Wrestling Forum banner

The most underrated finishers

5356 Views 21 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Rated R Superstar
Everyone remembers the Stunner,Tombstone,Pedigree.However,there were/are many great finishers that are unfortunately forgotten.Name the ones you consider the most underrated,past or present.These are some of my picks.

William Regal's Regalplex

Paul Burchill's C4

Mick Foley's Stump Puller Piledriver

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,684 Posts
Reactions: Hiplop

· Banned
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
1,733 Posts
The Regal one kinda sucks man. It's just a cradle thats a slam, not that sweet, prob why we never see it.

I always enjoyed the Alabama Slam, looks like it hurts.

· Registered
1,065 Posts
I've always loved the Reverse Jumping Complete Shot (paydirt/play of the day), but now it is overused

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Most of these posts are on past finishers so I'll try some current ones. I think the futureshock DDT is underrated quite a lot. It's a very innovative move and I have heard nobody blasting it for simply being a DDT variation. Says a lot about how good the move truly is.
Crossrhodes too, but I think that's more because since Cody has been using it, it has been built up very well. Don't think anybody has actually kicked out of it yet (without interruption that is). It's a good move though nonetheless and whether this is due to how it's sold, it always looks like it hurts. That helps make it very credible imo.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Most of these posts are on past finishers so I'll try some current ones. I think the futureshock DDT is underrated quite a lot. It's a very innovative move and I have heard nobody blasting it for simply being a DDT variation. Says a lot about how good the move truly is.
What's innovative about the Futureshock? Mick Foley was using it 15 years ago. Stevie Richards used it in WWE after Foley retired as well. Drew does it well but it aint innovative and this isn't the first time someone's said this, not by a long shot.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
Crossrhodes too, but I think that's more because since Cody has been using it, it has been built up very well. Don't think anybody has actually kicked out of it yet (without interruption that is). It's a good move though nonetheless and whether this is due to how it's sold, it always looks like it hurts. That helps make it very credible imo.
i absolutely love the Future Shock DDT

in essence it is just a double arm hooked ddt but he makes it his own big time and it feels like a finisher

· Registered
6,114 Posts
What's innovative about the Futureshock? Mick Foley was using it 15 years ago. Stevie Richards used it in WWE after Foley retired as well. Drew does it well but it aint innovative and this isn't the first time someone's said this, not by a long shot.
I'll rephrase. What Mcintyre does is he adds something of his own to it. Firstly, he kicks out. Not uncommon but I don't believe either Stevie Richards or Foley ever did that. Also, the way the opponent lands in between Mcintyre's legs. That's a very innovative feature Drew has added to the move. The move itself is a DDT variation, like I said, but it's what Drew adds to it that makes it innovative in my opinion.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
i hate the futureshock... just seems overly gay. a normal double arm ddt looks better. ddts are over used right now anyway.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
i hate the futureshock... just seems overly gay. a normal double arm ddt looks better. ddts are over used right now anyway.
no it does'nt lol WTF

regular double arm ddt has no pop or impact but drew's has lots of impact and looks brutal

he snaps his leg back and wraps his legs around opponents waist as he goes down with them

it is a great finisher

yeah so similair lol

foley

Drew

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.