Wrestling Forum banner

The Miz saves Alex Riley's @$$

7K views 53 replies 36 participants last post by  Kratosx23 
#1 ·
Found this on ewrestlingnews.com

According to a source, Alex Riley's on-air association with The Miz pretty much saved him from being fired by WWE following his DUI arrest last Wednesday in Tampa, Florida. He was said to be pretty nervous for several days, however. WWE did not officially announce any punishment. Riley also worked the Survivor Series pay-per-view and Monday's RAW. Basically, he caught a lucky break.

#3 · (Edited)
Pyro™;9078745 said:
Yeah, I read about this. Which basically means he has to stay with Miz forever because he's getting fired as soon as this partnership is over.

Sad, damn sad. He's better than Miz but he'll never catch a break.
If Alex Riley dosen't figure out that WWE is PG, it's not going to matter how close his association with The Miz is. He said "fuck" on live television this past week, and millions would have heard it had it not been for King on commentary. He almost said it last month ago in his promo with Eve, but managed to catch himself at the last minute. "Shut the f..ront door already."

Riley may be a better talker than Miz, but he certainly dosen't know how to control it. If he wants to cuss so badly, then he needs to be in TNA.

#5 ·
DUI is a stupid thing to do, in fact stupid doesn't begin to describe it. If he pays his dues between now and his partnership with the Miz breaking up, they might consider keeping him on, otherwise he'll be future endeavored before too long, and it'll all be his own fault.

#10 ·
^ agreed

#12 · (Edited)
His fault or not, it doesn't change the fact that other people have done things that should have ruined their careers and it didn't. Randy Orton is notorious for getting into major trouble and he was given opportunities. Wade Barrett punched out a police officer and is the biggest heel in the company. Even Ted Dibiase jr got a DUI and despite not pushing him, they didn't think about firing him. Riley deserves to be extended the same courtesy. I know they didn't fire him yet, but because of his association with Miz. It's clear that they're going to.

#18 ·
Exactly, if they fired everyone for one mistake they would have lost many talents, people make mistakes, as long as he learns from it and doesn't do it again, only fire him if this behaviour continues.

#13 ·
Well for one there's a fairly good chance this story is fabricated dirt sheet bullshit. But if not, hopefully this will all blow over. The guy is extremely entertaining and has the potential to be a major player, if WWE can get past the drink-driving and random attacking of team mates. Also, for those who think he said "fucking" on Raw, re-watch the video thinking he's saying "frickin", if that makes sense. The mind is very open to suggestion when it comes to sounds.

#14 ·
Pyro™;9078783 said:
This. It's amazing how many people on this forum have ridiculously impaired hearing.
Agreed, think its a case of peeps wanting to hear what they want and not actually listening. To be fair to Riley though, everyone makes mistakes, not sticking up for him DUI is stupid as fuck but you cant hold it against the guy for the rest of his career.

#15 ·
A DUI is fucked up, I'm not denying that nor am I condoning it. There's no excuse to put other lives in danger, but do i think he should get fired for it? Hell no, at the very least make him go to AA meetings or something. I think it'll blow over anyways so i'm not too concerned. however if they didn't fire RVD for being pulled over and arrested for marijuana, while he was holding the WWE title, then surely this doesn't warrant being fired.

#17 ·
lol @ Pyro defending the fact Riley got a DUI and not getting punished because other people didn't.

Orton and DiBiase are unfireable, we know this. They are both bland as fuck and two of the most boring "superstars" of recent years. I think Orton is the only one who could pull a Benoit and get away with it.

Riley on the other hand, is a sidekick and not needed in this pushing of younger talent when they have plenty other guys ready to take the torch and run with it.

#19 ·
sounds like "fckin"...but then when you hear it on loop, it sounds like "frikin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b34bpwN0JQk

I think its frickin, because he's got that subtle southern voice....but I can see where people are coming from...regarless, whoever out there heard it will think its "fickin" so thats how it will be perceived, even if riley told management/vince that he said frickin and they agree it still wont matter because ppl will hear "fuckin"

cant belive i just went into detail about this.

#22 ·
It's obvious Miz is Riley's life preserver. Let's face it, there were three options for Riley and WWE following his run on NXT: 2. 1. Get released outright. 2. Be a directionless undercarder out there on his own continually punished for a good while for his screw-ups, which would have been disastrous. Or 3. Try to limit the damage, don't let him wrestle on TV for a couple of months (barring that one street clothes squash encounter with Bryan) so as to save himself the possibility of embarrassing/hurting someone or himself since it seems like he suffered from nervousness in the bigger situations on NXT and Raw's a lot bigger than NXT, punish him a bit by having Daniel Bryan take him to school and be perceived to be Miz's lackey, and go from there.

Riley got by far the best of the three options. And now he can thank WWE for going with Route #3 because rather than even considering releasing him following the DUI incident (let's not forget the context--he was already on a kind of "probation" of sorts following his little series of mistakes), he's as safe as he could be.

As for the questions about him having to be Miz's bitch for the rest of his career, let's not get carried away with ourselves. If Riley can get on a positive roll and further find his own niche, I'd say his current role's expiration date is at worst around 14 months away. And honestly, if I'm Riley, I'm okay with that. He may be in a doghouse not unlike Miz, told "one more fuck-up and you're gone, we've just about had it" (with Miz it was just overall performance, not the string of incidents), but logically the higher Miz goes, the higher Riley goes. Triple H being at the top of Raw for literally half a decade ensured that if WWE didn't screw it up, either Randy Orton or Batista would become huge through an inevitable feud with their former master. They messed up with Orton but got it right with Batista and consequently he became the #2 star of the company for the next half decade. We were talking about how Luke Gallows could've become potentially big so long as WWE kept CM Punk and the SES at the forefront. Well, instead they made Punk increasingly less relevant and then shot a cruise missile into the whole scenario by having Big Show become a one-man wrecking crew for the entire faction, fundamentally belittling both Punk and the SES to the point where it became almost a punchline. When that happened, the dreams of Gallows were flushed, and now he's unemployed.

If Miz becomes an entrenched main event talent over the next 14 months, and Riley's still with him, I think you could be looking at Riley vs. Miz in a marquee match-up at Wrestlemania XXVIII. That's quite an upgrade over where he is today, don't you think? He just needs to get his house in order, and we have to be patient, just for once.

#24 ·
Exactly, lol. There's no way an on-screen association saves your job. It didn't save Luke Gallows, did it? Hell no. He was dis-associated and then fired.

It's easy to write a report like this when The Miz has just become WWE Champion. And even if this was written before he won the belt, it was still done while he had the MITB, aka in a prominent role.

It's just more IWC pot-stirring. Absolutely no truth to this report whatsoever.

#26 ·
has someone already mentioned that he didn't say fuck? someone did? good.

anyway, pretty much what Evo said above me is the truth. on-screen associations like this don't save your job. Miz doesn't need Riley as a mouthpiece (although it would make for better promos, amirite?), and the guy honestly hasn't done much on his time on Raw except be a substitute in matches and job to people. now a backstage association? that would have better possibilities, but that's not what's being reported about and i obviously can't speak on that.

but there's no way the WWE would second guess wanting to can this guy if they really wanted to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.