Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're overdoing it with all the name dropping and the breaking kayfabe. I mean it was cool the first time but now it's just being overdone. That's the problem with the WWE. When something is hot they keep doing it and doing it over and over again till it gets annoying. They need to change it up. For right now he should stay away from the mic yes I know that's his best trait but he needs to let his wrestling do the talking for him.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
Once Triple H does his expected heel turn, and reunites the Kliq (nwo) Punk will get a great momentum going again.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
How has he broken kayfabe? His character is supposed to be a straight-edge, anti-establishment wrestler who understands the hardcore wrestling fan, and fights for the independent wrestlers. That maybe Phil Brooks too, but thats what the character CM Punk is as well.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
What he's doing isn't breaking kayfabe.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
I think CM Punk needs to seriously kick some ass!! badly!!.. Words are good and all.. but Punk really needs to beat some one up.. Maybe Miz or Truth. lol
ye I wanna see him do a austin, raise hell

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
He doesn't break kayfabe.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
How has he broken kayfabe? His character is supposed to be a straight-edge, anti-establishment wrestler who understands the hardcore wrestling fan, and fights for the independent wrestlers. That maybe Phil Brooks too, but thats what the character CM Punk is as well.
This.

Not to mention the forth wall in professional wrestling will always be blurred anyway since everyone already knows it's fake. That's where the majority of all this sudden appeal of CM Punk has come from anyway, why stop now if it's making him big?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I actually dont think there is a difference between Phil Brookes and CMP Punk anymore

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Does the fourth wall even exist in wrestling?

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts
My only problem with Punk right now is WWE has turned him into a troll. And once in troll mode he tries to be funny and he simply isn't funny. That's not his game...and that's a shame.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
He's barely broken kayfabe. Most of the things he said everybody knows or is out there in public.

The only problem I have with Punk is that he needs to wrestle more to establish himself as a threat in the ring instead of always being a threat on the mic.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I actually dont think there is a difference between Phil Brookes and CMP Punk anymore
Is that a bad thing?? Most wrestlers these days, aren't much different from there characters....notice how we've gotten away from gimmick names, and just giving them real names...jack swagger, cody rhodes, daniel brian, john cena, yeah they may not be their actual names, but its not like The Undertaker, Big Boss Man, Vader...we still have The Miz, R-truth, CM Punk, and some others but most of the time its just wrestlers with their character being their personality not really who they are

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
My only problem with Punk right now is WWE has turned him into a troll. And once in troll mode he tries to be funny and he simply isn't funny. That's not his game...and that's a shame.
Like I said, once Triple H turns heel as expected, Punks momentum will go into full throttle again.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts