Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like almost every thread on WF this word will be used.
Buried - As soon as someone loses a match it seems like someone dubs them automatically "buried." Ex. The Nexus being buried once Bryan was out of the group. Ex. Evan Bourne losing to Chris Jericho after beating him 2 times in a row.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
I knew this was the word when I read the title.

I'll agree that the word is overused, hell I use it all the time, but here's some advice: don't take the word so literally. Yes, the technical definition isn't the same as what we use it for, but that doesn't matter. It's just a slang for a bad booking decision (or a good one if the wrestler sucks).

For example, I could say the Nexus got buried, and I don't mean that the group is fucked, but it's obvious that WWE just cost them a LOT of momentum.

I could also say Taker got buried, and of course, literally burying the Undertaker by the technical definition is impossible, but last night, he looked like utter crap.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I could already figure it out when I read the title and I totally agree. It's so overused. No, if Zack Ryder gets destroyed by Randy Orton he isn't getting buried. He's doing the job. And as for the Summerslam match this was probably in reference to the only person I feel got a raw deal was Gabriel. I don't think he was buried though.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
A word that I think is actually quite overused by the IWC would be overrated. Basically, if anything in Wrestling is great, it's like it just has to be considered overrated by someone at some point.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
a word thats not thrown around but is always there is the word "THINK"

everyone in the iwc think they know everything about wrestling and is completely wrong

they think they know what buried means yet they are wrong wen they use it in a certain context

wwe does everything for a reason, what we think is buried is absolutely different from what they are doing

we care they dont

we think 2 much

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
It seems like almost every thread on WF this word will be used.
Buried - As soon as someone loses a match it seems like someone dubs them automatically "buried." Ex. The Nexus being buried once Bryan was out of the group. Ex. Evan Bourne losing to Chris Jericho after beating him 2 times in a row.
Id say deserves or deserved is used alot too.
A word that I think is actually quite overused by the IWC would be overrated. Basically, if anything in Wrestling is great, it's like it just has to be considered overrated by someone at some point.

Funnily enough; the words buried, overrated, deserves/deserved have been used on Christian quite a lot this year.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I'd also put predictable up there because some people complain how predictable storylines have been.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts