Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read the latest blog by Jim Ross and he mentioned underrated stables in which he chose the one that i probably would have as well in The Dangerous Alliance which was around in the very early 90's in WCW which was managed by Paul Heyman who was known as Paul E Dangerously and had Rick Rude, Stunning Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Larry Zbysko, Bobby Eaton and Madusa. They had a great feud with Sting primarily but also Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat and Barry Windham who were the top faces in WCW at this time and which culminated more or less at WrestleWar in 1992 in a great Wargames match.

Another stable i alway found to be a great one which was very underrated was Team Canada in TNA before the company turned into WWE lite and became overrun by ex WWE wrestlers. I loved Scott D'Amore as a heel manager and he drew great heat whilst i could see the talent in Bobby Roode even back then and always refered to him back then as reminding me of a cross between Curt Hennig and Triple H. Petey Williams was a great X Division wrestler and his finisher was absolutely awesome to watch whilst Eric Young was a good enough comedic wrestler although i didn't think anything of A1.

Although it may not be considered as a stable i loved the three different kind of stables Ric Flair was involved with in his first WWE run with first Curt Hennig and Bobby Heenan, then Curt Hennig, Razor Ramon and Bobby Heenan and then finally with just Razor Ramon and Bobby Heenan. Outside of his first NWA/WCW run i don't think Ric Flair was ever as great as he was in that first WWE run and there have been very few people who have had a better single year in WWE than Ric Flair did in between latter 1991 and latter 1992 when he was on fire in the ring against Randy Savage, Bret Hart and Rowdy Roddy Piper and also on the mic as well.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
The Dangerous Alliance was the first stable that came into mind when I read the title of this thread. You had raw talent in a young and vibrant Austin, experienced talent in Anderson & Eaton, a very aging Zybysko, and a very potential top heel in Rude. Heyman was the great mouthpiece and Madusa added a very feminist yet aggressive edge to the stable. A shame how the relationship of Heyman and WCW came about, which birthed ECW, but I think this could have been a great stable that had legs enough to feud with the Hogans and Savages once 1994 rolled along.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Probably the Wolfpack or the Nation. People always talk about the Wolfpack like they were a failed version of the nWo when in fact they were a huge success including in the ratings war when they kept Nitro in the game along with Goldberg, and I'm sure people remember when half of the building was all red and black(Not to mention, one of the best themes in wrestling history). They also had the "cool and young" stable factor in WCW maybe even more than DX.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Probably the Wolfpack or the Nation. People always talk about the Wolfpack like they were a failed version of the nWo when in fact they were a huge success including in the ratings war when they kept Nitro in the game along with Goldberg, and I'm sure people remember when half of the building was all red and black(Not to mention, one of the best themes in wrestling history). They also had the "cool and young" stable factor in WCW maybe even more than DX.
This! Wolfpac was the shit!

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Nah, Evolution just had backstage politics. HHH was injured most of the time and not performing to his abilities while Botchtista and Orton were still green. Flair was just awesome though.

I'd go with Rated RKO and the Radicals.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
The Four Horsemen is the GSOAT but that's for another topic. Evolution is a top 3 stable, though.

How are the Nation underrated when it's highly regarded as introducing Mark Henry, making Rock on his way to superstardom, and gave Farooq a relevant role ever since hiw WHC win in 1993 before APA. Wolfpac didn't last long enough for it to be really seen as greatly rated. I think they are fine with the praise and criticism they get.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I think people are confusing underrated with greatest/best.

Revolution with Shane Douglas, Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko, and Chris Benoit is another stable from WCW that could have had legs and promise had WCW not been so shitty on and off the ring.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
La Familia.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think people are confusing underrated with greatest/best.

Revolution with Shane Douglas, Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko, and Chris Benoit is another stable from WCW that could have had legs and promise had WCW not been so shitty on and off the ring.
There is no doubt that The Revolution had the potential to be a great stable as they had it all in mic skills with Shane Douglas, unreal in ring ability with Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko, a great look with Perry Saturn and youth on their side but unfortunately they were around at a time when WCW was already effectively finished. Thinking about The Revolution also made me think of Triple Threat in ECW which was Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko and Shane Douglas originally but later a mixture of Shane Douglas, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Lance Storm and Brian Lee as well as a different version with Taz, Sabu and Rob Van Dam.

·
Banned
852 Posts
LWO and Revolution, for me.

I'm a big fan of Zbyszko, so Dangerous Alliance is up there too.

Reactions: VAN DAMINATOR
1 - 20 of 107 Posts