Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most unimpressive Debuts and Tenures TNA has ever seen , now we aint talking about complete no mark wrestlers but wrestlers that came over on such a hype and ended up as nothing but a whimper . I got three candidates for mine

• LASHLEY - Ultra Forgettable run I don't remember a thing he ever did ! Could of been a huge star
  • Matt Hardy - The guy needed to get his head together before going over RVD , few weeks later the guy is gone !
  • Hogan - Minus a few feel good moments since his arrival TNA has never looked worse how a non wrestling talent can command such a wage is a real shame

I'm sure I have missed a few out so feel free to chime in

·
Registered
784 Posts
Lashley, Hardy, Goldust.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Lashley.

If you go by Youtube views, him and suicide were the two most popular wrestlers in TNA history.

How the fuck is that possible ?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Booker T - the guy had one feud in his entire tenure with Roode, introduced a title which has never meant anything and just didn't add anything really to the product. The only thing I remember him for was that episode of Impact with him and Nash on commentary

Lashley is another good call though

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
oh yeah,

TNA Booker T & WWE Booker T are like 2 completely different people.

He must have hated his TNA run.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ohh there was a Lashley rightt?

Was his gimmick MMA fighter or something? Remember him feud with Joe. And thats it.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Booker T, for the reasons Phil pointed out above.

Jimmy Rave, for achieving nothing in the tag team or X divisions, despite being a pretty talented wrestler.

Judas Mesias, for looking mediocre in all appearances and not achieving a tenth of what TNA probably had in mind.

Bobby Lashley, for being a big dud who got booed in his matches against heels.

The Band, for being a giant clusterfuck.

Rain, for bascially doing nothing while she was with Robert Roode.

The Nasty Boys, for being fucking terrible.

Sean Morley, for having the fans turn their backs on him, despite being a face, after beating Daniels, and then Jarrett in a bathroom before disappearing.

Murphy, and any other security guard, for contributing practically nothing while still getting a minor push.

Matt Hardy, for being more garbage than usual during his TNA run.

Trytan, for also being so garbage his big monster heel push had to be immediately abandoned.

Alright, that should do it for now. There's probably quite a lot more though.

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
Trytan, great video package and build up. Debut looking like ashy stick figure with no personality. And he is not bad in the ring either. Legit 7 footer

Judas Mesias is a victim of TNA booking. Trying to make him into Undertaker. This guy is a great wrestler. Watch his Triplemania classic against Dr. Wagner, freakin awesome

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Trytan is definitely up there. Biggest hype and just completely fell through. Rosie Lottalove is another. She didn't have the big buildup but she was there for a cup of coffee and she fucking sucked and I hated her.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Trytan is definitely up there. Biggest hype and just completely fell through. Rosie Lottalove is another. She didn't have the big buildup but she was there for a cup of coffee and she fucking sucked and I hated her.
Oh god, I think my mind had blocked her out. What an absolute disaster she was, the only "accomplishment" she had was nearly killing poor Daffney...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The Band was awesome. but thats just my undying preference for WCW shining through.
In principle creating The Band wasn't a bad idea, but the storyline where Nash, Hall, Waltman and Eric Young all turned on each other, in various combinations, multiple times made my head spin. It was such a mess.

While I'm here we can add Randy Savage, who despite being one of the greatest of all time had a horrible run in TNA. Kidnapped, run-in for a roll-up victory in a 6-man tag, never seen again. Not exactly inspired stuff.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
The Band was awesome. but thats just my undying preference for WCW shining through.
I'm a wcw fan but let's face it. The Band was a revival done in the wrong place at a very wrong time. Waltman and Hall weren't in any condition to be on TV and Nash was in his "drink and tweet" period, so it was awful to see them back together.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts