Wrestling Forum banner

Who has the brighter future in the E?

• The Miz

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Alberto Del Rio

Votes: 18 47.4%

The Miz vs Alberto Del Rio, who has the brighter future?

2589 Views 28 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  La Parka
Ask me a month ago, I say Del Rio but I don't think either one has a long run as a top guy ahead of them. Now I say The Miz, I believe he will pull it off and stick as a main eventer, while I believe Del Rio will fizzle out like Swagger did(thankfully), because Del Rio is complete garbage, atleast the Miz has become somewhat entertaining.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· FEED ME LESS!
3,857 Posts
ALL MY HATE FOR THE MIZ ASIDE

I still think it will be del rio.

He has the charisma and the mic skills and better in ring skills then the miz.

His championhip reign once he gets it will be more believeable then the miz.

I am not in love with del rio by any means, but I'm thinking it will be him.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Del Rio is not garbage, contrary to the OP's opinion. Regardless, Miz definately has the brighter future, and rightfully so. Miz is a better entertainer no matter how great Del Rio is at his job. You can tell Miz's future is brighter by how much WWE has invested into him. He's in the far more important match at WM, Del Rio is much older than him (33 compared to 30 is a lifetime in wrestling) and he's already been established as a huge main eventer on WWE's A show. When a guy headlines the Raw WM main event, he's at the top of the heap.

They both have tremendously bright futures, though. 2 future Hall of Famers without question.

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Miz I'm sure actually appreciates his position right now considering he had to work for it. Besides that WWE had the opportunity to build Miz personally from the ground up. He didn't come in with layers and layers of hype surrounding him quite the opposite actually so I suspect they will push their homegrown talent more.
I was an ADR mark until he won the Royal Rumble. Doing that in less than 6 months gets you under the microscope. People will criticize him to death for his super push and most super pushed talent doesn't stay around long.

· Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Del Rio is not garbage, contrary to the OP's opinion. Regardless, Miz definately has the brighter future, and rightfully so. Miz is a better entertainer no matter how great Del Rio is at his job. You can tell Miz's future is brighter by how much WWE has invested into him. He's in the far more important match at WM, Del Rio is much older than him (33 compared to 30 is a lifetime in wrestling) and he's already been established as a huge main eventer on WWE's A show. When a guy headlines the Raw WM main event, he's at the top of the heap.

They both have tremendously bright futures, though. 2 future Hall of Famers without question.
They both are already WWE Hall of Famers, a hall of fame with legit credentials and requirements would take another 10 years of work from them at a high level.

· Banned
6,072 Posts
Del Rio is booked like a champion, Miz is not.

· Registered
980 Posts
I'll go with Del Rio, at least he has the size and look.

· Registered
865 Posts
Miz by far. Not all that into the Miz (he is entertaining, but I'd have rather had Barrett win the title instead of Miz cashing in MiTB on that night), but Miz is pretty much already over, not main event/mega-star over, but more over than any other heel right now.

ADR may very well win the title at WM, but he isn't over and the title won't change that only time building a rapport will. WWE will try to get him over but will inevitably go back to the drawing board, much like with Sheamus.

· Registered
20,764 Posts
Miz is younger, used for media purposes frequently, and already a champion. Easily him.

· Registered
27 Posts
I'd liked to say the Miz, but he is already up there and he is having negative feedback already. Seems like people is not ready yet for a small guy as a champion.
Alberto seems more "menacing" and he also has charisma. I think he will have a brighter future.

· You're better than that Cole.
3,991 Posts
This is actually a good comparison of who future will be brighter. I would of instantly went with the Miz if this thread was made two months back but since Alberto Del Rio has won the Royal Rumble that signifies how much WWE is truly behind this guy to really be a major player in the company.

Right now it seems like it’s a race between The Miz/Alberto Del Rio.

Currently The Miz is winning by far, he is currently the WWE Champion and is lucky enough to headline the show thanks to the star power of John Cena-the name and face of the WWE with being caught up in the middle of his verbal feud with WWE’s biggest mainstream star of the past in The Rock. Miz is on top of the world right now and he is in fact LUCKY to be involved in this extravaganza cause anybody can replace The Miz in his position in a heartbeat cause he is still not actually a big star, he is not even in Big Show’s league.

But nonetheless Miz right now is ahead of Alberto and after Mania, things can really change and Alberto may surpass The Miz. MAYBE. But then you have Miz fantastic promotional work ethic. so ehh..

Miz I'm sure actually appreciates his position right now considering he had to work for it. Besides that WWE had the opportunity to build Miz personally from the ground up. He didn't come in with layers and layers of hype surrounding him quite the opposite actually so I suspect they will push their homegrown talent more.
I was an ADR mark until he won the Royal Rumble. Doing that in less than 6 months gets you under the microscope. People will criticize him to death for his super push and most super pushed talent doesn't stay around long.
That don’t mean nothing. They build Christian up in 2003 and the crowd was literally pleading for WWE to push this man in 2005, no excuse whatsoever who is WWE’s homegrown talent when Miz had made his debut on RAW in 2006 fumbling on words and not remembering his lines.

And just four years later he is now the WWE Champion while Christian has suffered mid-card Hell throughout majority of his whole career.

· Registered
349 Posts
Both.
More so Miz I think. He has worked hard for it and continues to improve all the time.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
If this was who's the better talent it's easily Del Rio but as far as the brighter future goes I'm going to have to say it's Miz. (unfortunately) He's the WWE champion and will be headlining WrestleMania for Raw, the number 1 wrestling show in the world. Del Rio is more talented but I think the WWE has more invested in The Miz.

· Registered
27 Posts
O rly?.
Come on, it took around 7 years for The Miz to be where he is. And Del Rio is only what? 1 year?
You cant say that the WWE has more hope for the Miz than Del Rio.

· Registered
20,764 Posts

And just four years later he is now the WWE Champion while Christian has suffered mid-card Hell throughout majority of his whole career.

And to think, "Hoo-rah" could have been the new "Do you smell what the rock is cooking?" :no::no::no:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.