Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Personally don't agree with any of that for a number of reasons but first being you'd be better off starting on the replacement list and repping in... Unless I misunderstood something. It's good as is IMO. Not that I'm the arbiter or anything

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Personally don't agree with any of that for a number of reasons but first being you'd be better off starting on the replacement list and repping in... Unless I misunderstood something. It's good as is IMO. Not that I'm the arbiter or anything
Yes I wanted to give points to players for repping in because it's hard to find replacements, and points for playing so that players feel that just playing will give them progression on the grand scale and are less likely to skip games. Looking at it from a mod perspective.

Anyway I think X probably stops updating the points after a few games so I don't think it's a huge deal what system we use :p

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Can we add a +1 for an honourable mention from the host?

Maybe with the condition of no more than 2 honourable mentions being allowed per game but I feel like there are enough games where one person isn't the very obvious MVP that we should give a chance for credit to be spread a little in situations where teams do well together, where there are 2 or 3 standouts or even when someone plays very well on a losing team.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
May I add a few?

+3 for a MVP
+2 if your team wins
+1 for playing till the end
+1 for repping in
-1 for repping out

I know Junk doesn't agree.
how is playing until the end something worth getting a point over?

i like junk's system, we shouldn't need an incentive at all for people to rep in.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
Can we add a +1 for an honourable mention from the host?

Maybe with the condition of no more than 2 honourable mentions being allowed per game but I feel like there are enough games where one person isn't the very obvious MVP that we should give a chance for credit to be spread a little in situations where teams do well together, where there are 2 or 3 standouts or even when someone plays very well on a losing team.
Why not just one honourable mention for someone on the other team? 2 is fine as well, but usually both sides have someone that played well where MVP just goes to winner. Two works as well.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Why not just one honourable mention for someone on the other team? 2 is fine as well, but usually both sides have someone that played well where MVP just goes to winner. Two works as well.
Would seem a bit silly if the two best players in the game were on the winning side together though. I do agree that Curry's idea sounds good although yeah it should be mod discretion and if they didn't feel anybody else played particularly well there shouldn't be any additional points handed out. Maybe a maximum of two honourable mentions with no obligation to give out any if it isn't warranted.

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
Yeah, 0-2 honourable mentions per game as the host sees fit was what I originally meant but didn't phrase too well. Just depends on how the game pans out where they'll want to award them.

·
7,935 Posts
I think the up to 2 honourable mentions should be up to the mods discretion. MVP doesn't always go to the winning side anyway, mostly but not always
agree with this fwiw. The host shouldn't always feel obligated obviously but up to 2 gives a lot of leeway and its very rare you'd probably have more than three players worthy of mention (unless you get like a scum clean sweep but i'd probably class that as an exceptional circumstance)

the repping incentives are a nice idea but i wonder what effect they would have anyway. feels like anyone who would do it for a point probably would have repped in anyway?

·
Chr1st0’s Top Deputy
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll add a honourable mention 2 point system, the host can give a player 1 point each apart from the REAL MVP.

I'm going out in a bit but yea, feel free to use that system.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts