Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most unimpressive debuts the wwe has ever seen , now we aint talking about complete no mark wrestlers but wrestlers that came over on such a hype and ended up as nothing but a whimper . I got three candidates for mine

• DDP - The peoples champion in WCW but nothing more than a bit of fodder to the brothers of destruction when he finally made the jump over from the wcw
  • Scott Steiner - Truly awful debut against triple h at royal rumble and didn't get much better until he finally got released after a forgettable tag team run with test
  • NWO - Came over with huge hype but thanks to nash and his injury prone self , Scott Hall being a loose cannon and Hogans eventual ego coming into play as usual they turned out to be ultra forgettable lolz .

Have I forgotten any fell free to add to the list .

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
DDP had a great idea of peoples champion vs people champion. (The Rock) That would of been awesome. Better than the shit stalker shit they give him.

·
Mick Foley's Bitch
1,051 Posts
Brodus Clay had a bunch of hype for coming in as a big monster guy. Then we got the funk shit

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Raven, could and should have been one the top heels after arriving in 2000 but Vince never gave him a chance to break away from his Hardcore style.

Ultimo Dragon, people talk about Sin Cara's failure but my god, it has nothing on Ultimo's. To be fair it wasn't his fault, he was well into his 30s and Mysterio got way more over than anyone could've imagined.

·
Mick Foley's Bitch
1,051 Posts
Raven, could and should have been one the top heels after arriving in 2000 but Vince never gave him a chance to break away from his Hardcore style.

Ultimo Dragon, people talk about Sin Cara's failure but my god, it has nothing on Ultimo's. To be fair it wasn't his fault, he was well into his 30s and Mysterio got way more over than anyone could've imagined.
Sin Cara just suffered a bad injury and had to get surgery. Who knows what WWE had lined up for him.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Great shout with Raven and Dragon, Dragons run was a huge let down, I would also say Tazz, could of been a decent IC champion.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
The nWo idea should NEVER have been brought in. It was so completely sad, they brought them in in February, Hogan turned face a month later at Mania, and then they tried to recruit former members that no one gave a shit about, like Big Show and X-Pac, to make up for it. Considering how big the nWo were in WCW, the fact that they butchered it so badly in the Fed makes me wonder why they even bothered with it. I'm guessing it was another of Vince's brilliant and juvenile ideas to piss on WCW, and make a few bucks selling nWo t-shirts.

Ric Flair's first venture into the Fed back in 1991 wasn't that great either, mostly because they wasted a ton of potential awesomeness. We did get the 1992 Rumble, which was pretty good. However, everyone wanted to see Flair vs Hogan, as they were the two faces of the company, but what ended up happening was completely strange and dumb. We got a feud with Savage and Flair, while the main event of WM 8 was Hulk Hogan...and Sid Justice (in the top 3 worst WM main events ever). Why? Hogan wanted to give Sid the rub (again, more Hulk Hogan bullshit backstage, what a surprise). They could have done so much more and really just wasted the opportunity by listening to Mr. Ego himself.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Brodus Clay had a bunch of hype for coming in as a big monster guy. Then we got the funk shit
Brodus was a total nobody that they ran a bunch of vignettes for, but nobody was beating down the door for him or expecting greatness- Honestly I think he is more over w/ the funkasaurus gimmick than he ever would have been otherwise. And now that people know him, if he does go monster heel at some point, it might have more of an impact and give him a fighing chance to be something good.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Very good call on Ultimo and Raven.

Tazz was a complete waste as well. After his first month, he was feuding with Bull Buchanan and Bossman, making him just another guy, when he could have been so much more. And the crowd loved him in those first few months. What a shame.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I will also say steamboat's run in WWF was a pretty big bust. He was a big stud in The NWA/WCW, and when he went to WWE, he was a midcarder, because hogan monopolized that top babyface spot. Not saying it was the wrong decision, hogan is hogan and a huge star, but Steamboat's WWF run was definitely weak compared to what he did other places.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Oh, gotta give a shout out to Perry Saturn, as well as Dean Malenko. Benoit and Eddie were on their way to the top, while Malenko and Saturn were just left behind. Shame, too, I loved Saturn and Malenko.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Kizarny. About 5 months of build up and then he had that terrible match with MVP. He was absolutely shit.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You guys have to realize that that not everybody has the "it" factor to be main eventers & even if they're given chance sthey just don't have the thing that puts asses in seats. Do we honestly believe Raven and Tazz could flourish in an era of WWE domminated by rock,austin,foley,jericho,angle,taker,hardy's,dudleys,e&c,etc.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
DDP was a shame. He could have been massively over if he'd been used right, he was absolutely brilliant in WCW. Total waste of talent, and completely misused. I feel sorry for him, really.

Then there's Tazz, Ultimo Dragon snd Raven. Fine, none of those three could have lived up to the WWF's main eventers at the time of their WWF debuts, but they could have done a lot more than they did.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts