Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you all watched the Smackdown chamber match you would say REY MYSTERIO put on a strong showing and seemed most dominant but who agrees that Kane was too strongly booked in this match?

The fact that Kane eliminated Big Show and Drew mere seconds later was a shock seeing as how you would think Kane would be gone early.

Plus after edge pinned Kane, Kane came back and chokeslamed rey and edge.

· Registered
57 Posts
Considering how much time they left at the end for Edge and Rey 1-on-1 they could have certainly left McIntyre and Show in there longer. Kane just chokeslammed the shit out of everybody though, and it sort of made the ending drag, IMO.

They should have put Christian in as the sixth man instead of Show anyway, if they wanted him to have a bigger comeback reveal.

· Registered
317 Posts
In fairness Kane did come off a decent WHC title reign last year. I think the way he was booked was fine. Personally I would have had Barrett eliminate Mysterio to continue their feud. Wade could have done well with a stronger booking in the lead up to Wrestlemania (especially if he is still being mooted as an opponent for Taker) whereas Mysterio would have been fine with just a decent showing.

I was impressed with what Drew McIntyre did during his time in the chamber and I guess Big Show was just there to make up numbers and continue his heat with The Corre. The way Christian entered was just fine - his story going forward involves retribution on Del Rio, not the other participants in the Smackdown EC match.

Finally from an objective standpoint you have to say that Edge was booked as the most dominant having started the match and outlasted all other competitors to win. But that in itself is no surprise as he was widely expected to retain the WHC so he can face Del Rio at Wrestlemania.

· Registered
19 Posts
Wade could have done well with a stronger booking in the lead up to Wrestlemania (especially if he is still being mooted as an opponent for Taker) whereas Mysterio would have been fine with just a decent showing..
he could have, but at least edge vs mysterio kept people guessing. If Barrett had gotten to the end it would have been (more) obvious edge was going to win.

· Premium Member
13,860 Posts
Kane looked like a serious threat in this match, as he should do. It was his best showing in a Chamber match ever, and it showed that he doesn't have to win to be seen as a threat.

On a side note, I'm sick to death of Mysterio and his stupid underdog routine.

· Registered
308 Posts
Kane looked like a serious threat in this match, as he should do. It was his best showing in a Chamber match ever, and it showed that he doesn't have to win to be seen as a threat.
Agreed... Kane looked pretty strong in this one and judging from previous Elimination Chamber matches that he's been in, this probably was his strongest showing. I think he managed to chokeslam everyone but Wade Barrett.

· Registered
2,676 Posts
I was more surprised at how much ass Drew McIntyre kicked than anything else. The Smackdown EC was one of the best I've seen. Almost everyone came out of that match looking strong. I wouldn't say Rey was dominant at all, though. He was, however, the most resilient. He took the biggest beating of the night before finally being pinned. Only disappointment was Wade Barrett. I felt like, even though he lasted plenty long, he didn't really have any great moments and never looked particularly strong.

· Registered
2,834 Posts
Rey Mysterio bores the fucking tits off of me. I dislike him and his underdog thing altogether. When he kicked out of the first spear I was just like ":rolleyes:". I had no problem with Kane eliminating people though, he's supposed to look like a threat. It's realistic, unlike Mysterio.

McIntrye played his role well in the match, in my opinion. I really enjoyed his time in the chamber. The lack of Kelly Kelly in his life has made him go psycho! :p He was a mad man for the majority of that match, kicking ass and taking names. It was cool to watch.

· THATS THE WALL BROTHER
35,519 Posts
Rey annoys the shit out of me too.

I'm not a big McIntyre fan, but he did well today, and played his part well. That sort of "aggression" against worthy opponents can make him go far.

· Registered
1,850 Posts
Rey annoys the shit out of me too.

I'm not a big McIntyre fan, but he did well today, and played his part well. That sort of "aggression" against worthy opponents can make him go far.

i don't normally like mcintyre either, but i will admit him going psyhco was kinda awesome, and the mini turn on wade threw me.
best match performance i have seen from drew.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.