the fact is Bliss is a mediocre mic worker who has given a trash segment to work with and the end result was that garbage.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Well it was definitely a misfire tonight no question, but it will likely serve as an indication of her limits. still 80-90% of the time she nails her material. This was one of those segments that you need people like Foley, Rock, Piper, Dusty to do it. I'm not absolving Alexa of fault, but there was more wrong with it than just her. How the hell did that get cleared to hit TV in 2017.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yes they did. Austin started the 'What' chant.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Surprised nobody has busted out the Alexa "RUDE!" gif.

I like her on the mic. Aside from Charlotte, Stephanie and Lana, she's the only other woman in the WWE who's consistently good on the mic.

·
8,626 Posts
i'm pretty sure it came from her "talking smack" appearances. she showed that she was really good off the cuff, and had no problem staying in character. in comparison, charlotte looks totally out of her element on the show, and not believable. but yea, when it comes to the bright lights, only thing really shining about alexa is her ass.

1 - 20 of 295 Posts