Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Standing with The Man
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The synopsis for The Mandalorian talks about a lone gunfighter on the Outer Reaches of the galaxy away from the New Republic. Additionally, Jon Favreau has revealed this show will take place five years after Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, which is quite a ways away from The Force Awakens era. While it's not an impossibility to see characters from the new trilogy, it feels more likely older characters will make an appearance.

The synopsis also name-checked characters like Jango Fett and Boba Fett, and likened the gunfighter to a character similar in that regard because he's a warrior. This might be because all three characters are tied to Mandalore, which explains the title of the story well enough. Is this gunfighter directly related to Jango and Boba, or is the connection more based in the fact that most Mandalorians are warriors, mercenaries, or bounty hunters?

Source: https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2467674/the-mandalorian-what-we-know-so-far

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
I guess this is a way of doing a "Boba Fett" content without actually using the character, probably in response to how poorly Solo was received.
which is weird because i'm quite certain no less than 100% of the star wars fandom would rather this be a series about boba fett.

these execs overthink thing sometimes. this was a stupid idea. if you're gonna give us soulless fan service at least do it right.

no interest in this personally.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Yeah sorry I didn't want to see a Boba Fett Series so it's not 100% at all. If anything people want to see a Obi-Wan Film or Series rather than Fett and that is truth. I'm glad were going into territory after Return of the Jedi where the world was still rebuilding after the fall of the Empire. I have all the faith in the world that is going to rock.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
Yeah sorry I didn't want to see a Boba Fett Series so it's not 100% at all. If anything people want to see a Obi-Wan Film or Series rather than Fett and that is truth. I'm glad were going into territory after Return of the Jedi where the world was still rebuilding after the fall of the Empire. I have all the faith in the world that is going to rock.
i didn't want a series about boba fett either, that's not what i'm saying.

i'm saying if given the choice between a series about boba fett and some cheap imitation copy, i'm sure most star wars fans would have been way more interested in the former.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
I don't believe that at all and I'm never going to send something down the River and call it cheap until I see the Show. Fans want to see something new, and going to Fett to me wouldn't of been interesting as this new world that is being created for us.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,281 Posts
I'd much rather see original stories in the SW universe than prequels/side stories about established characters actually. Some of my favorite SW stuff is when they make original characters, i.e Thrawn, Darth Bane, and the Knights of the Old Republic stuff.

Might give this a try. Kinda soured on Disney's non-main series stuff tho after Rogue One and what I've seen of Solo.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
I don't believe that at all and I'm never going to send something down the River and call it cheap until I see the Show. Fans want to see something new, and going to Fett to me wouldn't of been interesting as this new world that is being created for us.
something new? he's boba fett with a different name :lol

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,647 Posts
Or maybe they didn't want to be locked into fan's lofty Boba Fett expectations, lore and fandom? See what happened when they "butchered" the post Return saga, they don't want fans to be pissed that they changed this and that from the books, so they went all original with the characters and story.

New characters, new worlds, new stories. Why is everyone so pissy?

·
40,696 Posts
Or maybe they didn't want to be locked into fan's lofty Boba Fett expectations, lore and fandom? See what happened when they "butchered" the post Return saga, they don't want fans to be pissed that they changed this and that from the books, so they went all original with the characters and story.

New characters, new worlds, new stories. Why is everyone so pissy?
It's probably largely because Luke was so different in TLJ from the established decades long history of Star Wars. I didn't hate TLJ though so I'm not sure.

I'll always check out new Star Wars stuff, but if it's shit then I'm out. Shit = most of what Disney does for the record.

I gotta say this though

Pedro Pascal as the lead with Carl Weathers Nick Nolte and Gina Carano.
They have my interest with this cast. Also I think I remember them once saying that The Mandolorian will play kind of like a Western. Or maybe I dreamed this. But if it's the case I'm more interested.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,281 Posts
Yeah the cast sounds really interesting.

I don't want a Boba Fett show. You're either telling a story about a guy we already know dies in ROTJ or you're retconning ROTJ (like the original EU did), which I'm not a fan of. Consider me resolutely in the "new characters, new stories" camp. I just want them to be good. I feel like it shouldn't be that hard. For me, the bar is lower when it comes to Star Wars content because I already love the universe and am ready to love new characters and stories within that universe. You don't have to make the next Breaking Bad or Fargo for me to watch it.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
Yeah the cast sounds really interesting.

I don't want a Boba Fett show. You're either telling a story about a guy we already know dies in ROTJ or you're retconning ROTJ (like the original EU did), which I'm not a fan of. Consider me resolutely in the "new characters, new stories" camp. I just want them to be good. I feel like it shouldn't be that hard. For me, the bar is lower when it comes to Star Wars content because I already love the universe and am ready to love new characters and stories within that universe. You don't have to make the next Breaking Bad or Fargo for me to watch it.
eh to each his own. although i am a massive star wars fan i am not just going to watch anything because it has the name 'star wars' attached.

i also don't think the universe is nearly as interesting or as ripe for exploration as a lot of the fans do. i need more than just new planets and new random alien species to get excited, i need great characters. i need something that looks like it was inspired.

the only reason this show is being made is because disney wants live action star wars content for their streaming service, not because it was some new and original story that was inspired and absolutely needed to be told. otherwise we wouldn't be getting a show about a clone boba fett.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,358 Posts
I'm fine them not making the show about Bobba Fett. What's the point in making a show or movie about a guy that we all know is going to get eaten by giant sand monster and be digested for over 1,000 years? He goes out like a loser as he like gets hit with a paddle or something and his jet pack explodes. That's the end of the story.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
I'm fine them not making the show about Bobba Fett. What's the point in making a show or movie about a guy that we all know is going to get eaten by giant sand monster and be digested for over 1,000 years? He goes out like a loser as he like gets hit with a paddle or something and his jet pack explodes. That's the end of the story.
well they already announced they're doing a show about juan solo from rogue one and we know how his story ends too.

·
Standing with The Man
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just give me some Old Republic stuff or something. I'm so tired of Prequel/Original Trilogy/Sequel Star Wars
This what I want too, full on Jedi v Sith battles with both respective sides at the peak of their power or even Revan's story on the big screen? :yoda
I think Bioware kinda have this era on lock down though and some deal with them would likely need to be struck in order to make the events of the 3 TOR games to become canon and events of this era to used in a movie/TV setting.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
This what I want too, full on Jedi v Sith battles with both respective sides at the peak of their power or even Revan's story on the big screen? :yoda
I think Bioware kinda have this era on lock down though and some deal with them would likely need to be struck in order to make the events of the 3 TOR games to become canon and events of this era to used in a movie/TV setting.
I respect your opinion and understand there are a lot of people who are very interested in that kind of stuff. However, I am more appealed by the other side of Star Wars than by the Force, Jedi/Sith, etc. Give me stormtroopers, star destroyers, TIEs, scoundrels, bounty hunters and blasters of all sizes. I get for most people the Force stuff is what makes Star Wars unique, but there are way more interesting things to me in the Star Wars universe than the 'supernatural' elements. In fact the cancellation of 1313 was a huge blow; you jedi lovers already have tons of video games! -_-

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
I respect your opinion and understand there are a lot of people who are very interested in that kind of stuff. However, I am more appealed by the other side of Star Wars than by the Force, Jedi/Sith, etc. Give me stormtroopers, star destroyers, TIEs, scoundrels, bounty hunters and blasters of all sizes. I get for most people the Force stuff is what makes Star Wars unique, but there are way more interesting things to me in the Star Wars universe than the 'supernatural' elements. In fact the cancellation of 1313 was a huge blow; you jedi lovers already have tons of video games! -_-
You're talking like stormtroopers, star destroyers, TIEs, scoundrels, bounty hunters and blasters of all sizes are only in the movies?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts