Wrestling Forum banner

Who is better?

• Sheamus

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • The Miz

Votes: 71 51.1%

The Miz or Sheamus as WWE Champion

4612 Views 64 Replies 61 Participants Last post by  Damian77D
Who do you think from this new main eventers had a better reign as a WWE champion and would have a better future reign?
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
7,074 Posts
The Miz is definitely better. Sheamus never seemed like a believable WWE Champion somehow. I can't say for his 1st reign since I didn't really care, but his 2nd reign was just lame. All he did was have lackluster fights with Orton. He was totally overshadowed by the Cena/Barrett situation going on.

Whereas with the Miz...sure, he didn't win it strongly (then again neither did Sheamus, either times) but he's put in damn strong performances as champ. The whole feud with Lawler was a bit of a dark spot, but in general he's been a fantastic champion. He successfully turned me into a Miz mark within a few weeks of being champion.

As for their future...I'd say Miz has more of a future than Sheamus. Not to say Sheamus hasn't got one, but I see the Miz being much more high profile in his future career than Sheamus. I mean look at it...the Miz is heading into Wrestlemania red-hot as WWE Champion fighting the face of the company, and Sheamus is going to have what will be good match, but an overlooked one, with a guy who hasn't really done much in the company.

It's kind of obvious who's basket WWE are putting their eggs in on this one.

· Registered
7,244 Posts
sheamus is considerably better, but miz's reign has been booked better

· Registered
994 Posts
Miz>Sheamus, but the fact is what they both dont deserve to be champs. Miz is awesome, but he is not in lead with main eventers, i just cant imagine him main eventing wm... just cant! Atleast he is better than Del Rio(the most overrated of all time). Where are plenty of guys who should be given main event push: Punk, Kofi, Christian...
Punk destroyed Jeff, if he would have had feud with Cena and be victorious at WM..Cena and Punk have chemistry between them, Punk is a great star... But instead giving gold they decided to give us fools gold Boreton vs. Punk? lmfao who cares about it?...

· KO
6,183 Posts
People need to read the OP... I was shocked when I saw the poll is 10-10, but now I understand. This* is what we're voting about, and Miz is the oh-so-obvious answer. Sheamus was booked like a bigger pussy, barely got any heat, and didn't main event WM as champion. Need I say more?

* = "Who do you think from this new main eventers had a better reign as a WWE champion and would have a better future reign?"

p.s.: Both guys are awesome in my book.

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Sheamus is better, but Miz has had a better title reign. If they could book Sheamus as a strong champion, like they should've to begin with, he'd be great.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
The Miz. Sheamus was booked like shit. The Miz is probably main eventing Mania, with John Cena.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
Sheamus was a victim of lousy booking. The Celtic Warrior has the better look and is absolutely the better wrestler. He just might be the company's best big man wrestler.

I'd rather see Sheamus get a chance to have a 4 month reign with a top level feud or storyline than see The Miz get another title reign. Though I'd like for Miz to retain and defend it successfully another time or two before dropping it.

· Registered
865 Posts
Sheamus was a victim of lousy booking. The Celtic Warrior has the better look and is absolutely the better wrestler. He just might be the company's best big man wrestler.

I'd rather see Sheamus get a chance to have a 4 month reign with a top level feud or storyline than see The Miz get another title reign. Though I'd like for Miz to retain and defend it successfully another time or two before dropping it.
Pretty sure the title of the best big man wrestler right now would go to Swagger.

Miz is the better of the two as the overall package. Miz is more charismatic (thus, he gets better reactions). Miz hasn't been booked better, he's faced Orton and Lawler and looked weak in each encounter, much like Sheamus he hasn't beaten Orton without help. Lawler took it to him and Lawler is old. Sheamus also did a lot of Cena destruction himself during his first feud with Cena. So booking wise, I'd say they were booked similarly. Just somehow Miz is over, Sheamus isn't.

So Miz is better.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.