Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Miz was interviewed by The Fan Morning Show in Pittsburgh to promote last night’s RAW Supershow. Here are some highlights:

Whether or not he loves playing the villian:

“Absolutely. I don’t want to be liked. I enjoy people hating me, I enjoy the Tweets that I get at @MikeTheMiz with people going, ‘You suck, you’re the worst, I can’t stand you. I don’t like you.’ Some people don’t like to hear negative things. That’s what feeds me. That’s what makes me want to do better and prove everyone wrong. So that’s basically why I’m so good.”

Starring in WWE’s The Marine:

“I’m doing a movie — Marine: Home Front. I’m huge. I’m going to be a huge movie star. I’m the most must-see WWE superstar, I’m a huge movie star. I mean, it’s going to be the whole chi-bang.”

Vince McMahon wanting him to be WWE’s Ryan Seacrest when he first arrived:

“It’s funny you bring up Ryan Seacrest. When I first came to WWE, they wanted me to be the host of Smackdown! I go into Vince’s office and he’s like, ‘Alright, Miz. We want you to be like the Ryan Seacrest of the WWE.’ By the way, I didn’t even think Vince McMahon even knew who Ryan Seacrest was.

“But, whenever your boss tells you, ‘We want you to be the Ryan Seacrest of this.’ That’s just a bad thing in general. Especially when you’re in WWE. You want to be the guy that’s tough. ‘Hey, I’m The Miz!’ But, no. I’m in there like, ‘Hey, What’s up! Welcome to WWE’s Friday Night Smackdown!’

“… Then, I turned that into the most must-see former WWE champion. And [I steal] the show. Everybody [watches] me

Does anyone get the feeling this guy is deluded as hell?

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Re: The Miz Interview on being heel, Marine & WWE wanting him be seacrest

The Miz was interviewed by The Fan Morning Show in Pittsburgh to promote last night’s RAW Supershow. Here are some highlights:

Does anyone get the feeling that he's staying in character?

·
Banned
4,704 Posts

Does anyone get the feeling that he thinks people tweet "You suck" to him is because he is a good heel?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts

Okay now I know he will never turn face.

·
Registered
310 Posts

wow now thats how you stay truth to kayfabe

·
Banned
4,994 Posts

Miz being Miz. Hoeskis gonna Hoeski.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts

is he playing the marine? there goes all the money...

·
Registered
81 Posts

How did he get the role in the first place?

·
Banned
2,187 Posts

he has the attitude of a winner. no doubt how he came this far.

"Some people don’t like to hear negative things. That’s what feeds me. That’s what makes me want to do better and prove everyone wrong." - wow... that's what I am. Miz must be my missing brother.

·
Registered
791 Posts

he has the attitude of a winner. no doubt how he came this far.

"Some people don’t like to hear negative things. That’s what feeds me. That’s what makes me want to do better and prove everyone wrong." - wow... that's what I am. Miz must be my missing brother.
No he is a pussy. Even Del Rio said it.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Re: The Miz Interview on being heel, Marine & WWE wanting him be Seacrest

Kayfabe interview with a touch of real feelings included. I might also think he's using his cocky persona on TV to cover his somewhat pretentious view on himself too but I may be wrong.

However, I will say this. The Miz has fallen hard and you can tell in his face like you did with Carlito that he is slowly losing his passion for wrestling, and the WWE in general. I mean, just compare his US title reign/WWE title reign to now. Whether he had the title or not is irrelevant. He seemed happy when he was more prominent, protected on TV, and given more better material to work with. Now, you can tell he's just coasting. Half assing in his matches. Just not giving much of a damn. Miz had a decent title reign and got fed to Cena in the end. Afterwards, it hasn't been the same. His reactions haven't been the same. His mic work has deteriorated these past recent months and weeks. His matches are the same with some different things depending on his opponent.

And if it doesn't change, it'll be worse and I can see Miz gone by next year too if that occurs. MTV and the like will protect him well if he leaves too so it's whatever for him.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Re: The Miz Interview on being heel, Marine & WWE wanting him be Seacrest

It was always obvious to me that WWE was trying to push Miz as Seacrest when he first started. Oddly enough, it was working.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts