Wrestling Forum banner

481 - 500 of 530 Posts

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
I said it in the thread about this but its sad seeing how much passion these guys have for the IC Title yet the WWE doesn't give a shit about it.

Orton is probably the last person that the WWE used the IC Title to make into a Star, since then its largely just been a TV time filler Title.

You can really see how much it means to The Miz though, so while it sucks that he's still just an IC Title guy and is never going to get back to the Main Event at least right now he's doing something he's passionate about.

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,407 Posts
So Shane taps out to Chad Gable but Miz is not allowed to beat Shane even after wrestling him three times?! I'm not saying Chad Gable should be losing to Shane clean or something but it's disappointing how badly they mistreated Miz.

·
15,544 Posts
So Shane taps out to Chad Gable but Miz is not allowed to beat Shane even after wrestling him three times?! I'm not saying Chad Gable should be losing to Shane clean or something but it's disappointing how badly they mistreated Miz.
I'm at the point where everything The Miz does, and everything everyone around him does annoys me.

Like Ziggler losing to Miz in their mini feud but then going onto form a new tag team and work a feud in the Main Event that will most likely end with Dolph as a Champion.

Or everyone Shane has feuded with/faced since Miz has beat him. Miz couldn't even get 1 win over Shane but in 1 night Chad Gable got 2.

And what's Miz doing now? Getting laid out by Nakamura all the time. Logic suggests Miz wins at COC seeing as Nakamura has won every segment of the feud so far but Miz has worked these feuds before where he never gets to stand tall even once.

·
Registered
24,507 Posts
Despite the losing, Miz continues to entertain me in the ring as a babyface. His match with Nakamura is a perfect example of that. Super fun match, hot crowd, well worked on all sides.

Makes me want to root for Miz to get his 10th IC reign.

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,407 Posts
That was a really good match and Miz's performance was great. It was also lovely to see the crowd fully behind him throughout that match. Disappointed he lost though.

·
15,544 Posts
Don't get me wrong I've accepted the McMahons don't think much of The Miz and he's never going to get a meaningful push. But it still sucks, like he's jobbed in every stage of this feud. Been laywd out everytime he's neat Nakamura and loses the match.

I know Miz is never getting anywhere near the Main Event scene, ever but does he have to be the only Babyface jobber on the whole roster. Give him a win, let him look credible rather than a joke.

·
15,544 Posts
As far as I'm concerned it just keeps getting worse for The Miz. I assumed when he wasn't on Raw it was because he would be on SDL continuing the feud with Nak, but Ali has that feud now it seems. So Miz got his ass kicked in every segment of that feud for nothing, just because he's the Miz and the McMahons hate him.

Though I can't help but think Heyman thinks even less of him, ever since Paul got some power Miz struggles to even get TV time.

·
15,544 Posts
Even though I always expect the absolute worst from WWE it still baffles me that they made him fly out to Raw for a stupid 10 second appearance the day after Madison Jade was born.

·
15,544 Posts
It really sucked watching Miz be part of the jobber group trying to prevent a brawl. :sadbecky
Just another indicator of how unimportant he is now.

Dont get me wrong I'll always bitch and moan about how he's booked because he deserves so much better, but I've completely given up on him at this point. WWE have made it insanely obvious that they have no plans for him at all, and have no interest in even really using him at all now. Its not an exaggeration to say he's just aimlessly floating around now popping up in random segments.

Crazy to think what 6(?) months ago people were suggesting Miz v Bryan at WM. Now the guys so unimportant and badly treated that not even I would buy Miz in a Main Event program at this point, too much harm has been done.

I do wonder, I do have to say; did something happen backstage with The Miz during the Shane feud? Like hes been underused for nearly a decade now, even in his rise to more prominence in 2016 and getting regular TV time and high profile feuds he still jobbed in all his feuds of importance. But he was treated like a Star, he was presented as a Star. Even the start of the Shane program he was put over well, and treated like a top Babyface. Then somewhere along the way in that feud they seemed to lose all interest in Miz, all respect for Mike. Something must have happened because they way he's been treated since halfway through the Shane feud is astounding, he's become a joke, hes become a useless jobber that struggles to even get TV time.

Wishful thinking, but I wonder if he asked for his release or something?

·
15,544 Posts
I'm not sure what to make of Miz's current role.

Like its better than what he's been doing since being buried by Shane. At least he's got a consistent story he can work with now as opposed to just random MizTV segments every week. And I like the Miz and Bryan dynamic they wor well together. But at the same time none of this does anything for The Miz. He's just there as a vehicle to eat some beatdowns so Bryan doesn't have too. Its got nothing to do with The Miz character and wont lead Miz anywhere at all.

Weeks like this though are just further evidence that Miz is one of the only real Pro Wrestlers left, yet they just keep treating him like he's some untalented bum.

·
15,544 Posts
I'm really hoping Morrison ends up on SmackDown and they pair him up with The Miz in someway, either as a tag team or have them pick up their feud that 'ended' John's previous WWE run.

They're two really good friends, and work so well together. It'd give Miz something important to do instead of just being used to prop up a Daniel Bryan angle

Miz turns up at about the 23 minute mark.

·
15,544 Posts
And thats me out for a while again.

They just buried Miz six feet under AGAIN. But why? Why do the McMahons hate The Miz and refuse to do anything with him except make him look like a massive geek? Bray barely does anything all match but still easily deposes of Miz at the end. If Miz is literally just going to be a hapless comedy jobber who cant beat anyone, dont put him in big programs like this. Its just stupid.

God I loathe this charisma hating, spot monkey obsessed company.

481 - 500 of 530 Posts