Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May seem like an odd comment.

But sometimes I think that maybe John Cena would prefer it if he was a heel, and sometimes struggles consistantly with kids(his main fans) he didnt really have a choice it was kind of just thrust upon him and no one really knew and im sure he didnt know that when he was heel 5/6 years down the line he would be the face of the company and all the little kids would love him and he would loose a lot of the adult fans.

I saw this video and thought The Miz was totally natural in a children's environment, where as Cena at heart is still and would probably want to be back as Thuganomics and still have some kind of edgeyness to him.

I just think sometimes struggles to be superface for the kids naturally and seems forced.

Obviously he isnt going to be bothered hes the face of the company winning championships all the time.

I cant imagine Cena ever been heel again im not even sure how well he would be able to do it as he has been superface for so long.

I think in a couple of years especially when the current Miz storyline has died down, miz will turn face and become a superface like Cena, I think all this time they have been preparing him for that moment.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well... To be honest, Miz just excels at media appearances in general. It's not just for the kids and such, he can go EVERYWHERE and act naturally. That is definitely his strong suit and it's something that, I believe no other wrestler can do as well, including Cena.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
I honestly think that even Cena has begun to get frustrated at the direction of his character & the material he's given to work with (I mean who wouldn't get frustrated with working so hard and still getting hated by so many people?) and Miz I think is actually relishing his new position as the 'media-friendly' guy in the company, so yeah I think its kind of a combination of Cena's frustration and Miz's enthusiasm in his new role.

I just can't wait until they pull the trigger on Miz's face turn, he's going to be HUGE.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I keep hearing the idea of Miz as the next top face... but where's the hook? Where's the larger than life appearance? Where's the character that'll relate to the masses? Surely it can't be "snobby, rat-looking media whore." If it is, WWE's dark period hasn't even begun.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I hope not. Hopefully Miz will continue to be an arrogant prick, even when he turns face. Its what he excels at best.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
I doubt it.

Miz is not really the greatest promo guy on the mic. A lot of his promos are repetetive & he is a heel right now. He will have less freedom on the mic when he turns babyface so i dont really see it happening.

besides If you look at the reactions Cena used to get in 2003 & now compare that with the reaction Miz gets every week.... Not even close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts