Wrestling Forum banner

The Miz 're-hired' Alex Riley back as his apprentice

1301 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  scrilla
I know that normally what happens at house shows don't cross over to RAW or Smackdown but why would he hire him back at a house show if it wasn't leading back to RAW?

There was an angle at yesterday's Raw house show from Wichita, Kansas where WWE Champion The Miz "re-hired" Alex Riley. The two teamed together to face John Cena and Randy Orton. I haven't heard if they will carry this back to television or not.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Riley held Miz back. Nothing to do with Riley himself but his presence just made Miz look weak as a World Champion. Now Miz is on his own, he's looking more credible than ever. I'm actually starting to believe he has a chance of beating Cena at Wrestlemania. Had Riley still been there, I'm not sure whether that would have been the case.

· Registered
5,813 Posts
I just think it's a cover to have that tag match, nothing more. It's like when members of the Alliance carried on wrestling house shows after they were all fired, and were 'just working out their contracts'. At least they offered an explanation, more than what I've read about house shows in general haha

· Registered
193 Posts
Don't know where all this Riley is raw stuff is coming from. Maybe he's not ready for the main event yet but he's proven that he's entertaining. That's more then I can say about 75% of the roster right now. Get him back in the midcard.

· Banned
5,164 Posts
I think it would've been a one-off thing that didn't really actually occur in the 'WWE Universe'. It was probably just a way to provide Miz with a tag partner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.