Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there have been alot of stupid things going on on smackdown. smackdown has been decent lately, but i just can not wrap my head around the fact that kaval cashed in his title opportunity and loss. what was the purpose of that, he waisted the opportunity. if he was gone cash in and lose anyway, he might as well have cashed in for the heavyweight title. maybe they are building for a feud between the two with kaval eventually taking the title. but he went through nxt to get the title shot to not use in against the heavyweight champion to lose to the intercontinental champ. i just cant understand the thinking behind that.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
Maybe character wise, Kaval, didn't think he had the experience to become World Heavyweight Champion yet. He wanted to cease another opportunity and go for the Intercontinental Championship, because he believed he could beat Dolph Ziggler, as he did on Smackdown.

Think of it this way, if you were given the chance to fight and knockout a midget for a Million Pounds/Dollars or for a Billion Pounds/Dollars fight and knockout an undefeated MMA fighter and knock him out. Which would you pick?

Sure a Billion sounds much more nicer than a Million, but why take the risk if you know you couldn't win?

Besides it shows that the Intercontinental Championship is important to Kaval. Giving the title meaning again is the right way to go.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Maybe character wise, Kaval, didn't think he had the experience to become World Heavyweight Champion yet. He wanted to cease another opportunity and go for the Intercontinental Championship, because he believed he could beat Dolph Ziggler, as he did on Smackdown.

Think of it this way, if you were given the chance to fight and knockout a midget for a Million Pounds/Dollars or for a Billion Pounds/Dollars fight and knockout an undefeated MMA fighter and knock him out. Which would you pick?

Sure a Billion sounds much more nicer than a Million, but why take the risk if you know you couldn't win?

Besides it shows that the Intercontinental Championship is important to Kaval. Giving the title meaning again is the right way to go.
And do you think that Kaval decided that dude? If it was it for him he would surely go after the WHC, but let me remind you that WWE have a staff of bookers that decide when a match will happen and the outcome of this one, and bookers didn't feel that Kaval was ready for the World Heavyweight Championship, it's kinda obvious don't you think?

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
And do you think that Kaval decided that dude? If it was it for him he would surely go after the WHC, but let me remind you that WWE have a staff of bookers that decide when a match will happen and the outcome of this one, and bookers didn't feel that Kaval was ready for the World Heavyweight Championship, it's kinda obvious don't you think?
I said "character wise".

Kind of obvious don't you think?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm sure Kaval will get IC title soon. As far as him going into WH Title Scene... really?

Stupid thing on Smackdown (in the whole WWE too) is disbanding almost all tag teams. Croft, Gaspard, Archer released. I wonder what they're gonna do with Barreta, JTG and Hawkins.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
If i were Kaval, i certainly wouldn't cash in my title shot on someone who has supernatural power, took Taker to the limit and buried him alive.

To answer the thread title: Kane's title reign.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Big Show winning every match despite not being involved in any program.
LOL, this. I'm getting so sick of that fat fuck, and I actually kinda like him a little. :$

I know he's a "giant", so it makes sense to book him to be unstoppable, but Khali's physical build is way better than Big Show and they've turned him into a jobber, so there's no excuse why he shouldn't be an ordinary midcarder. There's no reason at all why he has to pointlessly destroy everyone on the roster, and it really is POINTLESS.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
^^ Agreed, even the like him bit, I could understand it if they were pushing him to the mainevent, and yeah he's a big dude, but fuck have him lose to a lucky roll up, they've had big guys like Kane lose before.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,800 Posts
Edge's completely unfounded hate for Paul Bearer/Kane. It came out of nowhere right after Buried Alive. Poor booking, no build towards such despise.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
LOL, this. I'm getting so sick of that fat fuck, and I actually kinda like him a little. :$

I know he's a "giant", so it makes sense to book him to be unstoppable, but Khali's physical build is way better than Big Show and they've turned him into a jobber, so there's no excuse why he shouldn't be an ordinary midcarder. There's no reason at all why he has to pointlessly destroy everyone on the roster, and it really is POINTLESS.
yeah, I actually kinda like, or maybe even liked now, him a little but him just destroying every one is stupid. I thought CM Punk would get a little momentum back after Rey with his feud with Big Show... BUT IT WAS EVEN FUCKING WORSE. He completely fucked the SES and raped them like cheap hookers.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Kaval's title shot wasn't like a MITB shot, so how could he have known beforehand he would have lost? Your logic doesn't make sense. Plus, kayfabe wise, he was right in picking the IC Title to go after because he was "the better man" in his match against Ziggler. Ziggler had to cheat to win etc. They will obviously have a rematch.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Probably this. But again, ''if you don't want to be a world champion, you have no business here.''

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
Probably this. But again, ''if you don't want to be a world champion, you have no business here.''
That is true. I mean the fact Kaval announced his challenge less than a week from Survivor Series.

And the same with Ted Dibiase getting a random title shot from just attacking Daniel Bryan.

Generally people want to see more than just World Title matches.

·
"MINUS FIVE STARS"
1,858 Posts
Michael Cole.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Cole-Miner, but I don't think he belongs. I never had a problem with Grisham/Striker.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Ziggler cheated to win so now we have a feud. Kaval, having only won one match since NXT clearly wasn't going to go for the WHC and this helps elevate the IC title.

I said "character wise".

Kind of obvious you don't think
FIXED :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
So many things wrong with Smackdown right now. I really am only following it for Del Rio. Anything Kane for me has been terrible ever since they unmasked him. The Edge hate for him is pointless. But for me the worst thing on Smackdown is the invincible Big Show. I like Big Show. He's fun to watch in certain situations but it's getting to be a joke at how unstoppable he is.

Hopefully that ends this week and he losses to Del Rio.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Edge's completely unfounded hate for Paul Bearer/Kane. It came out of nowhere right after Buried Alive. Poor booking, no build towards such despise.
Nah. He saw Bearer was Kane's weakness, so he abducted him to gain a psychological adge. Edge just happens to be a lunatic, it has nothing to do with hate.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

I would have preferred him to put over CM Punk but it looks like they are going to have him put over ADR. It really isn't his choice. He wants to put over younger guys but the bookers/writers don't want him to, or maybe Vince doesn't.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts