Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not saying it's not good to have one champion, but in the current WWE state of affairs and PPV lineup - it creates an absurd situation come the royal rumble.

Nothing is supposed to be better than to be able to compete for the WWE championship.
But now, it is better to do everything in your power to win in the royal rumble then to be champion during the royal rumble.
It is better to participate solely in the royal rumble then to challenge the champion in the same PPV... it is absurd.

Why?
because now, in the Elimination Chamber PPV, the ONLY option is to have an elimination chamber match for the championship. It can't be for the number one contender in WM, and it won't be for lesser titles, and it's pretty stupid to have a PPV match for the number one contender for a match on RAW on free TV...
This means that if you win the Royal Rumble - you'r definitly in the main event of WM, where you get a chance to win the championship in the grandest stage of them all. If you're the champion - you definitely need to go through a 1-in-6 match before you can headline wrestlemania, and the royal rumble winner does not.

But it doesn't end there - when looking at WWE storylines from the outside, in all likelihood - the elimination chamber match will be more predictable as it always was when it was for the championship a moment before WM, because the identity of the challenger in WM is known. It also creates much elimination chamber matches where the champion retains and that's absurd.

Elimination chamber matches are supposed to be on occasion when there are many deserving challengers, and cannot be forced like they do EVERY year... (and the same for TLC and HIAC matches)

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I have a feeling they won't actually unify the titles at TLC. It will most likely be some wash of a finish so they can keep doing Elimination Chamber like they have been. Or elevate the IC title back to what it once was granted it will take some time to do so

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Who said you need to do a chamber match only for the WWE title. You can now entertain US and IC title matches and number 1 contender matches for those titles. By reducing down to one major title it elevates the others as they will now get more established names competing and will now be focal points for matches like EC. I do agree TLC, HIAC should be only special occasions and not a yearly offering as it was designed to be finishing matches for heated feuds, chamber on the other hand I'm cool with yearly.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WWE has been predictable since 2005.
Wat r u rumbling bout?
Because it's too apparent a symptom...
And if I had my way I would have the crowd chant "Boring" in almost every predictably annoying bit the WWE is showing (ehm ehm Cena ehm ehm).

I know they appeal to kids and so they are lazy writers because kids don't care about predictability - but I still have hope that one day something will change.
I do think the crowd can change that. I think the "Daniel Brian" chants on last RAW went a long way in proving a point, and only had they chanted "Boring" to BOTH Orton and Cena, without stopping, they would've made a much bigger point.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a feeling they won't actually unify the titles at TLC. It will most likely be some wash of a finish so they can keep doing Elimination Chamber like they have been. Or elevate the IC title back to what it once was granted it will take some time to do so
I don't think so... they used the word "guarantee" too much...

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
It's one of the best things they've ever done is this ... by far!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who said you need to do a chamber match only for the WWE title. You can now entertain US and IC title matches and number 1 contender matches for those titles. By reducing down to one major title it elevates the others as they will now get more established names competing and will now be focal points for matches like EC. I do agree TLC, HIAC should be only special occasions and not a yearly offering as it was designed to be finishing matches for heated feuds, chamber on the other hand I'm cool with yearly.
I doubt that in a PPV named "Elimination Chamber" the main event of that PPV won't be an Elimination Chamber match, and while I hope the IC title will be elevated, I have little faith in it main eventing...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's one of the best things they've ever done is this ... by far!
Possibly, but it causes the Elimination Chamber PPV to be ridiculous in its current time of year.
I don't think they should have 2 titles - I think they have to boot out the "Match-specific" PPVs because it's forcing stupid storylines.
EC should be when there are numerous deserving contenders (shouldn't be often), HIAC should finish a great rivalry, and TLC should be reserved to high flyers extreme wrestlers.

·
Registered
21,667 Posts
You're looking way too far into it. It's (kayfabe) best to just be THE man and to be able to beat anyone and to pick up the title whenever you can and hold it for as long as possible.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,714 Posts
Elimination Chamber PPV won't have a Title match inside the structure.

Instead, it'll be The Shield vs The Wyatts in a 6-man tag inside the Chamber. First time it's been done. In the match we finally see the implosion of the Shield, and boom, we get a triple threat match for Mania 30.

Watch. It'll happen.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
The PPV in between the Rumble & Wrestlemania should be a situation where you tease the Main Event of Wrestlemania while also including guys who are in the Main Event scene as well or are also gonna be facing each other at Wrestlemania. For example, if Cena vs Orton is the Main Event at Wrestlemania for the WWE title, but you also have Punk vs Bryan scheduled as well, then schedule a match like

Cena & Bryan

Vs

Orton & Punk

as the main event. It's really not that hard to do, scrap the whole Elimination Chamber idea, bring that match out when the storyline calls for it. The Royal Rumble winner is in the Main Event at Wrestlemania going for the World title, you spend the rest of the time in between the Rumble & Wrestlemania building that match, having the guys go at it in small little tit for tat moments. It's not that hard, everybody knows this - WWE needs to hire a booker & stop relying on this "creative" staff BS, these people are clueless.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Possibly, but it causes the Elimination Chamber PPV to be ridiculous in its current time of year.
I don't think they should have 2 titles - I think they have to boot out the "Match-specific" PPVs because it's forcing stupid storylines.
EC should be when there are numerous deserving contenders (shouldn't be often), HIAC should finish a great rivalry, and TLC should be reserved to high flyers extreme wrestlers.
Agree with this.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

Instead, it'll be The Shield vs The Wyatts in a 6-man tag inside the Chamber. First time it's been done. In the match we finally see the implosion of the Shield, and boom, we get a triple threat match for Mania 30.

Watch. It'll happen.
This Please :mark::mark::mark:

Start at Royal Rumble, segment with all 6 in the ring, numerous people in ring...lots of eliminations leaving Harper and Reigns, clock counts down and Wyatt enters, then Rollins, then Rowan, then Ambrose comes. They battle for a bit then have Reigns start to tip Wyatt over and Ambrose comes out and tips then both out. Hints at the cracks showing in the Shield. Then the chamber match, where Wyatts win and the shield turn on each other

·
Registered
177 Posts

Watch. It'll happen.

This probably is true. We have had this match type in every WWE game since Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, but has never been utilized in real life. This is the perfect opportunity. You're a fucking genius. Creative should hire your ass.

Reactions: HankHill_85

·
Registered
324 Posts
This. So much this.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts