Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was WWE so inconsistent with Chavo Guerrero? Looking back Chavo was always a prominent upper carder until 2009-2011. Chavo was among the SmackDown Six and provided great tag team matches along with his uncle Eddie Guerrero.

Los Guerreros eventually broken up and had a very fun feud, I even remember my mom starting to watch WWE at this point saying "why would the nephew betray his uncle?" Chavo was a convincing heel with his heelish, crafty antics. He was a great upper card heel who was a staple in the Cruiserweight division as well. I just never bought into Chavo as a face because he just had a heelish demeanor and was more fitting in that role.

His feuds with Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit and CM Punk were great fun. His storied rivalry with Rey Mysterio since 2002 was also a plus for Chavo. Hell I remember Chavo Guerrero main eventing matches on SD against the likes of Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio. Loved his ECW Championship reign and it showed when put in a storyline Chavo Guerrero can garner reactions so he does have enough charisma to keep him at upper carder status. On ECW he was fresh with consistent "Chavo sucks" chants he would receive for years since beating down his uncle Eddie.

So my point is I wasn't expecting a main event push but he should have been multi time IC/US Champion remaining a mainstay in the upper card. He knows how to get the crowd to hate him and garner heat he's done it before I don't see why WWE couldn't keep him relevant in the midcard especially considering the lineage, Mexican background, a cool name and nickname that stands out more than all these cookie cutter midcarders of today. I mean Justin Gabriel or Heath Slater doesn't sound as appealing as The Mexican Warrior Chavo Guerrero. Any other loyal Chavo fans out there agree?

·
Banned
188 Posts
Well, I'm not a huge fan of Chavo, but I never understood why WWE never really used him. I mean, this guy could have been a great IC Champion. Also, after Eddie's death, he was really over, it's a shame WWE didn't use this fact.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm not a huge fan of Chavo, but I never understood why WWE never really used him. I mean, this guy could have been a great IC Champion. Also, after Eddie's death, he was really over, it's a shame WWE didn't use this fact.
Exactly, I remember a match between Chavo/HHH which was a fun entertaining match and to see the crowd get behind him the way they did would have really took Chavo to new heights. All I wanted to end of his career was to have multiple IC/US title reigns. He deserved those belts.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Chavo is incredibly boring on the mic. He just doesn't have "it" like Eddie had, which is why Eddie was always the vocal point of Los Guerreros. They did somewhat push him after Eddie's death, but chose Mysterio to ride the wave. Chavo was part of the shitty La Familia story etc, and he became ECW Champ.

Let's not forget he violated the Wellness Policy too. Chavo didn't deserve more than he got at WWE IMO.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Chavo is just bland!

There is absolutely nothing I see that was exciting about him.

WWE used him in the best way, getting talent over. He got more of a push than he should have due to Eddie.

He has nothing on Eddie Guerrero and never has.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Two words... Mexican Jannetty. I enjoyed his cruiserweight and tag runs with Eddie, but the reason he never really took off is because he's just not marketable or captivating. He was always in Eddie's shadow because of it.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Mysterio was the better option after Eddie died. Amazing at connecting with audiences, especially kids, consistent in the ring and hugely marketable. Chavo's a good hand in the ring, but he wasn't ever really more than that. He was good to have in the midcard, but I don't think they screwed up by not pushing him to the main eventing and give him one of the big titles. I don't think it would have worked. I hate to say it, but he was always lacking in something.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He was never meant to anything more than Eddie's sidekick.

he should be glad of what he had in the WWE.
I really don't see how he was nothing more than a sidekick? Chavo Guerrero is great talent and is just as talented in the ring as Eddie. Just because Eddie is better doesn't mean Chavo isn't good. When used and given a storyline he knows how to get the crowd to despise him. Chavo was only tagging with Eddie for what 2 years and half, so how would that make him a sidekick? I don't get it people like Charlie Haas for his talents whats wrong with Chavito's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts