Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you know this, but in a nutshell, for those that didn't watch the segment last night, this is what happened.

• The GM is sick of Edge's BS, so he transfers him back to SmackDown.
  • Edge refuses to apoligize, and makes fun of Michael Cole.
  • The Miz shows up with Alex Riley, defends Cole, and confronts Edge.
  • Edge mocks Miz and Riley.
  • The Miz says he'll either win the battle royale to become #1 contender, or become lead Raw to victory @ Bragging Rights.
  • The Miz disses SmackDown, and later that night loses the royale match.
  • By the end of the segment, Edge is a babyface again.
Basically, is The Miz leading Team Raw against Edge and Team SmackDown @ Bragging Rights this year, or do you think it'll be someone else? And do you think Raw will win this year?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
It's all logical, even if I can't muster genuine excitement over the fate of a Raw vs. Smackdown match with nothing on the line. "Brand superiority"? Who cares? Jericho won the gold trophy for Smackdown last year and then Teddy Long grabbed it a few nights later and it was forgotten about one week after that.

I'd like to see them put something on the line. Nevertheless, the foreground characters--if it's Captain Heel Miz vs. Captain Babyface Edge--are already vastly more interesting than the ones we had last year, though Jericho was great in his role.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
That seems what will happen. I wonder who's gonna accompany Miz and Edge as co-captains. Miz being forced to lead the team with JoMo or Bryan would be hilarious. Edge will hopefully get paired with Punk as SD captains. But i don't think Smackdown will win this year though because SD already won the trophy last year.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
That seems what will happen. I wonder who's gonna accompany Miz and Edge as co-captains. Miz being forced to lead the team with JoMo or Bryan would be hilarious. Edge will hopefully get paired with Punk as SD captains. But i don't think Smackdown will win this year though because SD already won the trophy last year.
Based on what happened in Wichita, a Team Raw that has Miz, Morrison, Bryan and Sheamus on it could certainly be quite a treat.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Seeing as how Alex Riley is officially a wrestler on RAW,he'll probably be announced as co-captain. Should be a good match,and i expect RAW to pick up the win,but they may give it to SD again to keep the momentum of the move to SyFy going. I'd guess RAW's team will be The Miz,Alex Riley,Sheamus,John Morrison,and R-Truth or Daniel Bryan if there's no US Champion Vs IC Champion match this year.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I'm getting really sick of these forced Raw vs Smackdown rivalries. This always happens when the game is being released, and they always for the most part aren't very good.

The only time it was really interesting was in 2005, but unfortunately Eddie Guerrero passed away just before Survivor Series.

I know there's always debate about what's the better show amongst fans, but for the WWE to try to force some kind of dislike between the 2 shows is corny.

I have a hunch that Daniel Bryan and maybe John Morrison will probably wind up on the Raw team.

I can see maybe Kaval, Kofi Kingston, and Rhodes and McIntyre on the Smackdown team with Edge.

It just doesn't seam like a good idea, and I think they should drop the Pay Per View concept. Especially because the event is so close to Survivor Series.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Daniel Bryan will still be US Champion, so he'll have to face the current IC Champion (I wonder if Kaval will cash in on Ziggler before then...)

I can definately see John Morrison on Team Raw, as well as Sheamus, R-Truth, Mark Henry, Evan Bourne, and the Hart Dynasty. Possibly Ted DiBiase.

On SD team, I can see The Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston, and possibly CM Punk.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Team Raw vs Team Smackdown vs Nexus minus Barrett would be the way to stage it.
Raw Miz, Riley, Bryan, JoMo, Bourne, Sheamus
Smackdown Edge, Christian, Punk, Mysterio, Ziggler

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Team Raw vs Team Smackdown vs Nexus minus Barrett would be the way to stage it.
Raw Miz, Riley, Bryan, JoMo, Bourne, Sheamus
Smackdown Edge, Christian, Punk, Mysterio, Ziggler
A couple of things.

1)Otunga, Cena, Gabriel, and Heath Slater are only 4 guys. The Bragging Rights matches are 5 on 5. You can say McGillicutty and Husky Harris would be involved, but they haven't officically brought into Nexus.

2)Christian is out 4 months with an injury.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
TEAM RAW: The Miz (co-captain), John Morrison (co-captin), Sheamus, Alex Riley, Ted Dibiase, The Hart Dynaty

- Morrison/Miz probably won't be co-captains, but it would be cool. I want to put Bryan in there, but I'm not sure if they're doing the IC vs. US title match thing they did last year. Bryan/Ziggler sounds good.

TEAM SMACKDOWN: Edge (co-captain), Jack Swagger (co-captain) Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, The Big Show, Kofi Kingston and one other guy.

- If they want to continue an Edge/Swagger feud, this is a good way to get that going.

I'm looking forward to this team match more than last years...but I'm not sure why. Could be good though. Is it 7 on 7 like last time? Or 5 on 5?

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TEAM RAW: The Miz (co-captain), John Morrison (co-captin), Sheamus, Alex Riley, Ted Dibiase, The Hart Dynaty

- Morrison/Miz probably won't be co-captains, but it would be cool. I want to put Bryan in there, but I'm not sure if they're doing the IC vs. US title match thing they did last year. Bryan/Ziggler sounds good.

TEAM SMACKDOWN: Edge (co-captain), Jack Swagger (co-captain) Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, The Big Show, Kofi Kingston and one other guy.

- If they want to continue an Edge/Swagger feud, this is a good way to get that going.

I'm looking forward to this team match more than last years...but I'm not sure why. Could be good though. Is it 7 on 7 like last time? Or 5 on 5?
The fact that Bragging Rights is suceeded by Survivor Series is perfect, because it they are both team-based PPVs, and are a perfect way to continue a fued without getting too serious.

Miz / Morrison as rival co-captains of Team Raw @ BR = Team Miz vs. Team Morrison @ SS

Although to be honest, they already did that last year.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
The fact that Bragging Rights is suceeded by Survivor Series is perfect, because it they are both team-based PPVs, and are a perfect way to continue a fued without getting too serious.

Miz / Morrison as rival co-captains of Team Raw @ BR = Team Miz vs. Team Morrison @ SS

Although to be honest, they already did that last year.
They did yeh but as we all know, the WWE recycle storylines and matches all the time. We've had Sheamus/Orton on PPV three times in the past 9 months or so. Last year Miz/Morrison wasn't a proper feud, it was basically, we need the IC vs. US champion therefore Miz/Morrison then they just put together random teams, they didn't really FEUD.

The GM could easily name them as co-captains just because of them being a former team, experience of working with one another etc. This way, if they both end up as co-captains, feuding at the same time, there would be a interesting dynamic between Team RAW and it could be incredibly entertaining. Also asyou said, it could continue a feud without it becoming a one on one feud and they could easily have their first match at TLC. I think it would be great. With Morrison eliminating Miz on RAW...I could see it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts