Wrestling Forum banner

The Miz recieve Mr Kennedy's Push?

1571 10
Okay so we all know Vince Mcmahon was building Mr Kennedy to be a future world champion and he had the Mic skills above anything else. So my question; Do you think The Miz is his replacement? We saw The Miz adopt the line of screaming into the mic saying "Because Im the Miz and Im .... AWESOME!" In a fashion similar to How Mr Kennedy would refer to him self (with the difference of course being the words to their lines being different)

PS: Clicked too soon; The title should read: "Did The Miz receive Mr. Kennedy's WWE Push"
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,515 Posts
I dont think so. Kennedy's push ended in like 2008 where the Miz didnt really start getting his push until 2009

· Registered
1,531 Posts
I think WWE was looking to push an arrogant loud mouth with good mic skills as a main event star. Kennedy had so many opportunities but due to bad luck and stupid mistakes he failed. After that Miz started to come into his own and was the perfect person to fill that criteria and now hes WWE Champion.

Had Kennedy succeeded I honestly don't believe Miz would be champ right now because Kennedy is far superior to Miz.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Kind of.

I agree with Ass Buster's point that Miz "forged his own way," but nevertheless he has recently begun to occupy the space that was once being saved for Mr. Kennedy back when Vince was pushing him hard, thinking he'd become a certified main-eventer. Kennedy was going to be pushed all the way to the top as a foil for the top faces originally back when WWE was really heel-light (just look at the two main events for Wrestlemania XIII at the time, they were both face vs. face, and Edge and Orton just couldn't compare to Cena/Batista, though Cena effectively "made" Edge the year before).

· Purebred Powerhouse
7,854 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Miz's work over the last year and a half, but even I'll admit - Kennedy had a lot more presence when he was working for WWE. The guy just spewed a natural "larger than life" appeal. He had a certain swagger that I haven't seen Miz duplicate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.