Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Mark my words , in 2019 we will having threads such " Seth Rollins as WWE champion , what you think now ? " with ppl shiting on Seth like he was the worst thing ever which is far from true , Miz was just as entertaining as Seth if not more during his rise to the top back in 2010 , his feud with Bryan was the last time the US belt was actually something , i am afraid that Seth will follow the Miz's route and get buried and depushed for no logical reason like Miz getting depushed because of the SS low buyrate fpalm .

Reactions: Jonasolsson96

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
It was a pitiful reign from a guy who has no business ever being in the main event. In terms of look and skillset, Miz is not a top guy...ever. He looks like an obnoxious pussy, he comes across as an obnoxious pussy, and there is no believable way you can put him in the ring with guys like Cena. He just looked like a joke standing next to the Rock and John Cena, he truly did. And this isn't about size...it's about LOOK. He looks like a punk ass frat boy reality star, which he is. That's why his only real feud where he would win was against Jerry the King Lawler, a 60 year old announcer who had a heart attack on live TV two years later.

Doesn't help matters that his promos were all half assed Chris Jericho impressions that sounded like a live audition for Vince McMahon. Funny how Punk and radio hosts were poking fun at how Miz suddenly tried to do a "badass heel" gimmick where he KO'd John Morrison, and people were supposed to take him seriously??? They were legit laughing about how stupid Miz looked trying to pull this off.

The guy is a career midcarder, but even in the midcard he's limited. Because he's a fucking terrible wrestler. The Sandow gimmick is like legitimately saving his ass and keeping him on TV. They turned the fact that he needs someone better than him to work FOR him into a gimmick, which is actually true, rofl.
Not a Miz hater but this pretty much sums it up. Not everyone is cut out for the Main Event and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that either. You can be a memorable life time mid carder.

Miz is the Road Dogg of today's time. Yeah he's good on the mic but he's got below average looks and is average in the ring. That's not going to cut it at the top. Not sure why he's so dislikable in the locker room though. It seems half the locker room wants to choke him out.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Miz seems like a decent guy and I love his passion for the sport but I will never get over him being on the real world.

It takes a real dumb fuck to want to tryout for something like that, so I can't justify him main eventing a WM ever. If he would have been from a wrestling school of anything or backyard wrestle I would respect him more than I do for going on mtv and calling himself the miz.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Miz seems like a decent guy and I love his passion for the sport but I will never get over him being on the real world.

It takes a real dumb fuck to want to tryout for something like that, so I can't justify him main eventing a WM ever. If he would have been from a wrestling school of anything or backyard wrestle I would respect him more than I do for going on mtv and calling himself the miz.
He was actually working in the indies for 2 years before getting in the wwe , here's a video explaining all of this

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I enjoyed it. Better then Swaggless,khali,sheamus and maybe even del rio. He was the most over heel they had at the time. Roster was thin and he did a great job.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I actually like the miz, his one reign was BS. Cena made him look like a bitch and he Was the third wheel in a feud between Rock/Cena

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Rock won every battle but the last one. He never looked like an idiot. All feuds have gives and takes in them and Rock is not a selfish bast*** so of course he allowed for Cena to get some jabs in at his expense. That's not the point though. You're assuming he was in wrestling condition and was ready to work a match at 27. You do know that it takes months to prepare for that and if it wasn't in Rock's schedule it wasn't in Rock's schedule.

If you read the dirt sheets Punk was lobbying Rock to work with him before WM 28. That feud was decided long before June. The day after Mania Rock told everyone he was winning the belt. It's why Rock was calling Punk a friend before Mania, broke kayfaybe and said they were friends during the feud and still to this day calls Punk a friend. Despite Punk's macho act he politicked for that match and Rock made sure he never lost it. Now he can have all the buyer's remorse on that in the world and yeah maybe he did want out at some point but make no mistake about it that's a match he and Rock agreed upon. Bryan was just plan B assuming he wanted to remain face. By the way who else was available? The Rock had no interest in working with Randy Orton who p*ssed him off before WM 27.

You have no idea if they asked him or not to work at 27. All you know is what happened.
I have a hard time believing Punk lobbied for that match considering what he said on the podcast, where he took a big dump on The Rock. Punk's big overarching complaint during the podcast was that the WWE stopped him from being the top guy by booking him to lose feuds with part-timers to claim he lacked "credibility" for a big push, and through turning him heel to ruin his merchandise numbers and economically justify not making him the top guy. Going by Punk's words and logic, it doesn't make sense for him to want to work with The Rock and turn heel to do it.

I'm sure The Rock himself got along with Punk and considered him a friend though, much like Jericho did. Punk however doesn't consider most people friends of his even if they appear to get along (notice how he also criticized Jericho during the podcast despite Jericho putting him over well and calling to chat about non-wrestling related stuff.)

Also for your talk of The Rock "getting in match shape," The Rock has NEVER been in match shape at any point since he came back. He's been in movie shape and just happened to wrestle a few matches on the side. I'm a big fan of The Rock, but he never should have come back if he wasn't going to get in "match shape," which means being leaner to have the stamina to work longer bouts. Compare how he looked in the late 90s/early 2000s to now; the current Rock dwarfs that Rock and is much more muscular, which has had a predictably awful impact on his stamina and mobility, but hey, movie studios like and encourage that look.

And when you said "buyer's remorse," I think you're confused. I wasn't saying The Rock regretted the Punk feud. He was a big star and I'm sure The Rock wanted the bout as a result. I was saying The Rock probably wouldn't have wanted a Cena rematch (especially considering how bad that match was), if he had as much control as you think. Even more so considering they pushed a dumb Cena rematch despite billing the first as "once in a lifetime."

As far as alternate opponents for The Rock to work with instead of a Cena rematch at WM 29, they could have delayed Rock/Punk to Wrestlemania, Rock/Undertaker, Rock/Bryan, or most of all, Rock/Brock II. Any of those draw far more interest than a Rock/Cena rematch when the first match was average at best. Once was enough. You do special attraction matches once and then move on to get more special attraction matches. It loses some luster if you just keep churning out the same match over and over, especially if the guy in question has limited dates and availability (this is also exactly why no one gave two shits about any Brock/Cena or Brock/Triple H matches after the first bouts.) Rock/Brock II was nevertheless apparently on the cards for WM XXX until The Rock was injured in the aforementioned moronic Cena rematch.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The Miz is definitely good at playing the heel, but he just doesn't have the kind of pull to keep a championship run going for very long. Think of it this way, Damien seems to pull off Miz's signature moves better than the Miz himself (when given the chance). The Miz is a "good" talent who really should stay in the midcard.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
I have a hard time believing Punk lobbied for that match considering what he said on the podcast, where he took a big dump on The Rock. Punk's big overarching complaint during the podcast was that the WWE stopped him from being the top guy by booking him to lose feuds with part-timers to claim he lacked "credibility" for a big push, and through turning him heel to ruin his merchandise numbers and economically justify not making him the top guy. Going by Punk's words and logic, it doesn't make sense for him to want to work with The Rock and turn heel to do it.

I'm sure The Rock himself got along with Punk and considered him a friend though, much like Jericho did. Punk however doesn't consider most people friends of his even if they appear to get along (notice how he also criticized Jericho during the podcast despite Jericho putting him over well and calling to chat about non-wrestling related stuff.)

Also for your talk of The Rock "getting in match shape," The Rock has NEVER been in match shape at any point since he came back. He's been in movie shape and just happened to wrestle a few matches on the side. I'm a big fan of The Rock, but he never should have come back if he wasn't going to get in "match shape," which means being leaner to have the stamina to work longer bouts. Compare how he looked in the late 90s/early 2000s to now; the current Rock dwarfs that Rock and is much more muscular, which has had a predictably awful impact on his stamina and mobility, but hey, movie studios like and encourage that look.

And when you said "buyer's remorse," I think you're confused. I wasn't saying The Rock regretted the Punk feud. He was a big star and I'm sure The Rock wanted the bout as a result. I was saying The Rock probably wouldn't have wanted a Cena rematch (especially considering how bad that match was), if he had as much control as you think. Even more so considering they pushed a dumb Cena rematch despite billing the first as "once in a lifetime."

As far as alternate opponents for The Rock to work with instead of a Cena rematch at WM 29, they could have delayed Rock/Punk to Wrestlemania, Rock/Undertaker, Rock/Bryan, or most of all, Rock/Brock II. Any of those draw far more interest than a Rock/Cena rematch when the first match was average at best. Once was enough. You do special attraction matches once and then move on to get more special attraction matches. It loses some luster if you just keep churning out the same match over and over, especially if the guy in question has limited dates and availability (this is also exactly why no one gave two shits about any Brock/Cena or Brock/Triple H matches after the first bouts.) Rock/Brock II was nevertheless apparently on the cards for WM XXX until The Rock was injured in the aforementioned moronic Cena rematch.
No, I actually meant Punk had buyer's remorse in that he picked the Rock program and afterwards thought maybe I would been better remaining a face. The dirt sheet reports go back to March of 12 saying Punk was heavily pitching for a match with the Rock. That's when the Road to WrestleMania 29 was completely mapped out. The day after 28 it was clear as day Punk would remain champ until Rock dethroned him and Cena would win the RR and ME and beat Rock. I don't know how you could argue otherwise.

Punk has to play by WWE's rules so he's got 2 choices. Work with Rock or step aside and let someone else work with Rock. Now he may of lobbied the WWE the entire time to get behind him but that would of fallen on deaf ears and he'd have to play the Rock card. You see the picture here though. Rock lays out his plans and the dominos fall from there. WWE gets behind Rock and Punk is forced to play that game. He can be against it with every fiber in his body but it's the only path available to him so he's obviously still going to take it.

Cena has actually suggested that he was suppose to win at 28 but Rock got his way on how the feud played out. Rock had the power to dictate booking there. They brought him in to put Cena over so obviously Cena was going to end the feud with a win but if Rock wanted to win his first match that's how it was going to play out and that's how it did play out.

You can say he could of faced Lesnar but then he'd have to lose to Cena at 28. Cena had 1st dibs on a Rock win because he's face of the company. Rock could not get around that.

As for the match stuff we're talking ring rust here not necessarily his body size. I do get what you're saying there but there's a conflict interest in that Rock needs to keep his size up for certain movie roles. It still takes 4 months of training to knock off that ring rust and you don't know if he had the time or not in his schedule. Any guess on that would just be speculation. Now with a year in advance it gets put into his schedule.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
He was nowhere near ready. Bad choice as champ. Horrible draw. Not good at wrestling. Ok promos.

Punk, cena, and ADR were better choices as wwe champion.

Just horrible

Also don't get how miz and r truth were so dangerous. Nobody believed in that storyline

Miz is a perfect midcard guy nowadays and he is an ok wrestler.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
He was nowhere near ready. Bad choice as champ. Horrible draw. Not good at wrestling. Ok promos.

Punk, cena, and ADR were better choices as wwe champion.

Just horrible

Also don't get how miz and r truth were so dangerous. Nobody believed in that storyline

Miz is a perfect midcard guy nowadays and he is an ok wrestler.
Punk was injured and irrelevant at that time bro , Miz reign was fresh because it wasn't Orton or Cena hogging the spotlight again

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Never was a big fan of it, but he was pretty hot in 2010, so I can see why he got a run with the belt. I'll say this though, they didn't do Miz any favors by having Cena make him look like a complete bitch at OTL '11 and then blaming the Survivor Series buyrate on him too.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts