Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
I feel like I hear that every year but it REALLY applies to this year. Just complete apathy to the current product when this is supposed to be the hottest time of year for it.
Last year in comparison was a millon times better.

Bryan/Authority/WWE title angle was hot
Cena/Wyatt was hot
Shield were kicking around and as good as ever and had just come out of a feud with the Wyatts
Cesaro was getting really over and he ended up winning the Andre battle royal
Taker was actually there to confront Brock.

This year:

Main event is cold as ice. Reigns has reactions comparable to Erick Rowan and i am not exaggerating.

Taker and Sting are not appearing til Mania itself so the build for their matches are very underwhelming.

IC title match that features three of the most over babyfaces on the roster is being booked like a comedy looney tunes match.

Andre battle royal is a total jobberfest this year and no one can have any faith that the winner of this will recieve a decent push given what happened to Cesaro.

Cena/Rusev is all just leading to them raising the American flag and conquering the ''evil'' Russian. It's not the most riveting story and Cena is coming across like an asshole :lol

The ONLY positive on this RTWM was Orton's and Rollins performance last night.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,487 Posts
Last night would have been a bad RAW by mid-November slump standards, never mind 3 weeks away from WrestleMania. Yeah, this RTWM is pretty terrible.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
many good points in this thread, but the bottom line is we'll all be watching WrestleMania and that's all Vince cares about :vince$

seriously though, it's been one of the worst RTWM's I've ever seen.

outside of Rollins/Orton, I have zero interest in any match other than the ladder match since just about every ladder match is good.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
They don't even trust Reigns and Lesnar together on Live TV. This is the supposed new face of the company and they want to keep him as far away from the Mic and Commentary as possible? So the last 2 months has just been Heyman talking and despite Heyman being the GOAT on the mic, it's still ain't going to cut it in the main event at Wrestlemania

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I for one am glad that all these guys have been thrown together for that ladder match. It will probably end up being the best match of the night, and I can't wait to see all of them together in it.... Though, I'm a sucker for ladder matches, so.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
They don't even trust Reigns and Lesnar together on Live TV. This is the supposed new face of the company and they want to keep him as far away from the Mic and Commentary as possible? So the last 2 months has just been Heyman talking and despite Heyman being the GOAT on the mic, it's still ain't going to cut it in the main event at Wrestlemania
Hasn't Lesnar been on TV like twice since RR? One of which being the confrontation between the two on that special edition of Raw. They've also put Reigns in the ring on the mic with Heyman, so if they "didn't trust him" as you people always say, why would they put him in there with the best mic worker in WWE? Oh, I guess being on the mic with Lesnar is a more daunting task than being on it with Heyman :eyeroll

People, get a grip, it's one thing to dislike Reigns, it's another to go to Cena-levels-of-hate of finding reasons to blame him for random stuff.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Doesn't feel like wm season. This feels like a summerslam build.

Bryan in the main event wouldn't have changed how shitty this RTWM is period.

This RTWM I feel was shitty to begin with. Makes me feel they are just phoning it in this year to instead put all their focus on next year to try and sell out 100K

Reactions: Miss Sally

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,357 Posts
there is has been a lot of terrible RTWM (good thing I ain't watching this one live, HULU/Youtube is a saving grace) and Mania itself ends up being good. Wouldn't surprise me the same happens here.

Besides this is pure filler PPV so they can get to WM 32. Vince most likely is thinking about what to do for that PPV right this moment. Once it was announced for Cowboys Stadium, WM 31 became an afterthought.

All Vince wants for WM 31 is Reigns coronation, Sting's debut, and Cena saving USA. The other matches is whatever to kill time and get everyone on the card.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,319 Posts
Seriously, it wouldn't even be hard to make a great wrestlemania with this roster because it's so stacked.

Bryan/Lesnar, could even make it triple threat with Orton/Lesnar/Bryan, the Viper and the Dragon facing off against the Beast. Could have Rollins fuck over Orton at the end seeing how his and Ambrose's feud would be done.

You don't even need a huge story for Cena/Cesaro, people know they work out together, watching them try to out do each other in the gym and ring would make for HUGE pops from smarks for Cesaro and huge boos for him from Cena fans, think of all those kids arguing who is going to win, SuperCena or the Swiss Superman. That would make the dueling chants even bigger.

Another thing that WWE should have done is try to get casuals to get more into social media and making more shirt designs and merch stands for indy guys at live shows and sales on the website. Why not cater to both of your fan bases? Why deny any of the fans? If you're in a smark city sell more shit smarks will buy and have the show mostly wrestling and featuring indy guys, in a mark city well sell cena shit and work on the more storyline of things.

It's not fucking rocket science.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
This road to wrestlemania and wrestlemania 31 in general feels like one big scrimmage just take it to the big Super Bowl that is wrestlemania 32 in cowboy Stadium

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Wrestlemania XI says "hi".

The truth is, WWE doesn't put forth much effort into the build up of WM because it's WM. The tickets are mostly sold out by this point and people (including me) bought them blind with no card announced.

The card isn't even finalized yet and we're 19 days away. There is no need to rush; they have my money already and countless other's. Beyond that, the price of entry for everyone else is lower. $10 means they only need to sell you on the top matches and not the entire card like when it used to cost $65. If you're on the fence, $10 is easier to part with than nearly 70 bucks. Sucks, but I'm sure that's how WWE sees it lol.

The show doesn't feel big to me anymore until 2-5 days out from it. When they start the press conferences and let their video editing teams cut loose on the hype train. Seems like the hype gets pushed further and further out as the years go by. I remember the main event for Mania being set and built in January immediately after the Rumble as a kid. I miss those days. I don't even think Roman and Lesnar have even had a face-to-face yet in the ring. That's pathetic lol.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
The apathy in this company is quite remarkable.

Does nobody in management have the guts to just say 'this is simply not good enough' or are they so wrapped up in self-protection that they daren't say a word?

Does Trips think this is good enough? If he does then we may aswell all give up on WWE right now and if he doesn't then why, as one of the few people with actual power, has he not done something about it?

What is stopping the talents, as a collective, just saying 'this is not good enough'? I understand people have mortgages to pay and families to feed but fucking hell at some point professional pride has to kick in where you want better.

This company is an absolute shambles.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
lucha underground are producing better build up for their feuds from the top to the bottom of their roster on a 1 hour weekly tv show than wwe are for their biggest event of the year with a 3 hour raw show and a 2 hour smackdown show to do so :enzo

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
The build towards WM31 feels like an even more saturated offering than WM29, which in itself was completely lacking of emotion and anticipation. There's simply nothing about this year's build that screams MUST SEE - quite an accomplishment for a card that includes the debut of Sting, the return of The Undertaker, and potentially Lesnar's last match.

I honestly feel like WWE have constructed one of the worst possible cards that they could've come up with, given the levels of talent and star power that they have on hand.

I don't know if it's the worst build of all time but it wouldn't be that far off. To be quite honest, the build towards Mania has been underwhelming for years. With the one exception being WMXXX, which felt like an incredibly grandiose event, in large part due to the misfortunes of WWE booking and at the insistence of the fans.

Personally, I have very little interest in this year's event. There's nothing on the card that I'm dying to see. I don't care who wins in any of the matches. I'm simply not invested and WWE have failed to sell me on their product. I don't ever recall being so indifferent to absolutely everything on a Mania card in the build up towards the event. I'm not discounting the high possibility that there will be great action on the night, but WWE have done a piss-poor job of selling that.

Possibly the worst thing about the whole situation though, is that I'm not even bothered. I've watched WrestleMania live for 16 straight events, and while I'll continue that trend, I'm currently of the opinion that I really wouldn't care if I missed it live.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts