Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Charismatic Enigma
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know what, it hasn't been bad. He's been very impressive in the past few weeks despite going against lawler because lets be honest... having the world champ go against an old timer looks kinda corny

He really does deliver good promos and I've been feeling the energy from them.

What about his in ring skill some may ask?
He has been improving lately. But he's still not "there" yet. There being the point where you can actually carry someone else through a match, or even less than that, but at least he tries you know?

Maybe they did throw the belt on him a little too early, who knows. Give him time for experience. At least the crowd is eating it up. I like Miz now and would boo the living crap out of him if I went to a RAW show.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
There was a marked improvement this week. Let's see. Jerry Lawler wasn't there and Miz had a very well-booked, well-paced and well-wrestled WWE Championship match with an actual full-time wrestler on the active roster. Coincidence?

·
Registered
285 Posts
They thought they gave the title to Bret Hart too early too. Dude's in the HOF. The Miz truly is...... AWWWWWWESOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
He's improving pretty good ^^
Still wanted to see JoMo being the champ >.>
I've had enough with WWEs few title change :S
In this year i would like to see some no time world champ win the title and not that Cena Orton crap ^^

·
Registered
285 Posts
He's improving pretty good ^^
Still wanted to see JoMo being the champ >.>
I've had enough with WWEs few title change :S
In this year i would like to see some no time world champ win the title and not that Cena Orton crap ^^
Heath Slater

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
It's been bad. It's been terrible actually. They should have never put him with Lawler. It just makes him look incredibly weak.

This past Monday is the only time he has looked strong. I'm glad they finally gave him some credibility with that win.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
I think he's been doing a great job as champion. He's been having better promo's, and better, more entertaining matches since he's become champ.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
It's been bad. It's been terrible actually. They should have never put him with Lawler. It just makes him look incredibly weak.

This past Monday is the only time he has looked strong. I'm glad they finally gave him some credibility with that win.
Funny thing is that he is actually been a better champion then Sheamus already.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
The only problem with the title reign is not just Lawler, but his repetive matches with Orton.
Orton and Miz have a similar style in the ring. That's why they don't work well together.

Orton

Punch
Stomp
Kick
Running clothesline
Scoop Slam
Backbreaker
Rope Hung DDT
RKO

The Miz

Punch
Stomp
Kick
Running clothesline
Backbreaker / neckbreaker combo
Swining corner clothesline
Skull Crushing Finale

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
They thought they gave the title to Bret Hart too early too. Dude's in the HOF. The Miz truly is...... AWWWWWWESOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!
Bret Hart is 10x the wrestler Miz is.

I hate the Miz. I dont know what it is about him, but I just can't stand watching him. He annoys me, and not in a good "heel" way. It's more like a channel changing way. His feud with Lawler hasnt helped matters either. I mean, am I really supposed to think a 60 year old man with huge mileage on his body is supposed to contend with a young, fresh champion? I dont mind suspending belief for most things, but that's a little much.

I just hope they take it off of him before Wrestlemania. I dont think I could handle the Miz being in a Main Event match of WM.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
His reign has been pretty good since TLC. The more he stays away from the has-been Lawler, the better. Last Monday was one of the best Raw in years because we didn't have to listen to his boring ass voice.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Funny thing is that he is actually been a better champion then Sheamus already.
I disagree. At least they booked Sheamus to look like a champion. Up until this weak, Miz has been booked terribly.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Miz's title reign is all on him. The WWE is giving him every oppurtunity to impress. He has been in a couple of singles matches the past couple of Raws. He's been taking a gradual progression in the opponents he's faced. Old timer/upper midcarder/ME (Orton @ Rumble). Due to this i think the WWE will have him retain. They're letting him wrestle on tv to gradually progress his wrestling skills. If they like what he is doing he'll retain at the Rumble. If he takes a bump in the road you already know the WWE will not hesitate to take the title off him. If the Miz's title reign fails it will be on him not meeting expectations, but i think he's progressing pretty decent

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
His reign so far has been boring so far but I didn't have high expectations for it in the 1st place he's one of the weakest booked champions I've seen in a long time.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The only thing i like from Miz's reign is his memorable match with Morrison, the rest has been meh (Mizmas carol, never ending feud with Lawler, mediocre matches, etc).

·
Registered
285 Posts
People can say what they want about the Miz's title reign, but it looks an awful lot like people are responding based off of how they mark (with a limited exception). When I mentioned Bret Hart, I wasn't saying the Miz was better. All I was saying was that at that point in Hart's career, they said it was given to him too soon when he beat Flair for his 1st title run. The Miz has the "it" factor, like it or not, jobbers.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
No shit, Sheamus is terrible.

Promo wise, it's been good, which is all I care about. His matches with Lawler and Orton suck, but you can't expect anything less from those 2.
Did you watch their match on Smackdown not too long ago? I thought it was rather good to be honest, even boring Orton didn't put me to sleep for once and that’s the only thing I can really defend Miz on is his in-ring ability, he is not THAT bad as some people make him out to be.

I disagree. At least they booked Sheamus to look like a champion. Up until this weak, Miz has been booked terribly.
You mean the same WWE Champion Sheamus who everyone and their uncle was getting more air/screen time then him? There was times I honestly forgot about him being WWE Champion cause guys like Cena, Nexus, Chris Jericho, Edge, Orton, Miz, etc. was getting more focused on. Sheamus hasn’t even pinned anyone credible during both his title reigns (correct me if I’m wrong) while The Miz has pinned Super Mysterio twice in one week, those huge victories over such a valuable star like Rey is better then Sheamus both reigns already in my opinion.

The Miz is actually being one of the focal points of the show like a World Champion should. I can't say the same for Sheamus sadly.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts