Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else think they should re-use again down the road for someone else? I mean it never got off the ground in the first place. I think they could really go places with the gimmick if they find the right wrestler to play on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=241afk4ZNFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-y7bjrlX98

I remember getting so excited for this. I was only 15-16 at the time and it felt like something special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxHqLMMk8e8

Stupendous squash this one. Shame that Fertig wasn't really up to it at the end. They initially had high hopes for him.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I would love to see a Mordecai type of character come back to the WWE. When it was first packaged back in 2004, I was super stoked for it. Really think if it's something played off correctly it could turn out to be really well done. At the time I really wanted to see a Mordecai/Undertaker feud happen. Thought that could of been great! If they could get Fertig back or get somebody with full motivation to do this gimmick. I would fully support it!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
i don't remember this. what was the gimmick? how was it used? etc

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry guys, i didn't watch wrestling when this character was on TV... What was the gimmick?? And why do people seem so high on the character on this forum??

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
He was thrown against the Scotty To Hotty's, Kidmans of the WWE and they expected fans to take him seriously. If you want someone to be seen as a monster you dont put them against people half there size all the time. I believe Hardcore Holly was his biggest match IIRC.

Could have been awesome if they'd give him real opponents. You could have done more on one night to get him over than the WWE did in 2 months.

1st night have the guy dominate Rikishi. That gets fans taking notice not squashing Scotty.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
He was thrown against the Scotty To Hotty's, Kidmans of the WWE and they expected fans to take him seriously. If you want someone to be seen as a monster you dont put them against people half there size all the time. I believe Hardcore Holly was his biggest match IIRC.

Could have been awesome if they'd give him real opponents. You could have done more on one night to get him over than the WWE did in 2 months.

1st night have the guy dominate Rikishi. That gets fans taking notice not squashing Scotty.
so how was he brought in? what was the gimmick?

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
so how was he brought in? what was the gimmick?
He came to cleanse the world of sin. He wore pure white and had white hair and beard to show his pureness.
Kind of like an OTT C.M Punk.

Was a massive waste from the E though. They did all the vignettes to have him come in but i honestly cant ever remember him cutting a promo in the ring once he debuted.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
He came to cleanse the world of sin. He wore pure white and had white hair and beard to show his pureness.
Kind of like an OTT C.M Punk.
and he didn't fued with taker?

wow, seems like a match made in gimmick heaven

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Nopes. The scotty to hotty match above is his debut. And he was gone again by july. At the time Taker was fueding with the Dudleys i think. I think the idea was to have Mordecai because Heidenreich appeared soon after.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
To be honest even if it got the chance to be something it'd still suck. I think gimmicks like that are dated and only Taker is the exception because of his longivity that the fans have embraced his gimmick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts