Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You've been watching wrestling for longer than it seems? Let me explain.

This past weekend I'm watching NOC and I'm like wow Triple H looks kind of flabby and it looks like age is catching up with him. The weird thing about it is, Taker's way older, HBK was older, Austin's older, Hogan's older etc. is so I'm like why is it that I didn't get this exact feeling with those guys? And I realize It's because when I started watching wrestling, they were all already established. I didn't experience the whole span of their career. Triple H came up right when I started watching so I pretty much got to witness his whole rise to where he is now. I've seen the start and what's looking like the end of his career and it makes me feel like the oldest person ever even though I'm 24.

I guess the person you would feel this for would depend on your age and when you started watching but have you ever felt this way and about which superstar?

·
Registered
67 Posts
When I started watching was summerslam 2001 I believe so I only really seen orton and cena would be the best known off of the top of my head.

·
Banned
763 Posts
For me it was NOT watching wrestling for longer than I realized. The first time I was into wrestling, Shawn Michaels was getting an absolutely brutal clothesline from Akeem in Wrestlemania V. The next time I got into wrestling, Michaels had just been inducted in the HOF and I had no idea who "CM Punk" was.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
I get what you mean. It hit me today that Kane has been wrestling without the mask longer than he did with it, I mean christ the vast majority of the WWE's target audience weren't even alive when he first took it off.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Hm, no I'm too young. However watching WWF/E on and off all my life I have often been a little shocked to see:

-The Undertaker still around. (Still. Bloody hell eh)
-John Cena's waaay out transformation. (Is this even the same guy?)
-Randy Orton less so actually, all he did was shave his head and get more tats

em, that's it really.
I get what you mean. It hit me today that Kane has been wrestling without the mask longer than he did with it, I mean christ the vast majority of the WWE's target audience weren't even alive when he first took it off.
ach god, the mask. Even after with the towel, and when they let him use the dark eye make up, he was still a little 'eep'.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
You've been watching wrestling for longer than it seems? Let me explain.

This past weekend I'm watching NOC and I'm like wow Triple H looks kind of flabby and it looks like age is catching up with him. The weird thing about it is, Taker's way older, HBK was older, Austin's older, Hogan's older etc. is so I'm like why is it that I didn't get this exact feeling with those guys? And I realize It's because when I started watching wrestling, they were all already established. I didn't experience the whole span of their career. Triple H came up right when I started watching so I pretty much got to witness his whole rise to where he is now. I've seen the start and what's looking like the end of his career and it makes me feel like the oldest person ever even though I'm 24.

I guess the person you would feel this for would depend on your age and when you started watching but have you ever felt this way and about which superstar?
I thought he looked great actually.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Theres a bunch, but theres a few that come to mind.

Seeing Edge retire after being in WWE since 1998. I remember him debuting and to see him retire was just like wow. I followed his career from the beginning.

Seeing Mark Henry win a world title after 15 years. I remember when he first came up as the worlds strongest man. His first match against Lawler at a September PPV in 1996 I believe. Then he joined the Nation. I just never thought he would ever get the belt especially since he was never getting the title after a few big pushes he got.

Seeing Nash show up on WWE TV again this year. When I was growing up he was known as Diesel and he was a badass. Then he leaves for WCW and I watched him there as well. He then comes back to WWE in 2002, and then left at the end of 03 I think. He then went to TNA, and I never thought he would ever be back in the WWE. He came back at Royal Rumble and returned again at SummerSlam. He has been around forever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts