Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more i'm convinced that the neck injury was a work and punishment by the WWE for WM30.

Make no mistake, he got(and probably needed) the initial surgery. But two months later? Probably good to go by SummerSlam. I certainly don't buy this shit about no strength in the arm and some such malarchy, needed more surgery, and all with a magic recovery bringing in some trainer for a little hocus pocus and OMGTHEARMISBACKNOWOMG.

The irony being is that they brought him back when they thought he could really no longer be a factor.. just after Survivor Series. That his heat would have worn off, particularly with Ziggler now in the spotlight. He only ended up hot as ever and caused them major booking problems as a result.

Karma is a bitch, and it bit them hard.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Retarded. That's what I think of this post.

He was injured and that's that. Vince is in the business of making money. If he could've put Bryan on the road to make a shit pile of money from live events he would have.

·
Registered
14,168 Posts
The state of the current product assures the opposite.
It's hard to argue with that right now, I mean hell, you've got people deservedly not even wanting to shell out 10 bucks for the biggest PPV of the year, and I know even if I was one who streamed PPVs I wouldn't waste my time with this one. I might take that Sunday and go for a road trip to Cleveland and sleep part of the time away on a steaming sewer vent and draw pictures of play buttons on the sidewalk in chalk, would be a better use of my time.

That being said, I don't exactly think his time away was a work, if it was they screwed it up something feirce by not waiting till after the rumble to bring him back. Think of all drama that would have been saved.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not saying this is true, but is it that much of a stretch to imagine WWE doing this? Be honest with yourselves.

Reactions: Hawkke
60,001 Posts
This is a bridge too far for me to cross. Bryan was injured. If there is any resentment towards him from Vince, it is that he didnt get to have Bryan get squashed by Brock, so he had to use Cena as a stunt double for Bryan. Now Vince may well be taking out those frustrations on Bryan. It all remains to be seen.

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
You're fucked in the head.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
No, Wrestlemania this year isn't worth a plug nickel(old saying)

I've said it in other threads, but apparently nobody listens or agrees or is simply too pissed at "the product" to see past the red hatred they feel now(I can't honestly blame them and in fact, share a lot of it) but here I try again:

Daniel Bryan never recovered from his injury and was given a specific timeline by the doctors to how long he could still compete. He's using that time to not only make money but to give something back to the industry by putting over other talent. He's doing what Jericho did.

Vince has a ton of faults, and those of you who have read my threads know I despise him, but one thing he does seem to have enormous sympathy for is injury. He offered 100 million to Bret's family, who then stupidly kept on with the lawsuit regarding Owen's death and only got 30 million. He's helped behind the scenes at other injured wrestlers. Don't mention CM Punk as he wasn't perma injured yet and if he had, Vince would have probably offered him a mint. He would have offered Bryan a ton of $$ to give him time to put other wrestlers over. It makes actual business sense in the long run. Bryan goes out, but leaves Wyatt, Reigns and Ziggler looking great.

Now this isn't based on anything factual, just my observations and piecing together his booking since his return.

I'm also thinking it wasn't the neck at all that's the reason for this, but the arm/shoulder. The match where he had to forfeit and go to the back injury.

·
Getting molested by Bill DeMott
2,629 Posts
No, Wrestlemania this year isn't worth a plug nickel(old saying)

I've said it in other threads, but apparently nobody listens or agrees or is simply too pissed at "the product" to see past the red hatred they feel now(I can't honestly blame them and in fact, share a lot of it) but here I try again:

Daniel Bryan never recovered from his injury and was given a specific timeline by the doctors to how long he could still compete. He's using that time to not only make money but to give something back to the industry by putting over other talent. He's doing what Jericho did.

Vince has a ton of faults, and those of you who have read my threads know I despise him, but one thing he does seem to have enormous sympathy for is injury. He offered 100 million to Bret's family, who then stupidly kept on with the lawsuit regarding Owen's death and only got 30 million. He's helped behind the scenes at other injured wrestlers. Don't mention CM Punk as he wasn't perma injured yet and if he had, Vince would have probably offered him a mint. He would have offered Bryan a ton of $$ to give him time to put other wrestlers over. It makes actual business sense in the long run. Bryan goes out, but leaves Wyatt, Reigns and Ziggler looking great.

Now this isn't based on anything factual, just my observations and piecing together his booking since his return.

I'm also thinking it wasn't the neck at all that's the reason for this, but the arm/shoulder. The match where he had to forfeit and go to the back injury.
Vince didnt pay anyone a dime outside of royalties when they were injured before HHH:)hmm) in 2001. Even Austin in 1999 and 2000 was getting absolutely nothing from Vince whilst injured.

Vince views having a cold as being a sign of being a weak person, you may possibly be right about Bryan but Vince most certainly doesn't have any sympathy for injury.

·
NEWCASTLE UNITED
2,879 Posts
So he was good to go at SummerSlam but they decided to hold him off until just before the Rumble, where his return would directly impact their golden boy's push?

I think he was seriously injured and came back when he was healthy..no conspiracy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts