Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the WWE is.....Sting.

Shows how trash their current group of faces are. Cena, reigns, ryback, bryan and ziggler are on every week and nobody gives a shit about them apart from a small section of fan boys.

Sting is universally over and he is never even on. Its because he has natural charisma and showmanship which you can't learn.

He is a top baby face of a company. So was Austin. So was Hogan. So was Rock. None of the current crop are even close to that talent level.

Sad really....Sting is 55 and more over than all these guys who should in at their peak.

·
BRRRRRRRRAWK LESNAR!
2,520 Posts
He's a legend of the industry and it's his first match in the WWE... of course he's going to be over and get great crowd reactions.

Doesn't mean he's the top baby face of the company though.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
It's a one-shot overness. If he were there every week, he'd be getting mediocre reactions because after a while, the fans realize what they're looking at is an over the hill guy who hasn't been relevant in 15 years.

But hey, it's nice to see the crowd come alive for SOMETHING. Because they have been dead all fucking Mania season, not that I blame them.

·
Registered
607 Posts
in the WWE is.....Sting.

Shows how trash their current group of faces are. Cena, reigns, ryback, bryan and ziggler are on every week and nobody gives a shit about them apart from a small section of fan boys.

Sting is universally over and he is never even on. Its because he has natural charisma and showmanship which you can't learn.

He is a top baby face of a company. So was Austin. So was Hogan. So was Rock. None of the current crop are even close to that talent level.

Sad really....Sting is 55 and more over than all these guys who should in at their peak.
:westbrook5

·
Registered
274 Posts
LOL Sting is not more over than Daniel Bryan and even John Cena for all the mixed reactions he gets.

And wait until The Undertaker comes back and he will blow Sting right out of the water.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
His natural charisma is unbelievable. He can just come out and make a dramatic facial expression and the crowd will go nuts.

·
HEADBANGA
25,269 Posts
One hot segment doesn't equate to most over guy in the company. Plus how can you maintain an overness when you're constantly being booked like shit and only given a ceiling for you to reach. They purposely lowered the bar for everyone like Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, Ryback, etc. to make Roman look STRONG. fpalm

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One hot segment doesn't equate to most over guy in the company. Plus how can you maintain an overness when you're constantly being booked like shit and only given a ceiling for you to reach. They purposely lowered the bar for everyone like Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, Ryback, etc. to make Roman look STRONG. fpalm
Interesting you think Roman was booked well with the whole Vince written corny promos. They fucked up Reigns way more than they fucked up Bryan or Ziggler.

Regardless, none of that really matters. Sting has the natural charisma these guys could only dream of getting. One look and the crowd are in his hands. The dude is just amazing.

·
HEADBANGA
25,269 Posts
Interesting you think Roman was booked well with the whole Vince written corny promos. They fucked up Reigns way more than they fucked up Bryan or Ziggler.

Regardless, none of that really matters. Sting has the natural charisma these guys could only dream of getting. One look and the crowd are in his hands. The dude is just amazing.
Where did I say Roman was booked well? He's the most poorly booked guy that has ever received a main event push! What I'm saying is that how can anyone be over when they're being booked like shit? Sting is a legend and will get his complimentary pop. He's gonna get huge reactions because he is an rare appearance. If he's there every week then the reactions will die down. Just watch a random episode of TNA with Sting on it if you don't believe me.

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
He is very over, yes. Very very.

Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler and moreso though. Ryback has his moments too. Reigns and Cena get cheered by the same crowds, coincidence?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think he's the most over, but there's no denying he can command a crowd. Dude got on the mic and everyone was listening. I know I was hype.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
how do you measure overness exactly...based on his second ever appearance on raw side by side orton in a cool closing segment

imagine that was punk last night that appeared out of thin air, the fucking roof would have blown off the building and the internet would have gone into meltdown

remove cena completely and replace him with sting on tv every week and do you honestly think in 2015 sting sells more more merch and more tickets at live events, has more social media followers and more people asking him to the make a wish stuff...if you do think that then you are delusional

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
It's hard to tell. Yeah he got a huge reaction yesterday and will get another one at WM, but he is a part timer, that helps him to remain fresh and not getting stale. Probably him, Taker and Brock will get the biggest reactions at Mania because of that. If you talk full timers I would say the top 5 now is:

Bryan
Mizdow
Ziggler
Ambrose
Cena

At least that's what I think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts