1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not Edge

Not Punk

Not Sheamus

Not Wade Barret

Not Del Rio

Not Kane

So how do his mic skills warrant a main event spot?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Opinion

·
Banned
445 Posts
Miz is better than all those guys on the mic excluding Punk. Miz on the mic is also better than Cena, Orton, Triple H, Undertaker, Swagger, Big Show, and Christian.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Sheamus and Punk are better than Miz, and equally young. They are superior.

Kane is, but he's old and has a limited amount of years left. Edge is better, but he's fragile and can't he counted on stay healthy, which limits the type of storylines he can be a major part of.

Del Rio seems better than the Miz, but he has to prove he can maintain this heat he's getting without having to "injure" a top face every month (Rey, Christian). Looks like he's got the skills, he just needs to prove it over time.

Barrett flatout is not. Barrett is unproven in the ring, and has yet to prove he can generate heat on his own. Miz has him beat on both ends. Barret just has the superior gimmick at the moment, and this Nexus leader bit is temporary. We'll see what Barrett really has when this Nexus angle ends and he goes solo. Till then, no.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Del Rio a main event? xD

Del Rio is still in his big debut push, which most wrestlers get.. after that he'll probably end up in the midcard.

If your talking wrestling ability I would say he is better than Kane, and on about the same level as Sheamus

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
He's not quite ready. Not just yet..

But id say he's better than most on the mic. He just needs a few more good matches before he cashes in that case..

·
Registered
535 Posts
Del Rio a main event? xD

Del Rio is still in his big debut push, which most wrestlers get.. after that he'll probably end up in the midcard.

If your talking wrestling ability I would say he is better than Kane, and on about the same level as Sheamus
I highly doubt Del Rio will get pushed to Mid-Card soon. Not with the masses of promo's they did before he came, the extravagant entrance he receives, and the fact he's aiming for the Hispanic market the decaying Rey Mysterio will leave behind.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My problem with Miz' mic work is that it's all pretty similar (excluding that one) other main event heels can mix it up a bit (Edge, Punk) or are just better in the ring or look more intimidating.

My question is what does Miz have on his peers?

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Hiplop™;8926853 said:
:shocked:

kane is much better than miz
Kane sucks on the mic. All he does is scream and try to sound intimidating but everything he says is unintentially funny which makes him a complete joke.

My problem with Miz' mic work is that it's all pretty similar (excluding that one) other main event heels can mix it up a bit (Edge, Punk) or are just better in the ring or look more intimidating.

My question is what does Miz have on his peers?
What does Sheamus or Orton have over their peers? Miz is atleast good enough on the mic to make for some interesting storylines.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Not Edge

Not Punk

Not Sheamus

Not Wade Barret

Not Del Rio

Not Kane

So how do his mic skills warrant a main event spot?
Cause he's AWESOME.

Really I don't understand how people can say "John Cena sucks" while in the same breath praise The Miz. Cena embodies main eventer, The Miz not so much. Really he looks like the average kid in high school. Also unlike Cena who makes up for his lack of wrestling moves with his storytelling ability, the Miz makes up for his lack of wrestling moves with his amazing...uh kicks and pu8nches.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Miz is the best mic worker in the Raw midcard. But he's not really better than anyone in the main event yet (yes, including Orton and Sheamus).

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Miz is obviously a better talker than Orton, who graduated from the Lance Storm academy of promo cutting. He can't touch him as a wrestler, but as a talker, Miz is definitely better.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
I find it difficult, subjective and unwieldy to discuss and/or rate mic skills among contemporaries from different levels of the company within the same time period's product in general; this is a slightly dubious topic considering that Miz has not been placed on equal footing with the "main event heels." He's still to this day technically a midcard heel, so why don't we judge him on that basis? Otherwise, we could likewise go in a time machine and start up a discussion on how Chris Jericho wasn't as good a talker as Ric Flair in 1997-1998 WCW.

It's very likely The Miz will never be as good or natural on the mic as CM Punk. We don't know for sure because we don't have that time machine, and yes, Punk has enormous independent experience, including his run in ROH and then his emergence in WWE in the last number of years that have obviously helped him (though he was always at the very least a diamond in the rough on the stick, dating back around nine years ago or more). Yet, Punk is a world-class, seasoned vet on the stick, while Miz has been in the process of literally and figuratively finding his voice in the past couple of years in particular. But, ultimatley, so what? It's like saying, "The third or fourth pitcher in the rotation isn't as good as the ace #1 starter." You'd still like to have that third or fourth pitcher, wouldn't you?

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
In terms of mic skills Miz........

Is not better then
Triple H
John Cena
Undertaker
Edge
Kane
Punk
ADR

Is better then
Sheamus
Randy Orton(Lance Storm V2)
Wade Barret(Lance Storm V3)

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I completely agree with the OP, and I've been trying to preach this for a long time. The Miz is replaceable. Meanwhile, he couldn't replace any of those guys, and I could add a couple of others to the list as well.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts