Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, just asking if people would agree? Even as a face I can see him being like Jericho was when he'd seen better days. Also, if people could give their overall thoughts on the Miz as well; I'm excited for his future personally, he seems to have it all - Mic skills, catchphrase, showmanship, technical ability; I think he just needs to get rid of that weak-arse finisher and get something that is memorable as well as giving it a name that goes with him that people will remember. Get me?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, maybe it was a bit much to give him that comparison! Just wondering though mate, do you mean Jericho is good in the sense that he is still a good wrestler and a good personality? Or that he's good right now? I see a lot of people pro-Jericho on here and a lot of it seems to be regarding how good he is right now. I don;t understand that, I now see Jericho as a fat shadow of his former-self who's boring and should wear pants

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haha, maybe it was a bit much to give him that comparison! Just wondering though mate, do you mean Jericho is good in the sense that he is still a good wrestler and a good personality? Or that he's good right now? I see a lot of people pro-Jericho on here and a lot of it seems to be regarding how good he is right now. I don;t understand that, I now see Jericho as a fat shadow of his former-self who's boring and should wear pants
Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

He is the best heel WWE have at the moment, he's amazing on the mic.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Jericho has always been a good wrestler, of course he isn't as good as he used to be because he's almost 40, he is still a master on the microphone, just as good as he used to be.

The point is that Miz is nowhere near Jericho's level when it comes to anything, The Miz can't wrestle and his mic work is boring.

Jericho is way too good to be compared to someone like The Miz.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Jericho is perhaps the most well-rounded wrestler of all-time. The Miz would do well to become half of what Jericho is. That's coming from a fan of The Miz. He's got charisma and mic skills, but he's still got a long way to go before any comparisons to Jericho should be made. He might at some point become as good as Jericho is on the mic, but I doubt he'll ever be able to do what Jericho can in the ring.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
To be the next Chris Jericho, Miz would have to be a good all rounder. Since he's terrible in ring, he's not.

Heck in comparrison to Jericho in all other elements, Miz isn't even close. Jericho is far better on the mic, he has more charisma, and he's certainly about 10x better in the ring. So no, Miz is not the new Chris Jericho.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But how? He's literally a robot these days - no charisma, no sinister side to him just plain boring. Do you remember the amazing feud between him and Benoit about 9-10 years ago? Jericho the energetic, charismatic one and Benoit the robotic, serious guy? Jericho has literally become the Benoit of that feud - I honestly can't see how you can say he's good at the moment, he hasn't changed his character or his personality in how many years? And his mic work is nowhere near what it used to be.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
He's not as good in the ring, so no. However, let's put it this way, if current Miz was in WCW and then defected to the WWF/E, he would have gotten a huge pop as well. He's kind of in the same position Jericho was in WCW, except that WCW kept using the old farts and never gave Jericho a chance, while the WWE is now putting the machine behind Miz.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hmmz that's actually a good question... But i don't think that Miz will be as good as Jericho... Non the less Miz is entertaining on the mic... Has charisma but lacks inring experience...

Riley will be the new Jericho , mark my words....

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i don't see Miz ever being as good in the ring as Jericho. or even close, for that matter.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Jericho is better on the mic, which happens to be the Miz's speciality. In the ring, there's no comparison.

The only way that Miz can exceed Jericho in something would be, if he became a huge draw, which Jericho, despite his talents has never been.

Or, he could beat Triple H clean...

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Umad, OP?

·
Registered
647 Posts
The Miz is nowhere near as good a performer as Jericho nor does will he have the impact on the business than Jericho did. Jericho was the first of the smaller, cruiserweight style wrestlers to win a World Title in WWE, paving the way for Mysterio, Guerrero, Punk etc. And when it comes to wrestling, he is at least 2-3 levels above Miz. At least.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
But how? He's literally a robot these days - no charisma, no sinister side to him just plain boring. Do you remember the amazing feud between him and Benoit about 9-10 years ago? Jericho the energetic, charismatic one and Benoit the robotic, serious guy? Jericho has literally become the Benoit of that feud - I honestly can't see how you can say he's good at the moment, he hasn't changed his character or his personality in how many years? And his mic work is nowhere near what it used to be.
Of course, because if you're not some catchphrase driven, loudmouth and cocky heel, you're a boring drone.. Give me a break, he's better than he's ever been, Jericho himself said his stuff from 08 onwards is his best work of his career.

Oh and no sinister side? You obviously missed his feud with Shawn Michaels then.

As for this Miz comparison? Why would Miz be the next Chris Jericho? They're nothing alike. Not to mention nowhere near Jericho's league.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
God forbid anyone who criticizes Chris Jericho...

Anyway, no he isn't. First, and foremost, The Miz is the new Miz. He's his own person, not someone else.

Anyway, as far as comparisons to Jericho go. Yes, they both have the cocky, loudmouth character. However, Jericho is much better in the ring, but that can be rectified. For all the people saying Miz will never be better in ring than Jericho, then please, tell me, where have you all been getting these crystal balls from? Or are you all just natural born psychics? Yes that's it! Anyway, let's use some common sense here. We have no way of knowing whether Miz will surpass Jericho's in ring ability. So, directed at all the people saying ''Miz will never be better than Jericho in the ring.'' please sit down, and use some common sense, you have NO way of knowing. For all we know Miz could bust his butt then miraculously surpass Jericho. Or perhaps, Miz, might decline in the ring. We honestly don't know.

Yes, I am a huge Jericho fan, but really, some of you guys are so far up his ass it's not even funny. Some of you refuse to accept the facts that the man has faults.

Anyway, in short. Miz is not the new Jericho, he is The Miz. But, as far as comparisons go, there are similarities, but CHANCES are that Miz will not be as good as Jericho. But we have NO way of knowing.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yeah, lets let him be the first Miz and leave it at that. Jericho is a locker room leader for a reason, his in ring ability was fantastic and he helped pull off a lot of great matches. Miz has had some good matches, nothing great.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
I'm sorry there's no nice way to put this but The Miz will never be as good as Chris Jericho. I mean Miz's best quality right now is his mic work and even then Jericho trumps him at that.

Miz definitely has a lot of potential but he'll never be as good as Jericho. Also, I'm still waiting to see how he'd play a face cos I'm just gonna ignore his last face run since he was basically a completely different character. I remember watching a video of him the week after Nexus debuted coming out on FCW to defend Christian (I think) against Slater and Bryan. He came out with a mic and tried to be a face backing up Christian and he was doing his angry voice he does when he says he's awesome and it was just cringe-worthy to watch. That has put serious doubts in my head if he can actually play face. Still though, maybe he'll play a better face when he's permanently in that role.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The Miz is very one dimensional. He's good at being an obnoxious jerk, but that's about it. At least that's all he's shown so far.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts