Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread in the Smackdown section gave me the idea to post this thread. The OP there complains about the amount if times Kane has been beaten by Big Show, and when others commented on how many times it's happened, it made me think.

What one match up between the two same wrestlers has been booked most frequently on WWE television? Possible contenders could include those suggested in the other thread,

Big Show/Kane
Kofi/Ziggler

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Orton vs Barrett. It's been going on for like three years, allthough I am sure Kofi vs Ziggler takes the prize.

Reactions: Agmaster

·
Zombo
8,767 Posts
If we don't include specifics as to wrestlers, the most frequently booked match-type on TV is a TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYAS!

At least one per week in the SmackDown main event, plus whatever else goes. HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Orton vs Barrett takes the cake.

Feud in 2010 (Nexus WWE Title) At least 3 matches.

Feud in 2011 (Barrett Barrage)
(Random matches too)

Feud in early 2012
(Random matches too)

Random matches in 2013.

WM 29 - Randy Orton vs Wade Barrett ONE LAST TIME

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
Has to be Orton/Barrett. Although Sheamus/Ziggler met A LOT in 2012.

Ryder also got fed to Del Rio a lot whenever ADR would lose a big Title match at a PPV the night before. It was always like WWE was saying "You're not ready for the belt yet, but here's a jobber to make you still look like a threat."

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
It can't really be Orton/Barrett or Kofi/Ziggler considering guys like Show and Kane have been around much longer. So Kane/Show might really be the most booked match. Ziggler/Sheamus has been done a lot too. Punk/Mysterio was booked loads at one point. Hardy Boyz/Dudley Boyz.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
Yeah, but Kane and Show were around when the talent pool was really deep at one time, so they were more spread out and likely haven't faced off as many times as one may think.

I basically remember them facing off at the 1999 KOTR and then Fully Loaded the next month. I'll always remember that chairshot Kane gave Show at KOTR. Looked like he killed him.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
anyone forgot drew macintyre vs matt hardy?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Kofi v Ziggler tried to go for that in 2009-2011

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
Ziggler/Kofi recently.

Orton/Barrett has to be right up there. These guys always seem to wrestle each other AT LEAST once a month for the past two years or so. It's even more frequent nowadays.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts