Wrestling Forum banner

The Masterpiece Chris Masters ...

3163 Views 21 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  East
Just been watching some WWE ppv's from 2005/2006, and I loved Chris Masters gimmick back then, the whole 'Masterpiece' thing was awesome I think, he got a lot of heat as a heel...

Do you guys think they could ever bring back his Masterpiece gimmick? Or would he have to turn heel again for that ever to happen?

I'd like to see Masters back on form like he was back then, instead of being on Superstars and all that rubbish ...

Thoughts?
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
He's a complete afterthought and has been since he violated the Wellness Policy. Every now and again there are threads about re-inventing the guy and giving him a more prominent place but Masters and his fans should be thankful that Masters is even with the company.

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
If he is going to get over as anything again, it's as a mid card face. Honestly, too much time has passed of him continuing to serve in an irrelevant, on screen jobber roll. No one would take him seriously as anything more unfortunately.

· Premium Member
654 Posts
He is better than half the Smackdown roster. And almost all of Raw's roster, although, that doesn't say much.

I'd like too see a face masterpiece hitting all the heels with his masterlock!!

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Honestly, I think Masters is one of the 7 bes tin ring performers and he seems to get good reactions from the crowd, but what do I know, Superstars is taped anyway. He is only 28 or something but he will never be world champ. He will probably pay his dues for two more years and then become a midcard champion. I think they have a plan for him. Otherwise I think they would have let someone break the masterlock by now.

· Registered
4,669 Posts
He's moved way beyond the old heel Masterpiece gimmick and no longer has the physique to back it up anyway.

He has improved leaps and bounds in the ring with the time he spent in Japan and wrestling around the world. His matches on Superstars and the mini-feuds he has on that show are entertaining. I think he could end up in the mid-card one day, but not very soon.

· Registered
350 Posts
Should be midcard but it wont happen unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.