Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 530 Posts

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we get some appreaction for the fucking Miz? Here's a guy I absolutely hated when he first came in to WWE. I thought to myself "What's this guy from some reality show doing in WWE?" :gtfo I mean just look at this geek.

His WWE title run didn't captivate me, and he played a backscene role Main Eventing at WrestleMania because of Rock vs Cena, and was just used as fodder that got overshined by The Rock. I mean he beat Cena at WrestleMania 27 for fuck sake and successfully defended his title, and it's like his win meant nothing because it was such a mediocre show and nobody really remembers it.

But man, has The Miz come a long way. This guy. Incredible on the mic, a truly fantastic and detestable heel who plays his role to perfection (one of the few true HEELS left), improved in the ring. Just seeing him improve at such a fast rate has been a pleasant surprise to me.

I always thought he was quite good on the Mic. But I never expected much else from the guy, I thought he'd be some jobber at this point. Maybe wasting away like some of the lower tier guys on the roster. But he's consistently been really good, and really makes the most of the moments he's in to shine.

Cocky, Arrogant and Plays the crowd to perfection. The perfect heel. Your Intercontinental Champion.

He's produced some absolute kick ass promos this year.

List of Accomplishments in WWE
WWE Championship - 1 Time
7 TIME Intercontinental Champion
United States Championhip - 2 Time
WWE Tag Team Championship - 4 Time
World Tag Team Championship - 2 Time
Money in the Bank 2010
25th Triple Crown Champion
5th Grand Slam Champion

Slammy Awards
Tag Team of the Year (2008) – with John Morrison
Best WWE.com Exclusive (2008) "The Dirt-Sheet" – with John Morrison

Awesome!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Re: Official The Miz Thread

Legend

Future HoF'er for sure

GOAT tier heel & mic worker

·
8,616 Posts

miz has gotten better and better as his career has progressed. ever since he returned with the moneymaker gimmick he's been gold. fantastic, convincing heel. very entertaining in person, and great at interacting with the crowd. when i was at raw in boston, angle came out and made an announcement that he was gonna turn a match miz was involved in into a 6 man tag. miz sold the announcement like a champ, looking out at the crowd all pissed off, and petrified, showing how much he hated the decision. everyone seated nearby reacted, all of them wanting see him get his ass kicked. that's how to heel it up.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts

I've been a fan of Miz from the very start of his career. A lot of people wrote him off but he's proven so many people wrong. He's taken so much crap booking and just made it work. He's also able to get other talents over.

It's taken a while. It's taken years but I'm happy that Miz is finally getting some respect put on his name.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
Re: The Miz Discussion Thread: MUST SEE

Its great (but still weird) too see Miz finally getting some respect for his work thesedays. Long overdue.

He's come along way. Thats something I like about wrestlers like The Miz, you can see them develop and grow over all the years.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,985 Posts

The Miz actually got a clean win over Jeff Hardy last night. That's a pleasant surprise :eek:

·
14,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The Miz actually got a clean win over Jeff Hardy last night. That's a pleasant surprise :eek:
That's a huge win for Miz. Especially the fact he beat him clean as well. The storyline wrote itself for a Hardy win. Someone who is incredibly over and it would have come full circle for him winning the title again in his career.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts

I'll admit I wasn't a Miz fan and I didn't pay attention to him. But, GODDAMN the last 18 months he's been fucking amazing and I'm now a fan for life.

Give this man the Universal title and let him be the fucking man, he deserves it more than anyone else

·
14,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

TFW being a great mafia player AND Miz fan. A man after my own heart
"great player"

And how could not be a fan.

Reactions: Empress and Poyser

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts

That's a huge win for Miz. Especially the fact he beat him clean as well. The storyline wrote itself for a Hardy win. Someone who is incredibly over and it would have come full circle for him winning the title again in his career.
Big win for Miz and a big win for the IC title itself. Midcard titles looking HOT right now.

I was going to make this thread. It was sad seeing pages go by and no Miz thread (checking to see if anyone had already posted it). Happy to see it's TFW. (Y)

All the true mafiosos know THE MIZ is the man. :quite

·
14,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Big win for Miz and a big win for the IC title itself. Midcard titles looking HOT right now.

I was going to make this thread. It was sad seeing pages go by and no Miz thread (checking to see if anyone had already posted it). Happy to see it's TFW. (Y)

All the true mafiosos know THE MIZ is the man. :quite

Yeah, there needs to be more Miz love imo. Seems like he's underappreciated everywhere :sadbecky

Pez a Miz and Braun fan?

That promo is fucking awesome by the way. Shame Miz was kind of overshadowed at WrestleMania.

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts

Yeah, there needs to be more Miz love imo. Seems like he's underappreciated everywhere :sadbecky

Pez a Miz and Braun fan?

That promo is fucking awesome by the way. Shame Miz was kind of overshadowed at WrestleMania.
I mark for talent. :quite

Somewhere out there is another universe where Miz went over at Mania DESPITE the Rock not because of him and went on a dominant face run after Mania. You could still set up Cena/Rock "Once" in a Lifetime that way. Oh well.

At least he's killin' it right now.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Re: The Miz Fan Thread is MUST SEE

The moment you start appreciating a true heel, he stops being a true heel. Kind of sucks, because in a way Miz kind of did his best work before 18 months prior because almost no one liked him and that's how he is supposed to be. But nowadays, people have finally caught up with how good he is and he can't really hide it and get true heat anymore. Hell, I've even heard Miz chants from the crowd occasionally. Its a shame for true heels because the moment they finally get appreciated and respected, they no longer are true heels.

Reactions: venkyrenga

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts

The moment you start appreciating a true heel, he stops being a true heel. Kind of sucks, because in a way Miz kind of did his best work before 18 months prior because almost no one liked him and that's how he is supposed to be. But nowadays, people have finally caught up with how good he is and he can't really hide it and get true heat anymore. Hell, I've even heard Miz chants from the crowd occasionally. Its a shame for true heels because the moment they finally get appreciated and respected, they no longer are true heels.
He does still get mostly boos though. He's still getting the best heel reaction in WWE and getting Miz chants.

He doesn't need clean wins though. Miz is a great enough heel, and grat enough as a character and on the mic that he can do the cowardly heel role properly and cheat to win all the time and it doesn't make him look bad.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts

Always liked The Miz, and he has now become one of the greatest heels the company has. So happy that WWE still see some value in him and he is still around doing what he does best. He has this awesome skill that he could lose every week for a year and still be over, now that is a talent.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,985 Posts

Say what you want about The Miz's booking compared to the main-eventers, but he's going to be remembered as one of the best Intercontinental Champions in recent times. He'll also be remembered as one of the best mic workers in this era :eek:

Just imagine if The Miz was still on Smackdown and had the WWE title run that Jinder Mahal is having. I bet it would be way better compared to what we're getting now.

1 - 20 of 530 Posts